Indiana Constitutional Carry-Summer Study thread (2017)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Link worked for me. Had some video of Mark (Shooter521) speaking, except audio cut out the whole last half of whatever he was saying :(

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I still see dumb comments from supposed gun owners claiming this is bad... wild west... OC is for small penises... criminals will carry... etc.

Ugh.

We are our own worst enemies at times. There are so many camps (Glock vs 1911, OC vs CC) that people stick to like a religion, instead of realizing that we're all gun owners and how we carry and what we carry isn't as important as that we carry. We should all support issues like this that would affect us all, but people can't seem to get out of their own little slice of thought on the topic and/or don't take the time to get educated on the issues. Here's hoping we have enough support, regardless of those trying to hold us back.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    There's this (dated yesterday but everything was based on the 22 Aug meeting. Quotes Guy and Rep Lucas)

Guy Relford, gun rights attorney and host of The Gun Guy on WIBC, testified at the first hearing, last month.

“Constitutional carry would do away with a requirement to have a state-issued license to carry a handgun if you are otherwise legally able to possess a firearm,” he said, talking about the hearing. “Felons, for instance, are currently prohibited from possessing a gun. Felons will be prohibited from possesing a gun after Constitutional carry passes, if it does.”

Constitutional Carry being discussed today at the State House. | Classic Hit Memories WAMW 107.9FM

Then there's this, copy/paste was the one sentence for our position, the rest was anti, quoted every anti-group there.

Proponents feel the existing process conflicts with the Second Amendment's right to bear arms. (that was it out of the whole page)

"This is currently a tool that we are able to use legally to investigate and prosecute other criminal activity in addition to carrying a handgun without a license," Curry said. "We believe the permitting requirement should remain."

Witnesses tell panel Hoosier handgun law should remain | Local News | tribstar.com

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    If INGO powers that be let me, Id gladly be willing to donate stamped and addressed to bosma envelopes with a sheet of paper inside so that any ingo member can take one at the ingo booth of the Indy 1500 gun show and write their own letter and put it in a box.
    I don't know what else i can do to help the cause besides that and what I've already done the last 4 or more years.
    I'm not rich so I can't give enough for all the members but I'll make sure there's a stack. That's if they will let me

I am definitely not an INGO power of any kind, but I have been known to inhabit the INGO booth and that's a great idea TT. If we have a couple versions the Bosma letter (type Bosma, write Bosma, right Kirk??) we could get a signature and a return address and mail it ourselves. I'm in for a box of stamped envelopes.

Paging Mr Mouse, Mr Church Mouse.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am definitely not an INGO power of any kind, but I have been known to inhabit the INGO booth and that's a great idea TT. If we have a couple versions the Bosma letter (type Bosma, write Bosma, right Kirk??) we could get a signature and a return address and mail it ourselves. I'm in for a box of stamped envelopes.

Paging Mr Mouse, Mr Church Mouse.

Got your PM. This is OK with me personally but I would like to run it up the food chain.
    If it is OK then I am in for a roll of stamps and some envelopes.
    Keep me apprised (reminded) as we get closer to the show.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    There's this (dated yesterday but everything was based on the 22 Aug meeting. Quotes Guy and Rep Lucas)

Guy Relford, gun rights attorney and host of The Gun Guy on WIBC, testified at the first hearing, last month.

“Constitutional carry would do away with a requirement to have a state-issued license to carry a handgun if you are otherwise legally able to possess a firearm,” he said, talking about the hearing. “Felons, for instance, are currently prohibited from possessing a gun. Felons will be prohibited from possesing a gun after Constitutional carry passes, if it does.”

Constitutional Carry being discussed today at the State House. | Classic Hit Memories WAMW 107.9FM

Then there's this, copy/paste was the one sentence for our position, the rest was anti, quoted every anti-group there.

Proponents feel the existing process conflicts with the Second Amendment's right to bear arms. (that was it out of the whole page)

"This is currently a tool that we are able to use legally to investigate and prosecute other criminal activity in addition to carrying a handgun without a license," Curry said. "We believe the permitting requirement should remain."

Witnesses tell panel Hoosier handgun law should remain | Local News | tribstar.com

This comment in TribStar article:
    [FONT=&quot]In more than four hours of presentations, the committee heard mostly from Hoosiers who wanted to keep the handgun permit system in place. [/FONT]

is our greatest obstacle, IMO. ....

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    It's pronounced KellyinAvon. I had to cut a lot because of time, be thankful I didn't have 300 Power Point slides, HA!! I know it's dry (well not to me, I am a nerd after all). I didn't have my A-game today but you caught the best line that summed it up :rockwoot:

Well done sir! Sorry I got the name wrong. :ingo:

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Well done sir! Sorry I got the name wrong. :ingo:
    It's all good and thank you Thor. I used my real name to sign in vice my INGO handle. My name is spelled different than most think so ya'll still don't know who I am (unless you know me, or have met me, or are really bored and figured it out.)

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    We are our own worst enemies at times. There are so many camps (Glock vs 1911, OC vs CC) that people stick to like a religion, instead of realizing that we're all gun owners and how we carry and what we carry isn't as important as that we carry. We should all support issues like this that would affect us all, but people can't seem to get out of their own little slice of thought on the topic and/or don't take the time to get educated on the issues. Here's hoping we have enough support, regardless of those trying to hold us back.

I think Colion Noir laid out the best rant against the fractured gun community.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZklAh26uYA

Yes, we are at times our own worst enemy.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I need some time to go through yesterday's video looking for more dumbassery nuggets like this one...

"so you're saying Indiana had 198 murders in 2010... sir.. uh... ok, cuz Marion County had 157 that year... so you're saying there were only 47 murders in the rest of the state?"

https://youtu.be/jWGjlM-SqVA

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I need some time to go through yesterday's video looking for more dumbassery nuggets like this one...

"so you're saying Indiana had 198 murders in 2010... sir.. uh... ok, cuz Marion County had 157 that year... so you're saying there were only 47 murders in the rest of the state?"

https://youtu.be/jWGjlM-SqVA

Like I said a few pages back, if he had 50% hearing loss I could cut him some slack. I don't think that's the problem.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    How is everything coming along with "ConC"? I've been away.

Not exactly "away". You were temp-banned for trolling the members here. You gloated about the bill being dead, called it "sloppy", but never answered why you said that when you were asked, as I recall.

That ice you're standing on is awfully thin. I suggest that you choose your next words with extreme caution. :mods:

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom