• Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Walmart sells ammo? Who knew?!

22LR in bulk. LCC or RC for centerfire.

I would sooner buy all the components and wait a week for it to arrive than try to get someone behind the counter at Wally World.

Under normal circumstances I couldn't agree more, but I was dying to put some rounds through my 1911 and I had no 45 brass to reload. I'm sorry but I had a moment of weakness.

Cannon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    Consistent like every single time I went in there looking for ammo (once or twice a month) for a couple years. Different times of the day. I have no desire to walk it up the ladder because I don't expect any better from WM, and I never figured it was up to me to improve their customer service, I just stopped buying from them and never looked back. I did mention it to a manager when I would find one and there was always an excuse and it never got better. They'll make their money whether or not I go there so it's no skin off my nose.

I think that it is interesting that someone will spend more time complaining about a problem on the internet when they have full potential to resolve it by finding a real person(s) at a local store. I would not expect you to get better results in anything than what you already excpect either. I definitely disagree with you although I do value your opinion.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Under normal circumstances I couldn't agree more, but I was dying to put some rounds through my 1911 and I had no 45 brass to reload. I'm sorry but I had a moment of weakness.

You're forgiven! I've got an empty box of 30-'06 ammo I bought years ago, for exactly the same reason. It wasn't expensive or hard to find and I didn't want to strangle someone for lack of decent customer service, but I had a new gun and did NOT want to wait for the reloading components to shoot it!

I still feel the shame of that day. :D

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    Ops story is dead on if you just transfer it to the Evansville area stores.
    I've tried "going up the ladder". Nothings any different at the top of said ladder.
    Yet corporate is confused as to why their sales are on the decline.

Grafs.com will gladly get it to you the very next day....

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    My local Wal-Mart had Federal Bulk packs of 100rd 45ACP for $24.97ea today! Thats only the 2nd or 3rd time Ive ever seen them have those in stock. I dont mind waiting for a bit to save that kind of money.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I think that it is interesting that someone will spend more time complaining about a problem on the internet when they have full potential to resolve it by finding a real person(s) at a local store. I would not expect you to get better results in anything than what you already excpect either. I definitely disagree with you although I do value your opinion.

You must have missed the part in there where I said I did talk to managers in the store about it... I do find it interesting that there are apologists for WM hanging out here and they'd make assumptions about my motivations.

I've spent all of about ten minutes complaining about it on the internet and only then when someone else posted about it. It's called conversation. I've spent at least an hour hunting down managers and complaining to them with no tangible results. That's called frustration, to the point that I no longer care what the local WM does because I get better service at similar prices elsewhere so why on earth SHOULD I care if WM itself doesn't? They're not paying me to encourage their minimum wage no service employees to work better.

I voted with my feet and dollars and am done with them.

Last edited:

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    For those of you that live in South Central Indiana, this is how mad I was. I left Walmart and drove to Cosner's Guns of all places. Do you realize how irate someone has to be to give David Cosner the opportunity to rob them? I left there and felt like I had a really bad prison experience.

You must've been pretty infuriated...

:popcorn:

I smell a troll...

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    Speaking of Walmart......
    Not long ago I was in the process of buying a few boxes of shotgun shells at the Vincennes Walmart when the clerk asked to see my drivers license. I assumed to verify my age. I'm 53 but whatever....
    I was talking to someone when it occured to me that the clerk had been pecking at his keyboard for some time. When I looked he was entering my license number and I asked what he was doing.
    He said entering my information, all of it, as required by law.
    I took my license from him and he said he needed it back because the system hadn't taken the info he'd entered and he had to start over.
    I replied that he was done as far as getting my info, and I know the laws and that I didn't know what kind of a boondogle Walmart or him personally were trying to pull but it wasn't going to involve me.
    He looked astonished as I left.
    I've bought a lot of rimfire ammo and shotshells at several Walmarts and that is not the norm.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I feel your pain...

I do not frequent that pigsty store any longer to buy anything if I can absolutely avoid it...period. The few bucks saved (sometimes) doesn't justify the grief that I ALWAYS feel or get EVERYTIME I visit there....no matter what city, town or state it's in. :noway:

And this is why WMT will never take over the world.

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    And this is why WMT will never take over the world.

They already have done just that in the retail world.:rockwoot:

WalMart was the only retailer that had the Henry Rifle I wanted to purchase. None of the LGS had one in stock and at $3.75 a gal I saw no need for a long drive to get one. Plus they had the best price, transaction took no longer than 15 minutes.

whoismunky

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Bloomington,IN
    For those of you that live in South Central Indiana, this is how mad I was. I left Walmart and drove to Cosner's Guns of all places. Do you realize how irate someone has to be to give David Cosner the opportunity to rob them? I left there and felt like I had a really bad prison experience.

I'm from Bedford/Mitchell area so this post is hilariously topical to me =) I feel your pain, man...

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I've been known to go to the WM ammo counter and wait a few minutes, then pull out my phone and call the main store number to ask for an associate to the sporting goods counter. :D

Blessings,
    Bill

Cannon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    I was hoping to let this thread thread die..... even after being called a troll. I should say I've had bad experiences at WM as well, but someone has always attempted to fix it if I thought it was worth taking it any farther. Most of the stores are opened 24 hours and there are alot of them so a wait is to be expected at times. I can't tag any of it as WM, rather and individual store. If I went into a store and ALWAYS had to wait I'd go some where else too if my concerns fell on deaf ears. Reality of it is I've gone to shops where the people behind the counter felt righteous for some reason and were flat out rude to customers. My experience is not the same as some others here. As for posting with quotes, I should apologize to shibumiseeker.
    I really keep coming back to this section cause I'm having problems reloading 308... I might post a thread in another day or two if I don't see better results.

Citizen711

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Fishers
    Fishers Wal-Mart almost always has someone staffing the sporting goods counter, and it's usually the same older fella. He's a bit of a chatty Cathy, which is good when I'm just killing an afternoon - not so much when I'm in a rush.

Top Bottom