Indiana tax review task force begins work, with goal for some to eliminate income tax

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Was listening to radio and a econonimist was saying we couldn't eliminate the income without raising a different tax. We definitely could if we actually cut the govt spending and reduce all the bull crap.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Was listening to radio and a econonimist was saying we couldn't eliminate the income without raising a different tax. We definitely could if we actually cut the govt spending and reduce all the bull crap.
    This should be common sense. We're in a time now where we are arguing over who to stick the check with rather than doing the work to bring the size of the check down.

racegunz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 6, 2015
    Indiana
    Not hard to appeal if you are right…
    I did appeal last year, it’s a scam the board in our County is appointed by the assessor! I did get about 20% back on that 58% increase as the only male and Republican board member did not agree a one Bedroom 1500 sq ft log cabin was worth 358,000. They just waited a year and hit me again…… have you actually appealed yours or no?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I did appeal last year, it’s a scam the board in our County is appointed by the assessor! I did get about 20% back on that 58% increase as the only male and Republican board member did not agree a one Bedroom 1500 sq ft log cabin was worth 358,000. They just waited a year and hit me again…… have you actually appealed yours or no?
    Yes, I appealed and won. Did you have comps that show your assessed value is higher than recent sales? Do you have acreage?

racegunz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 6, 2015
    Indiana
    I’ll say this it was a learning experience, they were ready for me and I only thought I was ready. They had no comparable properties to judge and the assessor and Co lawyer made it sound like I was hiding something because I have gated property. I think you and I have butted heads in this subject before so that’s all I have to say. Glad you won.

Top Bottom