Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    Sometimes rebellion is right.

Is legalizing MJ a reason to rebel?

There are much more important reasons one should consider before suggesting a rebellion just to get a buzz on.

If MJ is a "must rebel", it worries me where individual priorities may be. I would also be worried about those rebels when they get their buzz on. Obsessiveness can be a psychological concern. I feel discussing it is fair game but breaking a law (which is a form of rebellion), that has been encouraged and noted by some, can be characterized as O.C. It's a fine line......one needs to be careful how they walk it.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis

There are much more important reasons one should consider before suggesting a rebellion just to get a buzz on.

If MJ is a "must rebel", it worries me where individual priorities may be. I would also be worried about those rebels when they get their buzz on. Obsessiveness can be a psychological concern. I feel discussing it is fair game but breaking a law (which is a form of rebellion), that has been encouraged and noted by some, can be characterized as O.C. It's a fine line......one needs to be careful how they walk it.

You've been pushing to get just this response out of anyone, now you're suddenly concerned with people incriminating themselves?

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County

he truth doesn't matter to everyone but it does to me. MJ didn't cause the issue, I have no clue if it helped or hurt but it wasn't the cause.

Yeah, I get that. A truly objective look at things can be difficult at times, particularly when it challenges things we've been told for decades.

I do not feel Bug was suggesting anything was "caused" by MJ, but neither one of us can determine what did. To blatantly claim MJ did not cause the issue is an irresponsible answer. Then to again claim (rightful so) that you do not know if it helped or not; you are certain it was not the cause.

Can you please post the true data about this case that substantiates your claim or is it just an opinion of yours?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Can you please post the true data about this case that substantiates your claim or is it just an opinion of yours?

I base my opinions on thousands of interactions I've had with people who use MJ as well as working in and around various types of narcotics. I'd call it a pretty well educated opinion on the topic. How about you? Care to share any stories of someone on their way to a full ride scholarship to Yale who got a "contact high" and ended up living in a van down by the river for the remainder of their life? Personal knowledge please, belief in propoganda is why this discussion has gone on this long, no need to add to the BS.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    I base my opinions on thousands of interactions I've had with people who use MJ as well as working in and around various types of narcotics. I'd call it a pretty well educated opinion on the topic.

Is your opinion the true data we can rely on in the mentioned post? Is it true data or as you stated "opinion". BTW, we all have opinions based on many variables, including experiences. In this particular posted situation, is your claim true data or opinion?

Which brings me back to my question; Does it matter? Does it matter which came first? SE Asia or MJ? SE Asia screwed with allot of peoples minds, I'll agree. I'll also agree that many "users" used before going to SE Asia. I will also agree that many started MJ while in SE Asia. I will also agree that the homecoming our society gave the vets had a VERY bad impact on vets that just may have been ok but because of the poor welcome home, many resorted to drugs (including alcohol).

So please tell me about the posted situation and AGAIN answer; WHY DOES IT MATTER? And if you have facts that is started in SE Asia, show the facts.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

Who cares what worries you? I dont.
    I dont wake up and decide hownI am going to live my life based on what Ziggidy or anyone else thinks.
    I dont know what kind of rebellion you were meaning but I was talking about rebellion in the form of disobeying laws when the laws are unjust. We have the right to disobey laws while fully knowing what the consequences for those actions will be if caught. Sometimes the reward outweighs the risk so people break laws. Each individual has to decide that.
    For me, marijuana isn't an issue im willing to go to jail over or lose my freedoms over. Ive been very clear about that anytime this issue is discussed. Now, if i lost my legal means to remedy my pain then you can bett your ass that I will use WHATEVER means necessary to be in less pain and have a quality of life. I wouldn't give a flying **** what the gubment says.

Gun rights, well thats a different story and we all have our line in the sand on that issue. Yours may be different than mine. But yes there is a point where I am willing to break potential laws regarding gun right and keeping my firearms.

You seem to think that anyone who smokes weed is a bad person. I have known some pretty successful individuals over my short life who smoke pot. A couple of those were in government. Like elected.
    Im sure without random drug testing that number would be much higher.
    Pot is not a gateway drug anymore than cigarettes and alcohol are.
    People who claim weed is bad are frankly imo uneducated and gullible on the issue.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Can you support that absurd statement? I guess it's the trend today, making up lies and passing hem off as "seemingly truths".

Pretty pathetic. People will often accuse others for what they themselves are guilty of.
    Oh thats just what im gathering from your posts. Im not the one that has to explain anything. I think people who smoke pot are just regular people. There are reckless ways to partake in anything and in those cases yeah you could judge someone

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Part of the problem with asking for data is because it's been illegal to study for decades and there isn't much to work with .

That in of itself should be your first clue that there's been guberment shenanigans and should have you asking why ?

That leaves anecdotal evidence/ data which isn't " empirical evidence " so it's automatically discounted as BS , which is sad .

We all know the stereotypical basement dwelling stoner, that guy/gal is easily found . Then there's the quiet bunch who can't speak out because people with guns will come and wreck their lives.

If it were legal people would see that it's not the devil drug that's ruining people's lives leading to stronger, actual dangerous drugs.

Approximately every 19 minutes someone dies from an opioid related death, approximately every 48 minutes someone dies an alcohol related death.

NOBODY , not one freakin person has died from only using MJ . At this point the Popeye's chicken sandwich has been more deadly than MJ . ****ing unicorns have hurt more people than MJ .

Our fat bastard governor Eric ****head Holcomb smoked MJ in college and look what it led him to!

The most dangerous thing about it is getting caught with it .

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

As the Overton Window progresses, it kinda doesn’t matter how important you think is the issue. People start disregarding the law, people charged with enforcing a law they really don’t believe in stop enforcing it strictly. The law just falls out of style. Ever see those lists of silly laws on the books from a different time when those laws were relevant?

Rule of law is important, but the other half of that is keeping laws in line with the will of the people.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Part of the problem with asking for data is because it's been illegal to study for decades and there isn't much to work with .

That in of itself should be your first clue that there's been guberment shenanigans and should have you asking why ?

That leaves anecdotal evidence/ data which isn't " empirical evidence " so it's automatically discounted as BS , which is sad .

We all know the stereotypical basement dwelling stoner, that guy/gal is easily found . Then there's the quiet bunch who can't speak out because people with guns will come and wreck their lives.

If it were legal people would see that it's not the devil drug that's ruining people's lives leading to stronger, actual dangerous drugs.

Approximately every 19 minutes someone dies from an opioid related death, approximately every 48 minutes someone dies an alcohol related death.

NOBODY , not one freakin person has died from only using MJ . At this point the Popeye's chicken sandwich has been more deadly than MJ . ****ing unicorns have hurt more people than MJ .

Our fat bastard governor Eric ****head Holcomb smoked MJ in college and look what it led him to!

The most dangerous thing about it is getting caught with it .

I have always thought it was funny that heroine (sp?) was ok to take because it medicine, but pot is the devil's weed. Booze is ok to advertise and sell EVERYWHERE, but don't even think of lighting up a joint.

Sometimes I feel like that guy from the Matrix who just wants to plug back in, have his memory wiped, and be blissfully ignorant of reality.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom