• ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    For the record, check this out...

WNBA Salaries 2016, Average WNBA Salary, Player Salaries, WNBA Team Salary Cap

How many of us make more than the average WNBA player? The DB from SF is making bank, but these women are making less as an organization each season than Kaepernick does.

What I'm seeing here, is a whole bunch of panties in a bunch over a group of women expressing themselves. We need to recognize that one of the foundations of this country is being able to do just what they're doing. We don't have to like it, but we do have to allow it. The Fever, Westboro Baptist Church, anyone in a "Hillary for Prison" shirt, all covered. If we lose sight of that, get angry, and start protesting their protest, are we any better than Moms in Need of Action, who go completely bat**** crazy at the mention of someone owning a gun?

Here we are on a forum where all of us have at least 1 thing in common, the 2nd Amendment. We can rail on for hours about the need to respect that Amendment, but shouldn't we be doing the same for ALL Amendments? How many people on here have said something to the effect of "I don't agree with your opinion, but I'll defend to the death your ability to express it"? And now we lose our **** because a bunch of women making middle class money express their opinions?

WTH, people? I really expected more.

(off topic and off the soap box, but when Firefox tries to do grammar and spelling check on Kaepernick, the only option it gives is Pumpernickel, so that's what I'm gonna call him from now on)

I'm all for freedom.

They are exercising their freedom idiotically.

It is my freedom to hold that opinion and express it.

No one that I am aware of asked for a law to be made to stop them.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Just because I am white don't mean I have not seen it. You can make a case for every "group". One thing about it...our borders work both directions. If USA sucks so much.....we are all free to go find better.

Like Syrian refugees, leaving Syria, and wanting to come here?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Just because I am white don't mean I have not seen it. You can make a case for every "group". One thing about it...our borders work both directions. If USA sucks so much.....we are all free to go find better.

I'm speaking generally, or any person. But you do have my curiosity. What have you seen?

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I'm all for freedom.

They are exercising their freedom idiotically.

It is my freedom to hold that opinion and express it.

No one that I am aware of asked for a law to be made to stop them.

As I am FREE to CHOOSE, where I spend my money .....

I will NOT watch the 49ers, and I will NOT buy a Fever ticket .....

JMHO ..... YMMV .....

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Like Syrian refugees, leaving Syria, and wanting to come here?

Everyone wants to come here...free room and board, just ask the 40 million who survive on it.

I'm speaking generally, or any person. But you do have my curiosity. What have you seen?

About 30 years ago a buddy ran from some county cops when they served him a warrant. One cop in particular told him that day if he ever ran from him again it would be his last time. Well next time they served him a warrant, he ran...and true to his word, the cop shot him and said he thought he was armed. There was no protests, riots or disrespect for our country because we all thought he probably deserved it. Now I know that don't compare to what people see in the city....but I promise I will stay in a Holiday Inn Express some day.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    I think I could have more empathy with these actions if the participants would identify SPECIFIC ACTIONS. As it is, it is merely a gnashing of teeth over "our side is being mistreated and we're po'd !" There seems to be a concensus by minority factions experiencing immediate butt hurt over any police action shooting. Couple that with the media complicity to garner viewer share and the result, at least for me, is an immediate dismissal of the "protest" unless actual facts are presented.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    I was at their Sunday afternoon game, I guess getting a free Lexus from a white man(the Simon's) is what the social unjustice they are complaining about,

https://www.wthr.com/article/catchi...ing-new-lexus-to-work-as-fever-begin-playoffs

Tamika-Catchings-Lexus.jpg

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Keep using the big words. These idiots are getting somewhere.

If you have something of merit to say, say it. Don't illustrate your bias by pointing out a black woman who's part of the Fever accepting a retirement gift from a "white man," and try to insinuate it's hypocrisy.

Top Bottom