• ...and so much more!
  • Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Yeah he’s not great at computer school, but good enough to pass i guess. Made him the same deal i made his sister (not Mrs.BRC). As long as he keeps up on his school work and supports himself he can live here for free until he graduates. After that i start charging rent, but i did give the last one a security deposit for her own apartment and helped her out with essentials out of the rent money she paid me while living here. Ya know, things a parent might do.

Best thing he's got going for him is you as a role model. Cheers bud.

tackdriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Glad this is working out so far. Glad this kid has at least a few standup people in his life. Hope the drama is truly over (at least about the truck).

Well done!

tackdriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    When I started reading this thread, I got that sick "what could go wrong" feeling. Be aware that just because the law says it's yours, and logic says it's yours, that doesn't mean your safe when you take it from a POS.

I was sole owner of a business, and the business owned property (I'll call it my property for this). Another man agreed to buy my business property, but never did. One evening, I put some of my property, in my vehicle, and drove to my home. The guy who never bought the property called the Fishers PD and claimed I stole his property, and lied about it's value (all in, worth about $400, maybe).

The police initially presumed I was guilty of theft, and demanded I return the property (I refused). I had to deal with this for some time, but fortunately it became clear what was going on, and the detective closed the investigation.

Next, he turned to a powerful attorney friend, and clamed "Conversion" (similar to theft) along with a long list of other false accusations. They convinced a judge to order me to return my property to them, and restrained me from doing business with my own clients. This kicked off 5 years of litigation (them pursuing me). I had no choice to walk away; he was the plaintiff. He did offer to drop it if I paid him about $100K - I declined.

Along the way, a Federal Judge determined that he never had any claim to the property, or to the clients. After 5 years and hundreds of thousands in legal fees - right before trial - they dropped everything and just walked away.

The Facts were on my side. The Law was on my side. The only things on his side were false allegations, and a big law firm. I still got shafted with years of stress and aggravation, and crushing legal bills. He just won a primary election in Hamilton County.

Lesson learned, and related to this thread:

Be very careful how you proceed if Law Enforcement or Lawyers might get involved!!!

Being 100% Right doesn't mean you won't Pay For It.

More true if the other side is petty, vindictive, petulant, and dishonest.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    When I started reading this thread, I got that sick "what could go wrong" feeling. Be aware that just because the law says it's yours, and logic says it's yours, that doesn't mean your safe when you take it from a POS.

I was sole owner of a business, and the business owned property (I'll call it my property for this). Another man agreed to buy my business property, but never did. One evening, I put some of my property, in my vehicle, and drove to my home. The guy who never bought the property called the Fishers PD and claimed I stole his property, and lied about it's value (all in, worth about $400, maybe).

The police initially presumed I was guilty of theft, and demanded I return the property (I refused). I had to deal with this for some time, but fortunately it became clear what was going on, and the detective closed the investigation.

Next, he turned to a powerful attorney friend, and clamed "Conversion" (similar to theft) along with a long list of other false accusations. They convinced a judge to order me to return my property to them, and restrained me from doing business with my own clients. This kicked off 5 years of litigation (them pursuing me). I had no choice to walk away; he was the plaintiff. He did offer to drop it if I paid him about $100K - I declined.

Along the way, a Federal Judge determined that he never had any claim to the property, or to the clients. After 5 years and hundreds of thousands in legal fees - right before trial - they dropped everything and just walked away.

The Facts were on my side. The Law was on my side. The only things on his side were false allegations, and a big law firm. I still got shafted with years of stress and aggravation, and crushing legal bills. He just won a primary election in Hamilton County.

Be very careful how you proceed if Law Enforcement or Lawyers might get involved!!!

Should've sued his ass off for damages to your business and legal fees. Also it sounds like he tried to extort $100k from you in exchange for dropping the fraudulent case. How come your attorney did'nt pick up on that?

Last edited:

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    Well my bad, its a 25 minute drive there and back lol.

Anyway, the kid has it back. The truck was fine, the in-laws came out screaming when they saw my truck backing a trailer down the alley. Then quickly went inside when they saw the police car. Officer did his thing then talked to them while i checked it over. They were just glaring at me the ENTIRE time. Smiled and waved as i drove it away.

Im not worried about retaliation, we have a no trespassing order so they cant come here, plus they have no car so it would be a LONG walk.
    INGO upon seeing the outcome.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

Hold on...

You spent 5 years and hundreds of thousands of dollars defending $400 of property? Barred from seeing clients? High powered attorneys involved? Federal judge?

Nah. There's a lot more to this story than $400 in property.

tackdriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Should've sued his ass off for damages to your business and legal fees. Also it sounds like he tried to extort $100k from you in exchange for dropping the fraudulent case. How come your attorney did'nt pick up on that?
    Oh, I picked up on it right away. I got a big lesson in how the legal system REALLY works. The short of it is that the Courts - i.e. the Judges, just don't give a sh**. This is "normal" behavior.

