• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Absolutely. Were meeting at a McDonalds just down the road at 5. We have both sets of keys, the title, and the insurance info is on our phones (progressive app). Playing the saint will drive the in-laws insane. Plus i have nothing to say to them.
    This is the best course of action. Let them show that they are the irrational ones.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    So, while we’re waiting for the AAR, I have a question about something in the OP, where he said under 18 couldn’t own it outright. What is up with that?
    I heard one other person that had a title /truck given to their kid say something like “that can’t be done, he’s under 18” and we just shrugged and laughed and signed the title over.
    So what’s up with under 18 not owning?

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    So, while we’re waiting for the AAR, I have a question about something in the OP, where he said under 18 couldn’t own it outright. What is up with that?
    I heard one other person that had a title /truck given to their kid say something like “that can’t be done, he’s under 18” and we just shrugged and laughed and signed the title over.

I bought and titled my first vehicle at 14.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Yeah that doesn't make sense. I've owned several vehicles that were titled in my name all throughout high school.

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    Do we have to wait until after 9 tonight?
    Well my bad, its a 25 minute drive there and back lol.

Anyway, the kid has it back. The truck was fine, the in-laws came out screaming when they saw my truck backing a trailer down the alley. Then quickly went inside when they saw the police car. Officer did his thing then talked to them while i checked it over. They were just glaring at me the ENTIRE time. Smiled and waved as i drove it away.

Im not worried about retaliation, we have a no trespassing order so they cant come here, plus they have no car so it would be a LONG walk.

Last edited:

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Well my bad, its a 25 minute drive there and back lol.

Anyway, the kid has it back. The truck was fine, the in-laws came out screaming when they saw my truck backing a trailer down the alley. Then quickly went inside when they saw the police car. Officer talked to them while i checked it over. They were just glaring at me the ENTIRE time. Smiled and waved as i drove it away.

Im not worried about retaliation, we have a no trespassing order so they cant come here, plus they have no car so it would be a LONG walk.
    If they show up at your place you can always lock them in the haunted house

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Its 100% vindictive, they’re mad at him because hes tired of their constant BS and doesnt want to live there anymore. Its a 78’ k10, scrap value is much lower than actual value. I wont pay them a dime, they get enough of my money thanks to the government. I could threaten them but it would go in one ear get infused with the dope, and come out the other as something totally different. The plan is to just take it, i believe i have every right to get in it and drive off since the alley is public property.

Thanks, ive been down this same exact road with them before. Their youngest daughter lived with me from 16 until she got her own place. The only difference is when she moved in she didnt have anything of value or her own wheels so they couldnt do anything to hurt her.

Yes, because running in gun-ho when i dont know for sure if im legally in the right is the answer.

Wait.. could the BIL and I report it stolen if his parents and the local PD wont let him take it? The local PD told the BIL its a civil matter as well but i own half the dang thing.
    How is ownership spelled out on the title? Does it state first name then or? Or first name then and?

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    Im not sure, he was 16 when he bought it and the BMV wouldnt let him title it or give him plates on his own.

Top Bottom