• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    So was Kaepernick and look at him now. He is getting more and more gullible "America hating" followers every day.

Hahaha...and he's not played one minute of football yet this season and it's likely his "career" is over...think he'll be kneeling and showing his ass when he's back at the car wash shining wheels? What a loser.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    For the record, check this out...

WNBA Salaries 2016, Average WNBA Salary, Player Salaries, WNBA Team Salary Cap

How many of us make more than the average WNBA player? The DB from SF is making bank, but these women are making less as an organization each season than Kaepernick does.

What I'm seeing here, is a whole bunch of panties in a bunch over a group of women expressing themselves. We need to recognize that one of the foundations of this country is being able to do just what they're doing. We don't have to like it, but we do have to allow it. The Fever, Westboro Baptist Church, anyone in a "Hillary for Prison" shirt, all covered. If we lose sight of that, get angry, and start protesting their protest, are we any better than Moms in Need of Action, who go completely bat**** crazy at the mention of someone owning a gun?

Here we are on a forum where all of us have at least 1 thing in common, the 2nd Amendment. We can rail on for hours about the need to respect that Amendment, but shouldn't we be doing the same for ALL Amendments? How many people on here have said something to the effect of "I don't agree with your opinion, but I'll defend to the death your ability to express it"? And now we lose our **** because a bunch of women making middle class money express their opinions?

WTH, people? I really expected more.

(off topic and off the soap box, but when Firefox tries to do grammar and spelling check on Kaepernick, the only option it gives is Pumpernickel, so that's what I'm gonna call him from now on)

No one said these women were financial geniuses. Come on...what professional team sport has REAL athletes worth watching that are women. Besides tennis and the LPGA <snicker>

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    No one said these women were financial geniuses. Come on...what professional team sport has REAL athletes worth watching that are women. Besides tennis and the LPGA <snicker>

Don't make it so easy to prove Clinton's point. UFC?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Speak your mind bro. But prepare to have your eyes opened.

I'm just saying that incidents of unlawful shootings by police, while tragic, and certainly worthy of avoiding at all costs, are really a tiny fraction of the number of people killed in homicides in general. There is a much larger societal issue that is killing a lot more. I might have much more respect for these protesters if they were kneeling to protest that statistic. Because to my way of thinking, that is truly protest-worthy. And I wish we were having this conversation over a beer (if I still drank :):), Kut, truly I do. The typed words (mine anyhow) don't always convey the spirit in which they're intended. I assure you I type them with no malice my friend. :)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm just saying that incidents of unlawful shootings by police, while tragic, and certainly worthy of avoiding at all costs, are really a tiny fraction of the number of people killed in homicides in general. There is a much larger societal issue that is killing a lot more. I might have much more respect for these protesters if they were kneeling to protest that statistic. Because to my way of thinking, that is truly protest-worthy. And I wish we were having this conversation over a beer (if I still drank :):), Kut, truly I do. The typed words (mine anyhow) don't always convey the spirit in which they're intended. I assure you I type them with no malice my friend. :)

Cheese burger summit.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Yours is a common compliant but here's my counterargument. White people kill each other at an appalling, certainly not as bad as blacks killing blacks, but it's still higher than it should be. And yet, I don't see protests and neverending railing about those deaths. What I do see, is the concerted effort to paint Islamic terrorism as the more dangerous, and deserving of more attention. How many have died from Islamic terrorism in the United States this year? Now how many whites have been killed by other whites this year? So why is it ok for white people to complain about, comparatively, infinitesimally small numbers of deaths at Islamic hands, while avoiding addressing the much larger loss of life?

I see no malice in your words. Youre good.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yours is a common compliant but here's my counterargument. White people kill each other at an appalling, certainly not as bad as blacks killing blacks, but it's still higher than it should be. And yet, I don't see protests and neverending railing about those deaths. What I do see, is the concerted effort to paint Islamic terrorism as the more dangerous, and deserving of more attention. How many have died from Islamic terrorism in the United States this year? Now how many whites have been killed by other whites this year? So why is it ok for white people to complain about, comparatively, infinitesimally small numbers of deaths at Islamic hands, while avoiding addressing the much larger loss of life?

I see no malice in your words. Youre good.

