• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    cmr13: I know that store! Not due to shoe size, but they have a lot of stuff there. Kind of a unique looking place... Thought the place was some sort of entertainment venue the first time I saw it.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    After a month off (due to procedures, recovery, and antibiotics), today was the 1 st day back wondering into the gym. Man! Lost a lot of strength and endurance! Also time to kick the probiotics in!

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I started high intensity interval sprints today to mix in some cardio.

20-30 seconds of all out sprinting, followed by 90 seconds of walking. I managed 5 intervals without too much trouble.

Mix in a warm-up and a cool down and I got through a very intense cardio session in under 20 minutes.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I started high intensity interval sprints today to mix in some cardio.

20-30 seconds of all out sprinting, followed by 90 seconds of walking. I managed 5 intervals without too much trouble.

Mix in a warm-up and a cool down and I got through a very intense cardio session in under 20 minutes.

Our local high school has a rubberized track that I've really wanted to get on and do some sprints, but they had to lock the place up due to vandals. I've been running a nice steep hill right by the house here, though, walk down, run back up, it's about 120 yards from bottom to top, so it's a great workout, but man, I really wanna run on that rubber track again!

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Well, I am down nearly 8#'s since early this month. I've been tracking my exercise on a couple of diferent apps and have one, Misfit, linked to the MFP (My Fitness Pal) app. Tracking my food consumption on MFP every day for nearly 20 days now. Pretty much on track for what I wanted to achieve (~20# loss by late Maay wheen my daughter graduates from USNA and is commissioned into the USMC).

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Gained a lot of weight recently due to not exercising and bad eating. Got to my highest weigh ever. :( But I'm back on the wagon now.

Walked at work for 20 minutes and then biked when I got home for 40 minutes. Went 5.8 miles biking, about 1/5 of it is uphill.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Well. I'm using the myfitnesspal app, and I'm intaking the calories for my ideal body weight. I've cut the 4x44oz Mt. Dews that I was drinking a day and have gone to two lo-carb monsters a day + my mutlivitamins. Thus far, I've lost 7.3 lbs in 4 days.

I'm doing this because weight the most I have ever weighed, and at a weight I told myself I would NEVER attain. I had been sick since the beginning of January and on two prednisone titer packs. I gained 40lbs in three months. Time to get out of fat ass mode. I nearly hit 300 lbs for anyone wondering. I don't look it, but I'm not healthy. It sucks.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Well. I'm using the myfitnesspal app, and I'm intaking the calories for my ideal body weight. I've cut the 4x44oz Mt. Dews that I was drinking a day and have gone to two lo-carb monsters a day + my mutlivitamins. Thus far, I've lost 7.3 lbs in 4 days.

I'm doing this because weight the most I have ever weighed, and at a weight I told myself I would NEVER attain. I had been sick since the beginning of January and on two prednisone titer packs. I gained 40lbs in three months. Time to get out of fat ass mode. I nearly hit 300 lbs for anyone wondering. I don't look it, but I'm not healthy. It sucks.

Good on you for a start! Don't be surprised if you lose a bunch of weight the first week or two and then have the loss start to taper off. That happens and is pretty common. Stick with it and aim for losing 1-2 #/week. I truly think the best way to lose is to track what you eat rigorously and start with some moderate exercise. I really don't think most of us can exercise enough and burn enough calories to offset what we are easily able to eat and drink! Cutting out the sodas is a good first step.

YOu won't likely lose 40#'s in 3 months, but if you stick with it for a month or three, I'm sure you will start to feel better!

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Good on you for a start! Don't be surprised if you lose a bunch of weight the first week or two and then have the loss start to taper off. That happens and is pretty common. Stick with it and aim for losing 1-2 #/week. I truly think the best way to lose is to track what you eat rigorously and start with some moderate exercise. I really don't think most of us can exercise enough and burn enough calories to offset what we are easily able to eat and drink! Cutting out the sodas is a good first step.

YOu won't likely lose 40#'s in 3 months, but if you stick with it for a month or three, I'm sure you will start to feel better!
    Yeah. I've been weighing myself in my work clothes. Weighed myself today and it was 183lbs. Hard to believe I'm wearing 10+lbs of stuff. Definitely trying to hit my caloric loss plateau before starting any exercise. I'm still strong as an ox, just need to work on some cardio :)

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    We did a shade over 11 miles on the trails at Clifty Falls today, we moved at a good pace the entire time, aside from a few snack and water breaks. My endurance gets better with each outing, and I'm really looking forward to hitting the Clingmans Dome trail in the GSMNP in June.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I did NOT want to go to the gym and lift tonight, especially since I came home to freshly made tacos my wife had ready for me.

But after restraining myself and only eating two, I manned up and went anyway.

It took a little while to get into the groove since I had a belly full of spicy meat, but I powered through and increased my weight for all exercises compared to last week. Week 4 is officially underway.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Wicked one tonight that INGO may want to emulate. I am proud that I did not zook on this one.

8 by 8, 30 seconds each, 8 exercises, 8 times around:

Crawl out
    Ball Burpee (burpee with medicine ball)
    Pylo push up (on medicine ball)
    Ball Burpee
    Contra lat push up
    Ball Burpee
    Push Pulls (pull weight up while in push up, I use dumbbells, other guys use kettle weights)
    Ball Burpee

Top Bottom