Indiana Constitutional Carry-Summer Study thread (2017)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jacke

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Newburgh
    Not exactly "away". You were temp-banned for trolling the members here. You gloated about the bill being dead, called it "sloppy", but never answered why you said that when you were asked, as I recall.

That ice you're standing on is awfully thin. I suggest that you choose your next words with extreme caution. :mods:

Blessings,
    Bill

I called the statutory language sloppy...and still think it is. I thought I explained my position extensively. I feel like I am now being harassed because I don’t have the most popular view point on this topic. I served my account suspension. I'm not getting pulled into another debate on this topic.

[FONT=.SF UI Display]
    [/FONT]

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I called the statutory language sloppy...and still think it is. I thought I explained my position extensively. I feel like I am now being harassed because I don’t have the most popular view point on this topic. I served my account suspension. I'm not getting pulled into another debate on this topic.

[FONT=.SF UI Display]
    [/FONT]

My post was not harassing, it was a warning. It appears that you've chosen to heed it, for which I thank you. If you still feel I am harassing you, feel free to take your issue to the board owner. His screen name is texkev.

Of note, I do not mean this in sarcasm.

Blessings,
    Bill

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    So, may I ask how the language is "sloppy"?

Excellent question Mr. Freeman, sloppy how? Subject verb agreement? Paragraph structure? I went to a high school with corn fields on three sides and I was able to read and comprehend HB 1159.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Jacke, Please do not take this as a dog pile. I definitely do not mean it to be.

I just do not understand your statement and cannot find your explanation. If you would be kind enough to clarify your remark by pointing out the point or points you deem sloppy I, personally, would appreciate it.

I never did well in English myself so your help would be helpful to me.

BTW INGO does NOT ban people for not agreeing. If anything the Mods give more latitude to those who are in opposition to the general concensus.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Jacke, Please do not take this as a dog pile. I definitely do not mean it to be.

I just do not understand your statement and cannot find your explanation. If you would be kind enough to clarify your remark by pointing out the point or points you deem sloppy I, personally, would appreciate it.

I never did well in English myself so your help would be helpful to me.
    I'd like to see the explanation as well.
    BTW INGO does NOT ban people for not agreeing. If anything the Mods give more latitude to those who are in opposition to the general concensus.
    This is very true, Jacke. It was not for your opinion nor for disagreeing that you were banned, but rather for the nature and manner of your disagreement; that is, your "disagreeableness" (and if that wasn't a word before, it is now) in doing so. You were apparently gloating, in to several of us, it seemed you were trolling, trying to get members riled up enough that they would respond uncivilly. So, I made the decision and I removed you from the community on a temporary basis. Your first post on returning seemed as if you were going to continue needling for a response, so I answered it, and you seemed to adjust your response, for which I thanked you.

When I go to a restaurant, if I get bad service, the server sees it in their tip. If the service is truly horrible, they'll hear about it from their manager, after I make a complaint. That's a problem that needs addressed. By the same token,
    When I go to a restaurant and I get good service, the server sees that in their tip. If the service is a measure above (less of a measure than I require for bad), they hear about that from their manager as well, when I compliment them. Good service needs recognized and encouraged. I greatly prefer positive reinforcement to negative, but I will do both, as needed. Here, however, we've moved past reinforcement and any psychological mumbo-jumbo involved... and into a realm that one cannot take a laboratory animal: understanding. I don't mean to compare you unfavorably, nor was I experimenting on you; at a minimum, that would be unethical, not to mention rude. I dealt with situations presented as best I could, and now I'm at the point I'd like to understand where you're coming from. If something was indeed "sloppy", I know for a fact that Mr. Lucas reads this board, and your ideas could help him craft a better bill. What I think several of us are asking, and I know I am, is, help make the law in Indiana better, rather than just jeer at it.

Can we come to an agreement that that would be preferable? :)

Blessings,
    Bill

DataGeek19

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    [FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]A legislator's job is not easy. To draft language for a bill most rely on staffers to include researchers and attorneys. There are a lot of moving parts and mistakes can be made. An example is North Dakota's recent Constitutional Carry law. https://www.nraila.org/articles/201...-concerning-north-dakota-permitless-carry-law[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText][/FONT]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]Points made previously in this thread are valid: People who are passionate for the 2nd ammendment should work together, not against each other and if you feel there are potential problems with draft language the author would greatly appreciate the constructive feedback. I'm a new guy. Just my two cents! [/FONT][/FONT]

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    [FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]A legislator's job is not easy. To draft language for a bill most rely on staffers to include researchers and attorneys. There are a lot of moving parts and mistakes can be made. An example is North Dakota's recent Constitutional Carry law. https://www.nraila.org/articles/201...-concerning-north-dakota-permitless-carry-law[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=.SF UI Text]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]Points made previously in this thread are valid: People who are passionate for the 2nd ammendment should work together, not against each other and if you feel there are potential problems with draft language the author would greatly appreciate the constructive feedback. I'm a new guy. Just my two cents! [/FONT][/FONT]

Very well put stranger. I think this definitely counts as a "quality post" (47 more and you can go to the classifieds!!) Interesting handle by the way... ;)

EPeter213

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2016
    Floyd/Harrison
    Thank you, Kelly, Kirk, and Guy. I am sadly out of touch with the legislative process, but your testimony was very informative and compelling. We are very fortunate to have you advocating for our 2a rights here in Indiana.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Leftist's never seem to know what is on the table they just know that they are against it. It doesnot matter that they do not have any idea what they are opposing.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Leftist's never seem to know what is on the table they just know that they are against it. It doesnot matter that they do not have any idea what they are opposing.

Doing research and getting educated on a subject gets in the way of the emotional reaction. Plus it leads to people like Gary Kleck realizing what the data really says.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Short on details? Whatever makes you say that? (Insert purple) They made sure to mention all the supposed lost revenue

Top Bottom