Is 2022 Elections going to be a Red Tidal Wave?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    While my wife was watching The Voice I was in the next room where I could hear the commercials. Every one was political. Every one that was for a democrat was about abortion. They all call the Republican extremist. "They are so extreme they are against abortion in the cases of rape and the pregnancy putting the woman's life at risk." This was all they talked about. Are the democrats counting on abortion getting a large female turnout to vote against Republicans?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    While my wife was watching The Voice I was in the next room where I could hear the commercials. Every one was political. Every one that was for a democrat was about abortion. They all call the Republican extremist. "They are so extreme they are against abortion in the cases of rape and the pregnancy putting the woman's life at risk." This was all they talked about. Are the democrats counting on abortion getting a large female turnout to vote against Republicans?
    They are, it is all they have…

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    They assume all women want to murder babies.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Wait...
    One of these candidates is a Marine?
    How did I miss that? You would think that would have been mentioned in that candidate's ad or something.
    What election? Where?

And sidetrack - there's a scrawny groom at a weeding the other month, a weirdo goth girl at work, and an Indian nerd at work (yeah, like me*), that all claim to be former Marines.

No reason to doubt them, so...
    Has the Marines changed?

* No way I'd ever join the Marines. I did one year as AFROTC and that was enough.
    (Edit: I fit the nerd part, not the Indian part)

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Calling your opponent an extremist is is an old and brainless play.

Newsflash: Political ads lie.
    Are they lying to gin up votes? Yup.

What else can they do? They hold the WH and there's a recession, that's a guaranteed midterm loss as history indicates.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    campaign ads most DEFINITELY lie. Especially by omission. Look at the FairTax. (love it or hate it, you have to agree with this)

For those that arent aware, the FairTax eliminates the IRS, so your entire paycheck goes home with you since there is no longer an income tax. So you pay your taxes by paying a federal retail sales tax of 23% on NEW merchandise instead. (with a prebate check that zeroes out the taxes up to the poverty level so those at or below the poverty line pay 0% net taxes)

Yet given the facts above, those running against candidates in favor of the FairTax will run ads that say "Did you know that my opponent is in favor of a 23% federal sales tax?!?!? Vote for me! I wont steal your money!"

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    What election? Where?

And sidetrack - there's a scrawny groom at a weeding the other month, a weirdo goth girl at work, and an Indian nerd at work (yeah, like me*), that all claim to be former Marines.

No reason to doubt them, so...
    Has the Marines changed?

* No way I'd ever join the Marines. I did one year as AFROTC and that was enough.

I suspect all felt pretty much the same.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    campaign ads most DEFINITELY lie. Especially by omission. Look at the FairTax. (love it or hate it, you have to agree with this)

For those that arent aware, the FairTax eliminates the IRS, so your entire paycheck goes home with you since there is no longer an income tax. So you pay your taxes by paying a federal retail sales tax of 23% on NEW merchandise instead. (with a prebate check that zeroes out the taxes up to the poverty level so those at or below the poverty line pay 0% net taxes)

Yet given the facts above, those running against candidates in favor of the FairTax will run ads that say "Did you know that my opponent is in favor of a 23% federal sales tax?!?!? Vote for me! I wont steal your money!"
    You had me until 23%. Yikes.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    You had me until 23%. Yikes.
    Who you stick the check with is irrelevant. It’s a spending problem. Defunding and eliminating the IRS will not fix anything unless we fix the spending. Government will always get to eat. It will always get theirs and it will always want more. Whether it’s by income tax or a sales tax, we will pay to keep it well fed.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    YES!

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I see gains, but no wave. Lots of big blue city machines out there where the vote really doesn't matter. Breaking the power of those machines is going to take time and energy. More than will be brought up in one or two election cycles.

Last edited:

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    I see gains, but no wave. Lots of big blue city machines out there where the vote really doesn't matter. Braking the power of those machines is going to take time and energy. More than will be brought up in one or two election cycles.
    And the republicans (laughingly referred to in everyday parlance as "the right") have no wherewithal to do what is necessary to break it. Too many of the "proper" dinner parties to get invited to.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I see gains, but no wave. Lots of big blue city machines out there where the vote really doesn't matter. Braking the power of those machines is going to take time and energy. More than will be brought up in one or two election cycles.
    Depends on what your definition of wave is. Mine is a absolute control in the house and a senate majority that does not need Romney/Collins et al to get things passed…

Top Bottom