Indiana tax review task force begins work, with goal for some to eliminate income tax

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I would personally prefer a drop in property taxes, the additional 1% on top of the bat**** prices really hurts. Indiana is not a low tax state at all, there is no way most of our tax dollars are used efficiently at all.
    Indiana is a comparatively low tax state to other states. Wise voter says Indiana averages about 35th out of 50 states. Add to that, Cato institute routinely ranks us in the top five on their freedom index and we really have it better than most states…

Reactions: oze

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Indiana is a comparatively low tax state to other states. Wise voter says Indiana averages about 35th out of 50 states. Add to that, Cato institute routinely ranks us in the top five on their freedom index and we really have it better than most states…

After living in The People's Republic of ILL for over 20 years, I chuckle when I hear/read people complaining about Indiana's tax burden. Lower taxes were the major reason that we moved back here. When we left ILL in 2012, our property tax bill alone was over $8000. I can't imagine what the poor suckers who bought our house would be paying now.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    After living in The People's Republic of ILL for over 20 years, I chuckle when I hear/read people complaining about Indiana's tax burden. Lower taxes were the major reason that we moved back here. When we left ILL in 2012, our property tax bill alone was over $8000. I can't imagine what the poor suckers who bought our house would be paying now.

We came from Ill also and I am loving the taxes we now pay here. Jim.

Reactions: oze

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    When I moved here I had a 10 year old car. The one tax that made me poop my pants was when I bought my first new car here then went to get it registered.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    When I first met my wife her sister and her husband lived in the outer burbs west of Chicago. I remember being in complete shock when I found out how much their property taxes were. I couldn't understand how people could afford to own a home under those conditions.

As time went on and I spent more time around my BIL and his family it became clear. The same job up there paid substantially more than it did around here. It's all relative and what you're used to. I'm far less irritated or upset by the taxes I pay locally and to the state than I am with what the feds take and what they choose to do with it.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Until I retire I want no income tax...raise the sales tax if you HAVE to tax. When I retire, I want no sales tax...raise the income tax if you HAVE to tax
    iu

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Suze sent me a txt. Apparently we are on a first name basis? :runaway:

20230828_173152.jpg
    Hey there, it's Republican candidate for Governor, Lt. Governor Suzanne Crouch!

Burl, I wanted to be the first person to let you know that I just unveiled my plan to 100% ELIMINATE Indiana's individual income tax.

Biden and radical Democrats in DC are making life harder for Hoosiers.

They're raising taxes, raising inflation, and breaking the backs of Hoosier families.

Hoosiers have never been under a greater attack by the "elites" in DC, and I'm tired of weak politicians who won't stand up for the working men & women across our great state.

That's why if you elect me Governor, I will lead the fight to completely eliminate our individual income tax.

Axing the individual income tax will put more money back in your pocket, and allow Indiana to prosper in ways we've never seen before.

Come Election Day, I would be honored to have your support.

You can read more about my plan in the link below.

Have a great day & God Bless,

Suzanne Crouch

Last edited:

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    My goal is not to have lower taxes than a neighboring state. My goal is to pay as little as I can convince the state to charge, even if that is grossly less than the rest of the country.

I looked at contract negotiations the same way. Not looking to be as good as everyone else in my profession, I want as much as I can convince my employer to part with. Don’t care if that is way beyond the national average.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Suze sent me a txt. Apparently we are on a first name basis? :runaway:

View attachment 295841
    Hey there, it's Republican candidate for Governor, Lt. Governor Suzanne Crouch!

Burl, I wanted to be the first person to let you know that I just unveiled my plan to 100% ELIMINATE Indiana's individual income tax.

Biden and radical Democrats in DC are making life harder for Hoosiers.

They're raising taxes, raising inflation, and breaking the backs of Hoosier families.

Hoosiers have never been under a greater attack by the "elites" in DC, and I'm tired of weak politicians who won't stand up for the working men & women across our great state.

That's why if you elect me Governor, I will lead the fight to completely eliminate our individual income tax.

Axing the individual income tax will put more money back in your pocket, and allow Indiana to prosper in ways we've never seen before.

Come Election Day, I would be honored to have your support.

You can read more about my plan in the link below.

Have a great day & God Bless,

Suzanne Crouch
    Will they do it without increasing the property tax paid by citizens?

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Cutting taxes without cutting spending is only an exercise in figuring out with whom they’ll stick the check.

That bike path from New Albany to Indy isn’t going to build itself.
    I prefer that taxes are doubled for those receiving dollars from state taxes to begin with. If you are on a state take care of me plan, double what they pay in taxes. If you are receiving a tax break for adding on to your factory, increase the tax rate for those employed there.

Amazon getting a break for building a warehouse does nothing for me. I shouldn’t shoulder the burden. I think the state should put 10 ideas they are looking to fund with taxes each election and let the voters pick the top 5. The rest get no funding.

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    Well after the lockdown, the commie liberal mayor of Nashville TN decided to raise our property taxes 23% since he also killed the tourist industry with his authoritarian lockdown. He had no revenue to hire his sensitivity officers to police the police. And this was also after he cut the metro police budget for the sake of defunding the police. TN doesn't have an income tax but a much higher sales tax and everything is taxed. I do miss that fact but the cost of living here vs there. This is why I came home!!! From a personal experience it is much farer tax because the richer people buy more so they pay more taxes.

racegunz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 6, 2015
    Indiana
    Well after the lockdown, the commie liberal mayor of Nashville TN decided to raise our property taxes 23% since he also killed the tourist industry with his authoritarian lockdown. He had no revenue to hire his sensitivity officers to police the police. And this was also after he cut the metro police budget for the sake of defunding the police. TN doesn't have an income tax but a much higher sales tax and everything is taxed. I do miss that fact but the cost of living here vs there. This is why I came home!!! From a personal experience it is much farer tax because the richer people buy more so they pay more taxes.

Well it doesn't stop with TN or ILL wait your turn it's coming, my property taxes went up ...............wait for it............. 78% in the last two years and I live in a small county not touching marion co. Of course the county says they can't do anything the State runs it and the State says the County assessor and team are the reason. My 165,000 home I built in 2018 is now worth almost 400k isn't that sweet. Yep the rinos masquerading as conservatives will be coming your way soon.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Well it doesn't stop with TN or ILL wait your turn it's coming, my property taxes went up ...............wait for it............. 78% in the last two years and I live in a small county not touching marion co. Of course the county says they can't do anything the State runs it and the State says the County assessor and team are the reason. My 165,000 home I built in 2018 is now worth almost 400k isn't that sweet. Yep the rinos masquerading as conservatives will be coming your way soon.
    Not hard to appeal if you are right…

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Republica mayors love to build new buildings they can name after themselves and that ain’t cheap.

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    Oh I know it's coming. The point of my post was that even though I do miss the no state income tax, I'm still paying over all less here in IN. I've been an independent most of my life. I have no miss consumptions that republicans are the answer to all our problems. They simply screw "We The People" at a much slower rate than the Dems.

Top Bottom