Is this just the beginning of rioting or will it subside?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • migunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 4, 2011
    DeMotte
    No matter if pre-planned or not. There is no legitimate excuse for this lack of social responsibility or the lack of spine of the government to squelch it!!!!

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    No matter if pre-planned or not. There is no legitimate excuse for this lack of social responsibility or the lack of spine of the government to squelch it!!!!

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

If you think that is the solution, you either aren't listening to the complaints or you are in favor of a totalitarian government.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    It's neither. It is less lethal. Generally not lethal if used correctly, but can be lethal depending on the suspect's health status or its application. (ie: multiple cycles)

A baton is not a lethal weapon, unless you hit somebody over the head repeatedly with it. If an officer uses a baton when it is called for as an appropriate use of force, that's fine. If a suspect takes the baton and tries to strike the officer over the head, he legitimately deserves hollowpoints.

It's about the totality of the circumstances, not a simple "If A is A, then B is B" equation. This may require more thought than some people are used to.

I'm on board with this.

How lethal is a guy who is running away with a spent taser cartridge? Is that a situation that calls for deadly force?

caverjamie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Dubois Co.
    Not the same situation as George Floyd. I'm not gonna run from, fight, or point things at cops because I want to live. This is an example why, can you imagine the stress, adrenaline and the split second decision making. Armchair quarterback the cop if you want, but I'd like to see you take a taser hit and not defend yourself, and shake it off, because you thought it would be less than lethal...

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

If you think that is the solution, you either aren't listening to the complaints or you are in favor of a totalitarian government.

What complaints are there to listen to? That criminals are upset that they get caught? That stealing an officer's weapon and using it against him, shouldn't warrant a deadly response?

Get over yourself and your propaganda.

ALL of these problems these political hacks are complaining about are their own fault. They want to fight with police officers then wonder why they end up losing the fight.
    The only words out of their mouth towards an officer should be "Yes Sir" and "No Sir" if they want to have the smoothest possible interaction.
    If that's unacceptable to them, then seek citizenship elsewhere, the rest of us are done with the attitude.

Seeing their true nature, in absence of police, every day this week and last week has made me realize something. There's a decent chunk of the country who can not peacefully co-exist in our nation anymore and value a pair of shoes or a TV over the functioning of our country or the lives of others.

And I don't want to hear about poverty or socieoconomic issues. If those people were truly so bad off, they'd be looting food. It's the only thing still sitting on shelves of all these stores that have been looted.

Last edited:

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    What complaints are there to listen to? That criminals are upset that they get caught? That stealing an officer's weapon and using it against him, shouldn't warrant a deadly response?

Get over yourself and your propaganda.

ALL of these problems these political hacks are complaining about are their own fault. They want to fight with police officers then wonder why they end up losing the fight.
    The only words out of their mouth towards an officer should be "Yes Sir" and "No Sir" if they want to have the smoothest possible interaction.

Are you covering your eyes and claiming to be blind?

What event triggered all of this? George Floyd didn't resist. He didn't disrespect. Even while he was literally begging for his life he was saying the right words. And he suffered summary execution for passing a counterfeit $20. I still haven't seen any evidence that Floyd even knew that the bill was counterfeit.

If that's unacceptable to them, then seek citizenship elsewhere, the rest of us are done with the attitude.

Not how it works. If you think it's unacceptable for people to petition the government for a redress of grievances, maybe you are the one who would be happier living under a different constitution.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Are we all doing OK in here fellas.....:dunno:

I think so. If we were having this conversation in person, it would have cost me at least two pitchers for the table by now, but I think we'd all still be sitting around the same table.

I will admit that, in this crowd, I am definitely the one everyone else is most likely to get up and walk away from.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I'm on board with this.

How lethal is a guy who is running away with a spent taser cartridge? Is that a situation that calls for deadly force?

Who's to say the officer even knew that it was his Taser, or his partner's Taser? (Not sure which one fired shots) Point something at me and I hear a pop, you're getting lead. Period.

Fog of war, and all that. Officers don't have the benefit of third person perspective and an armchair, days after the fact.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    A taser is most definitely a lethal weapon since a suspect can use it to incapacitate an officer and take his sidearm.

Was the partner going through the drive-thru for a Baconator at the time?

The security footage from the side of the building makes it look* like the taser wasn't fired even close to the officers.

*I say "makes it look" because I have been deceived by camera angles enough to know that even a video isn't always what it immediately looks like.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Who's to say the officer even knew that it was his Taser, or his partner's Taser? (Not sure which one fired shots) Point something at me and I hear a pop, you're getting lead. Period.

Fog of war, and all that. Officers don't have the benefit of third person perspective and an armchair, days after the fact.

One of the officers said on the video repeatedly (while the "action" was going on off camera) "hands off the taser." They had previously patted down the deceased and found no weapons.

They knew where that taser came from.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    The next step in pushing this chaos past the point of no return will be the random killing of white people in the suburbs by those saying that they are doing it for "justice".

I'm praying that this doesn't happen, but all of this seems a lot more organized than anything I remember from the 60s. It makes me think that there are truly evil, opportunistic people running it from behind the scenes.

Just wait until the next instance of a white civilian using a personal firearm to legitimately defend him/herself from a black assailant.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I think so. If we were having this conversation in person, it would have cost me at least two pitchers for the table by now, but I think we'd all still be sitting around the same table.

I will admit that, in this crowd, I am definitely the one everyone else is most likely to get up and walk away from.

Of course you think so. You're the one who made the following comment:

Having a different opinion, in a conversation discussing Wendy's being burned for the manager simply doing the right thing, does not constitute being in favor of a totalitarian government.

That was uncalled-for. Man-up and accept that you got a little hot under the collar. It happens.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

It’s clear that the officer knew who's taser it was. There’s 90 minutes of body cam video released to the public. After the shooting the cop who shot Brooks told some other officers involved in the investigation that Brooks took the other cop’s taser.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    After watching the video I don’t think he was running away with a spent taser.

It looks to me like he fired the taser off wildly before the officers drew and fired their pistols. Definitely hard to say for sure from the videos that I have seen, especially without sound on the surveillance camera.

I'm glad that I'm not one of the officers or jurors.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Was the partner going through the drive-thru for a Baconator at the time?

The security footage from the side of the building makes it look* like the taser wasn't fired even close to the officers.

*I say "makes it look" because I have been deceived by camera angles enough to know that even a video isn't always what it immediately looks like.
    Do you have a link to that video?

Top Bottom