Indiana Constitutional Carry-Summer Study thread (2017)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    At least the reverend was pro CC.

I do agree with him that it is immoral for the State to deprive him of his right to self defense and defense of his family.

To clarify The State refers to our overall overlords, not Indiana.

Kirk is a dancer. He was prepared for the racist, she likes him.

Guy is very impressive all the time.

Taylor is an idiot all the time.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    And WRAP. ...

SERIOUSLY - WE NEED to get more people there in support. next go round. (and I need to step it up as much as anyone). ... that parade emotions was rough.

There *has* to be some heart tugging stories out there we could get to testify how gun usage situation played out for the positive.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    At least the reverend was pro CC.

I do agree with him that it is immoral for the State to deprive him of his right to self defense and defense of his family.

To clarify The State refers to our overall overlords, not Indiana.

Kirk is a dancer. He was prepared for the racist, she likes him.

Guy is very impressive all the time.

Taylor is an idiot all the time.

I dont know which law school he graduated from but Im thinking they took box tops as partial payment.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    There *has* to be some heart tugging stories out there we could get to testify how gun usage situation played out for the positive.

We need "Why we carry" stories from women and parents to counter Mom's demand... not stereotypical male gun owners. Guy and Kirk have that covered.

That sounds sexist, but we have to beat them at their own game.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    We need "Why we carry" stories from women and parents to counter Mom's demand... not stereotypical male gun owners. Guy and Kirk have that covered.

That sounds sexist, but we have to beat them at their own game.
    I don't generally agree with this notion. Like any sport, politics is about preparation and playing YOUR game, to your strengths.

In this case, it is our (collective) strength to present situations where ConC is better than licensing. The clearest example there is a domestic situation that goes bad quickly, before an LTCH can be obtained. I suspect there are anecdotes about victims defending themselves, even without the license, and avoiding prosecution for that because few (if any) Indiana prosecutors would be willing to file those charges.

But, in the absence of someone willing to risk going public with their personal tragedy, we should stick to levelheaded, reasonable arguments. To the extent we can bring emotion and sympathy to bear, the better, but that should not take the focus from how "normal" gun owners are.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I don't generally agree with this notion. Like any sport, politics is about preparation and playing YOUR game, to your strengths.

In this case, it is our (collective) strength to present situations where ConC is better than licensing. The clearest example there is a domestic situation that goes bad quickly, before an LTCH can be obtained. I suspect there are anecdotes about victims defending themselves, even without the license, and avoiding prosecution for that because few (if any) Indiana prosecutors would be willing to file those charges.

But, in the absence of someone willing to risk going public with their personal tragedy, we should stick to levelheaded, reasonable arguments. To the extent we can bring emotion and sympathy to bear, the better, but that should not take the focus from how "normal" gun owners are.

I dunno...That pastor, there at the end, I thnk, made especially Taylor take notice. Now, I was only listening and didnt see the video but that's the impression I got.

On the other hand, to your point, just because we don't have as good of a kicker as the other team, it doesn't mean we don't kick field goals when the odds are favorable. We play to our strenghts, sure, but if we have some reasonable weapons, let's not abandon the field.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I dunno...That pastor, there at the end, I thnk, made especially Taylor take notice. Now, I was only listening and didnt see the video but that's the impression I got.

On the other hand, to your point, just because we don't have as good of a kicker as the other team, it doesn't mean we don't kick field goals when the odds are favorable. We play to our strenghts, sure, but if we have some reasonable weapons, let's not abandon the field.

Yeah, we're much more in agreement with each other than not. :)

Bollorollo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Will there be a replay of the session from today on video? I missed the part of the crazy lady yelling a Rep Lucas because I had to go and stretch my crippled legs and go use the restroom. It was fun today going like always and do look forward to the final session.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.

I agree our strengths are in facts - but if we can get some - added emotional pull - supported by our facts - AND show more support beside the 3 or 4 that testified today ... it helps.

I might see what I can do to motivate some to testify ...

I was asked a few days ago ...

PK: BB3, exactly why should a "poll" override an individual right and violate the constitutional prohibition against such control?

BB3: It certainly should not. However, public perception,and wide spread misunderstanding, and misinformation (propaganda) is the problem we must overcome. This is what has killed this and much other good, pro freedom, pro individual protected rights, pro constitution legislation.

PK: With you and still fighting !

BB3: Add this too: a significant section of people, who misunderstand the concept of "we the people" to mean a simple majority and do not care for our protected rights or constitutional principles that do not benefit them personally, are willing to do anything to see this not get passed.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Kelly Meyers - Pro CC. Management analyst AF vet.

Running the numbers...pretty dry. But the point is 'if lawful gun owners where the problem you'd know it'.
    It's pronounced KellyinAvon. I had to cut a lot because of time, be thankful I didn't have 300 Power Point slides, HA!! I know it's dry (well not to me, I am a nerd after all). I didn't have my A-game today but you caught the best line that summed it up :rockwoot:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Well done - but very boring. LOL ... facts

GOOD JOB! WELL DONE.
    Thanks Bill. Don't worry, 300 Power Point slides are coming. I'm going to read them word for word in a bizarre monotone accent while facing away from the audience. Wow if I ever do that please throw something at me.

Top Bottom