• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Karma... these idiots are gonna get slapped in the face with it one day.

I hope.

Wish ill will on someone that hasn't done you harm, nor anybody else, because you don't agree with their form of protest. I can only assume you arent a Christian.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    why not just go out actually helping someone?
    QFT!

May not be professional, but I like to watch BEACH VOLLEYBALL .....

I prefer womens curling myself. Lots of spandex and they tend to be hot AND curvy. :drool: I vote to ban thermal Vests in women's curling. They should wear the same suits as the luge and skeleton competitors wear. :naughty:

We should all go visit indiucky's shop. BBI too! :)

OKAY! :rockwoot:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Wish ill will on someone that hasn't done you harm, nor anybody else, because you don't agree with their form of protest. I can only assume you arent a Christian.

But is it ill will to wish harm on someone who has harmed someone else though? Should I not harbor ill will against foreign fighters who are firing upon our soldiers? What about equivalent ill will against the protesters that were dropping concrete blocks on cops' heads or the protesters who were trying to throw an unconscious journalist into a fire? I have no dog in those fights, so I should refrain from feelings of ill will against them?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    But is it ill will to wish harm on someone who has harmed someone else though? Should I not harbor ill will against foreign fighters who are firing upon our soldiers? What about equivalent ill will against the protesters that were dropping concrete blocks on cops' heads or the protesters who were trying to throw an unconscious journalist into a fire? I have no dog in those fights, so I should refrain from feelings of ill will against them?

Yes, it's ill will. You can ask the lord for justice for their crimes, whatever that may be....but what type of justice would you seek for someone that hasn't trespassed against you, or any other? Karma is a trait Buddhism, and my God doesn't recognize it. One's success or failure in life, has no bearing in their good works, until after death.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I agree. They should appreciate the chance they've been given and not taint it with ignorant things like this. They just don't have the clout to do it.

Another believer in Karma. I had no idea there were so many believers Buddhist of ideology on INGO.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Got it. I must wish for God to smite them instead of wishing them ill will. Because anyone but God doing the smiting is wrong. But my God can have mortal surrogates, right? :):

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Got it. I must wish for God to smite them instead of wishing them ill will. Because anyone but God doing the smiting is wrong. But my God can have mortal surrogates, right? :):

Hey, I'm not knocking whatever ideology you choose to believe. I'm just pointing out what it isn't.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I have no idea how many innocents are killed, and obviously it happens; but in opinion, it's probably very small. Nevertheless, black DO protest such violence all-the-dang-time. BLM protests, don't even compare in terms of how many instances.

If that's so, then I think it would be a good thing to see those protests covered in the media, but unless I've missed it, I've seen no such protests in the news, other than the occasional 10 point coalition prayer vigils. Not that there is anything wrong with prayer vigils mind you, but those are usually after the fact.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Strange that many do not believe in Karma. At least in some sense.

I am not a Buddhist by any measure but the concept of the good you do versus the bad is not alien to me.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Strange that many do not believe in Karma. At least in some sense.

I am not a Buddhist by any measure but the concept of the good you do versus the bad is not alien to me.

The term Karma is misused a lot. It's more properly defined as our actions in this life affecting our next life. It's been co-opted to mean doing good or bad today will affect our lives tomorrow (or at least at some point in the future in this life). I blame John Lennon. ;)

r3126

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    Indy westside
    Agreed. But in light of that particular subject, which can certainly stir strong feelings, I think it's best to let that exchange end. R3126, please don't that my post as in any way diminishing your service and sacrifices. It IS appreciated, by me more than you can ever know.

Thanks for the post. No sweat! While I often disagree with SOME of your posts, I always enjoy your perspective.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The term Karma is misused a lot. It's more properly defined as our actions in this life affecting our next life. It's been co-opted to mean doing good or bad today will affect our lives tomorrow (or at least at some point in the future in this life). I blame John Lennon. ;)

I would say that in some measure it does apply to life in general.
    Not in the immediate but over the course of.

I guess this is a topic for another thread.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Completely. All having studied the subject all there's no such thing as "good" Karma. It's all bad. The only way to reach Nirvana, is to shed it all.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Here's the difference in both. When whites and black are killed by other Americans, typically its over some type of random nonsense, related to (and this important) the individual. Now, when it's an attack by an Islamic terrorist (or any terrorist), it's an attack on the collective, literally the "we," not the "you." A person sees themselves as possibly being a victim of violence, not because they cheated with someone's wife, sold drugs, stole money; but simply because of who they identify with. That's why people are more concerned with the relatively small number of deaths, there's nothing you can do to not be a target. Of course, this completely subject to perception.

IMO, that is partially correct in that the difference is that terrorists are attacking the collective. The other parts are that terrorist attacks purposely designed to create fear and potentially orders or magnitude more devastating in terms of lives lost. That is where the similarities you seem to be suggesting start to break down. While it may be the perception of some that there is nothing they can do to avoid a police shooting, the simple truth is that police shootings only happen after someone has overtly courted interaction with police in the first place. This is where the similarity collapses completely, terrorist attacks are intended to appear to be random, officer involved shootings are perceived to be specifically targeted at certain groups.

Top Bottom