• ...and so much more!
  • Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Well I’ve lost 44 lbs since January. So that happened. Sad that I had that much to lose. Did a couple rounds of P90x, but it was mostly diet.

Great job!

Cool and drizzle tonight so I rode the recumbent bike instead of jogging. Nowhere near as fun. Nowhere near as good a workout

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Did very well this weekend. Only 2 beers. One on Friday and one on Saturday. Need to chill on the beer, these microbrews are like eating a loaf of bread.

Sunday:

AM: martial arts, punches, mook drills, swords and hand forms.

PM: 3 exercise circuit for 45 minutes, battle ropes, bicep curls, and burpee pull ups.

Monday:

PM: martial arts, punches, mook, 2 man drills, finished with chi sao.

Tuesday:

Frickin' night court. I loathe night courts but I only time I can get in Prohibition Court.

I MAY get to drill in my basement, I have a mook and heavy bag. Maybe some footwork and sword drills too. I just hate doing Wing Chun alone. I like being at the club and being inspired by the younger guys.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Did very well this weekend. Only 2 beers. One on Friday and one on Saturday. Need to chill on the beer, these microbrews are like eating a loaf of bread.

Sunday:

AM: martial arts, punches, mook drills, swords and hand forms.

PM: 3 exercise circuit for 45 minutes, battle ropes, bicep curls, and burpee pull ups.

Monday:

PM: martial arts, punches, mook, 2 man drills, finished with chi sao.

Tuesday:

Frickin' night court. I loathe night courts but I only time I can get in Prohibition Court.

I MAY get to drill in my basement, I have a mook and heavy bag. Maybe some footwork and sword drills too. I just hate doing Wing Chun alone. I like being at the club and being inspired by the younger guys.

I had to look up "mook", I knew what it was but never heard it call that.
    We call it "wooden man" over here.

I use a Bob mannequin which is kinda the opposite since it has no arms and you can't practice arm blocks.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I had to look up "mook", I knew what it was but never heard it call that.
    We call it "wooden man" over here.

I use a Bob mannequin which is kinda the opposite since it has no arms and you can't practice arm blocks.

Mook/wooden man, at the club we say both. The teacher uses wooden man. I usually say mook. Stylistic.

Wall and heavy bags. Never used a Bob, except for shooting.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Dropped In to CrossFit Fisticuffs for first time while traveling for work. Pull Ups, Strict OH Press, Tricep Extensions, Reverse Rows, & shoulder stretches @ end.

Tonight is AMRAP of TTB, Side Planks, DU, & Calorie Rows = Cardio Hell

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Mook/wooden man, at the club we say both. The teacher uses wooden man. I usually say mook. Stylistic.

Wall and heavy bags. Never used a Bob, except for shooting.

I saw 3D targets that look a lot like the Bob for shooting, but way cheaper than an actual Bob.

My local range won't allow paper targets that look like people, so they would probably freak out and call the cops if I started shooting at a human-like 3D mannequin.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Thursday:

PM: martial arts, mook drills, push ups, punches, forearm workout.

Friday is me in my basement instead of a bar stool (my basement has no microbreweries). I should run if it is nice or jump rope on the back patio.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Friday:

Basement workout. Shifting drills and swords.

Saturday:

AM: martial arts at the club dowtown and then rest of the day was a work day at Stately Freeman Manor

Sunday:

AM: nice long moderately-paced basement workout, mook drills, did empty hand forms, footwork drills, swords and punching

PM: 3 exercise circuit, 1 minute each, 40 minutes total--heavy rope, bicep curls, Abby (submarine bag filled with sand, toss over head, do burpee and repeat)

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Front squat 5X3 today.
    165-185-205-185-165
    i did a 240 single rep PR in the middle of that

came back later this evening and did the Karen workout. 150 9' wall ball shots at 20#. Took me 9:42. Now my thighs are about to cramp

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I'm doing a strength cycle and am supposed to do 5X3 back squat tonight. However I am out of town and haven't had luck finding a place to do it. I refuse to pay $20 at Gold's just to do some squats. I'll pay $20 for a coached workout while traveling but I guess I'm too cheap to pony up that much to go off in a corner and knock out some squats.

I even asked at the local CrossFit box and they were just doing classes. So I am going to go to dinner and have a beer!

Jordan_J

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    Muncie
    I'm about to start the 5/3/1 program but I was torn between it and a 5x5 for a while.

I used to be much stronger than I am now but things happen and you quit lifting for whatever reason. I wonder sometimes if the 5/3/1 may be a little slow for my returning gains but I'm getting older and don't want to hurt myself either. The 5/3/1 actually really matches up closely with a couple of old programs that used to work really well for me too.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Monday: martial arts. got to work with one of the new guys

Tuesday: yoga, good to do, we did that restoration thing where you put the brick under your spine. It really helps with the back.

Wednesday: martial arts, it was just me and sifu, we did interval training--punches, mook, long pole, swords in a circuit.

Today: Run . . . because I am old and need to.

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    I'm about to start the 5/3/1 program but I was torn between it and a 5x5 for a while.

I used to be much stronger than I am now but things happen and you quit lifting for whatever reason. I wonder sometimes if the 5/3/1 may be a little slow for my returning gains but I'm getting older and don't want to hurt myself either. The 5/3/1 actually really matches up closely with a couple of old programs that used to work really well for me too.

I have been doing 5x5 for about 4 months now. At some point, I will have to switch to something different but have continued to make progress with 5x5.

Top Bottom