• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    Hell, I plan on voting for Horning, but I found nothing wrong with Murdock's statement. All this stupid abortion issue is, is something to herd the sheep away from real issues. Same with Gay marriage.

If we can't demand the moronic debate commitees ask relevant questions that are important to life, ie out of control spending, fedzilla, and our rapid deteriorating civil rights, then we need to STFU. No we bend over and take it from a bunch of pansies that would rather talk about hot button topics instead.

Nothing to see here, move along!!!

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    For anyone who thinks that Mourdock didn't lose any votes because of this...he lost mine, the latest in a long line of Republicans to do so.
    Since I'm no fan of Donnelly either, so I guess it's finally time to give the LP a try.

-Paul

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    He does if enough people get of their asses and stop wasting their votes.

Show me some libertarians that can get something done at the town and county level. Once you can accomplish that then I might believe they are worth voting for ar the national and state level.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Are you willing to deny an adolescent rape victim being treated in an ER for her attack an abortifacient? These are the scenarios with which I struggle against the absolutist viewpoint.

Is the adolescents life in peril?

Paul

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Brownsburg
    Do most people pay enough attention to even know what he said? Most voters will go in and vote straight Dem or Rep. This probably won't hurt him much in Indiana.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Hell, I plan on voting for Horning, but I found nothing wrong with Murdock's statement. All this stupid abortion issue is, is something to herd the sheep away from real issues. Same with Gay marriage.

If we can't demand the moronic debate commitees ask relevant questions that are important to life, ie out of control spending, fedzilla, and our rapid deteriorating civil rights, then we need to STFU. No we bend over and take it from a bunch of pansies that would rather talk about hot button topics instead.

I too thought Horning put on a good showing. Has he ever held elected office or ran at a county or state level?

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    In a cornfield

I think the biggest bit of interesting info out of this is the leadership & integrity displayed by the reactions of Romney and Pence.

Solitaire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Indy
    That is because children born of rape or incest are evil and must be destroyed.

I don't believe that any child born should be destroyed for any reason. However, I also don't believe that a woman should be forced to incubate a group of cells that has not developed into a viable human being to the point that it becomes a viable human being, the child of her rapist.

The woman should have the final say in whether she considers her pregnancy a gift from the supernatural or an agonizing burden too great to bear, up until the fetus becomes a viable human and can survive without the mother.

Regarding Mourdock, Thomas Paine said it best. "Belief in a cruel god makes a cruel man."

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Is the adolescents life in peril?

No. Her wounds have been treated. She is residing in a recovery suite, her parents hovering nervously around her bed. Next to her, on the tray is a cup which contains a pill. A pill that will alleviate the worry of a rape pregnancy, the subsequent mental issues, as well as financial.

Make an argument justifying your authority to dictate that the will of the parents and their 13 year old child is overridden by your decision of adopting a complete abolition of abortion.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011

I can only assume you arrive at this through deeply held religious beliefs. I respect that a great deal. But to not respect the desire are a woman to terminate a pregnancy, when she has been the victim of a violent assault, and does not adhere to your strict moral or religious code, is cruel.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I can only assume you arrive at this through deeply held religious beliefs. I respect that a great deal. But to not respect the desire are a woman to terminate a pregnancy, when she has been the victim of a violent assault, and does not adhere to your strict moral or religious code, is cruel.

There is no need to respect that belief, particularly a great deal. Just because you hold an opinion does not mean it demands respect. Not all ideas are equal. I have no respect for barbarous dogma and the related mythology.

Top Bottom