That's a valid argument mostly. :) I concede your point about the Islamic terrorism, at least here in the U.S.. The difference I see is in the attitudes I guess. There isn't the same defensive reaction to it I don't think. And by that I mean if a white on white murder makes the news there is outrage in the white community. Ever read the comments on one of those stories? We eat our own, for sure! :): In the other scenario, there are seemingly more that defend the guilty party at all costs. I know you've seen those as well. And I do know that it sometimes happens in the first - family members defending their criminal relatives. I get that (both sides) to some degree. Not something I would personally do, but it's a part of human nature I think.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    That's a valid argument mostly. :) I concede your point about the Islamic terrorism, at least here in the U.S.. The difference I see is in the attitudes I guess. There isn't the same defensive reaction to it I don't think. And by that I mean if a white on white murder makes the news there is outrage in the white community. Ever read the comments on one of those stories? We eat our own, for sure! :): In the other scenario, there are seemingly more that defend the guilty party at all costs. I know you've seen those as well. And I do know that it sometimes happens in the first - family members defending their criminal relatives. I get that (both sides) to some degree. Not something I would personally do, but it's a part of human nature I think.

Here's the difference in both. When whites and black are killed by other Americans, typically its over some type of random nonsense, related to (and this important) the individual. Now, when it's an attack by an Islamic terrorist (or any terrorist), it's an attack on the collective, literally the "we," not the "you." A person sees themselves as possibly being a victim of violence, not because they cheated with someone's wife, sold drugs, stole money; but simply because of who they identify with. That's why people are more concerned with the relatively small number of deaths, there's nothing you can do to not be a target. Of course, this completely subject to perception.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Here's the difference in both. When whites and black are killed by other Americans, typically its over some type of random nonsense, related to (and this important) the individual. Now, when it's an attack by an Islamic terrorist (or any terrorist), it's an attack on the collective, literally the "we," not the "you." A person sees themselves as possibly being a victim of violence, not because they cheated with someone's wife, sold drugs, stole money; but simply because of who they identify with. That's why people are more concerned with the relatively small number of deaths, there's nothing you can do to not be a target. Of course, this completely subject to perception.

As usual, you hit the nail on the head ..... AGAIN .....

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Fair assessment, concerning the anonymity that goes along with the terrorist acts. Two gang bangers, or two skinheads in a bar shooting at each other is personal. The little girl across the street getting shot in her bed by a stray bullet is anonymous. So there's that. And my train of thought just derailed. :fogey:

Edit: (I remember now!) I'm kind of alluding to the problems Chicago has but it could be any large metro area. Out of the 500+ homicides this year, how many do you suppose were personal and how many were anonymous (innocent bystanders)? You know, mass killings make the news, but there are literally mass shootings (in terms of deaths) in Chicago every single weekend. Think about that for a moment. That's protest-worthy. Communities are being terrorized every day, but it's not by the police, as I've seen it described.

Last edited:

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    but there are literally mass shootings (in terms of deaths) in Chicago every single weekend. Think about that for a moment. That's protest-worthy. Communities are being terrorized every day, but it's not by the police, as I've seen it described.

They should totally go to the hood's in Chicago protest the gang bangers, no work from today and on anyway.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Fair assessment, concerning the anonymity that goes along with the terrorist acts. Two gang bangers, or two skinheads in a bar shooting at each other is personal. The little girl across the street getting shot in her bed by a stray bullet is anonymous. So there's that. And my train of thought just derailed. :fogey:

Edit: (I remember now!) I'm kind of alluding to the problems Chicago has but it could be any large metro area. Out of the 500+ homicides this year, how many do you suppose were personal and how many were anonymous (innocent bystanders)? You know, mass killings make the news, but there are literally mass shootings (in terms of deaths) in Chicago every single weekend. Think about that for a moment. That's protest-worthy. Communities are being terrorized every day, but it's not by the police, as I've seen it described.

Man.....you guys make a lot of sense. I'll admit I have lived a pampered country life. I was taught at a young age that love and respect has nothing to do with color. We all bleed red. Treat others as I want to be treated. Respect my elders. It must suck to live in a city where that many people have shootouts every day.....granted Indy is bad enough. Chicago is a big place with a lot of people though. If I had one wish it would be that we had world peace, I know that will never happen.

Now can we sing Kumbaya?

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Man.....you guys make a lot of sense. I'll admit I have lived a pampered country life. I was taught at a young age that love and respect has nothing to do with color. We all bleed red. Treat others as I want to be treated. Respect my elders. It must suck to live in a city where that many people have shootouts every day.....granted Indy is bad enough. Chicago is a big place with a lot of people though. If I had one wish it would be that we had world peace, I know that will never happen.

Now can we sing Kumbaya?

JMHO, the "liberals" have succeeded in taking God, out of school, responsibility, out of life, and learning anything good is NO MORE .....

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

I have no idea how many innocents are killed, and obviously it happens; but in opinion, it's probably very small. Nevertheless, black DO protest such violence all-the-dang-time. BLM protests, don't even compare in terms of how many instances.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Let's go riot!!

Year to Date
    Shot & Killed: 488
    Shot & Wounded: 2666
    Total Shot: 3154
    Total Homicides: 545

chalkie-2016.png