They, he and his attorneys, flat out lied to the courts, and the court didn't seem to care. At one point, my lawyer mentioned filling a motion under "Rule 11", where an attorney verifies to the Court that: They did their due diligence and determined that there is evidence to support every allegation; that there is a reasonable legal argument; and that there is no improper purpose such as to harass or increase costs. The judge gave him a withering look and told him not to bring it up. Later, management at his firm effectively said "yup, you have a good case for that - but nope, you're not going to go there!"

My read: The other attorney and his firm were powerful enough that nobody wanted to go to war with them, despite promises to me to the contrary. Add to that that it was all coming out of my pocket, and my well was far past dry. Everyone told me that the Judge had discression, and would absolutely, 100%, never hammer them for what was done.

The Judge in another court simply didn't want to be bothered (my impression). The case was over five years old, the courts were just opening up after Covid lockdowns, and I wasn't really important.

THIS is why I believe the Judges are the root of the problem.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

And a politician.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Oh, I picked up on it right away. I got a big lesson in how the legal system REALLY works. The short of it is that the Courts - i.e. the Judges, just don't give a sh**. This is "normal" behavior.

They, he and his attorneys, flat out lied to the courts, and the court didn't seem to care. At one point, my lawyer mentioned filling a motion under "Rule 11", where an attorney verifies to the Court that: They did their due diligence and determined that there is evidence to support every allegation; that there is a reasonable legal argument; and that there is no improper purpose such as to harass or increase costs. The judge gave him a withering look and told him not to bring it up. Later, management at his firm effectively said "yup, you have a good case for that - but nope, you're not going to go there!"

My read: The other attorney and his firm were powerful enough that nobody wanted to go to war with them, despite promises to me to the contrary. Add to that that it was all coming out of my pocket, and my well was far past dry. Everyone told me that the Judge had discression, and would absolutely, 100%, never hammer them for what was done.

The Judge in another court simply didn't want to be bothered (my impression). The case was over five years old, the courts were just opening up after Covid lockdowns, and I wasn't really important.

THIS is why I believe the Judges are the root of the problem.
    Follow the money.

tackdriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Hold on...

You spent 5 years and hundreds of thousands of dollars defending $400 of property? Barred from seeing clients? High powered attorneys involved? Federal judge?

Nah. There's a lot more to this story than $400 in property.
    Yes there is. You're wise to pick up on it. There was also breach of contract (they breached then accused me when I walked out), a secure data center I contracted with where he conned them to gain access, then shut down my servers and got ME barred from the facility; they claimed all the equipment there belonged to them, that I stole my own information, and that I decimated his business by servicing my clients.

There's a LOT more to it - but it didn't really match up with this thread, and it all started when I put my own property in my car and went home. :) That's why I got the "what could go wrong" feeling.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    There's a LOT more to it - but it didn't really match up with this thread, and it all started when I put my own property in my car and went home. :) That's why I got the "what could go wrong" feeling.
    And as a side note, Never ever ever allow personal property to be used for business use. ESPECIALLY computers. Always listen when IT says "No, we cant let Joe use his ________ to do his job. We need to buy one."

This isnt the first time I've seen things go sideways for a business when somebody decides to take his ball and go home. (Not saying TD did anything wrong, for the record.)

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yes there is. You're wise to pick up on it. There was also breach of contract (they breached then accused me when I walked out), a secure data center I contracted with where he conned them to gain access, then shut down my servers and got ME barred from the facility; they claimed all the equipment there belonged to them, that I stole my own information, and that I decimated his business by servicing my clients.

Yup. Typical political hack.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Nah pretty sure he is not a Unicorn they are out there. I happen to see one every day.
    They're out there, my daughter turns 17 this week and graduates highschool this week all while working a full time job.

And she managed to finish a few Ivy Tech classes during highschool. When it comes to schooling she did not take after me.
    Oh I know they’re out there, I just see a whole lot that show up to work to do as little as possible, and a whole lot more that just don’t show up, or will just quit when they screw something up and the boss gets on them.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Oh I know they’re out there, I just see a whole lot that show up to work to do as little as possible, and a whole lot more that just don’t show up, or will just quit when they screw something up and the boss gets on them.
    Yeah I know. I think the good ones may be the minority, but I hope not.

DFacres

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2015
    This sphere
    Yes, sorry. BIL = brother in law (the 17 year old who got kicked out) his parents are not on the title or insurance or anything.

I dont know if they have a leg to stand on or not since they are his legal guardians.
    Since they have zero ownership and have threatened to scrap it (although doubtful anyone would accept it w/o a title in their hands), wait until they do some nefarious act on the truck and have them arrested. Can you place a trail camera nearby to capture them in the act for evidence?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Since they have zero ownership and have threatened to scrap it (although doubtful anyone would accept it w/o a title in their hands), wait until they do some nefarious act on the truck and have them arrested. Can you place a trail camera nearby to capture them in the act for evidence?
    If you read the whole thread, they already retrieved the truck and have possession of it.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tweaver1500
    Top Bottom