• ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Does anyone with solid NRA connections know if they are doing any hard lobbying on this bill?

In regards to HB1159, I found this online from a gun organization. I love it. Put his picture front and center!

6795AA68-44F8-4739-BD27-4AE2BAF34A34.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Does anyone with solid NRA connections know if they are doing any hard lobbying on this bill?

Not that I have solid NRA connections, but I got this back from NRA-ILA today:

[FONT=&quot]Thank you for contacting the NRA-ILA. We are working very hard to help expand the rights of the citizens of the state of Indiana. As the legislature continues this session, we will be updating our members on the progress of all the pro-gun bills in this legislative session. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I would encourage you to sign up for our alerts in order to stay informed about our activities in your state. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]You can sign up for our alerts HERE[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Carlin A[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]NRA-ILA Grassroots[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]800-392-8683[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]www.NRAILA.org[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]ILA-Contact@NRAHQ.org[/FONT]

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Not that I have solid NRA connections, but I got this back from NRA-ILA today:

[FONT="]Thank you for contacting the NRA-ILA. We are working very hard to help expand the rights of the citizens of the state of Indiana. As the legislature continues this session, we will be updating our members on the progress of all the pro-gun bills in this legislative session. [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#1F497D][FONT="] [/FONT]

[FONT="]I would encourage you to sign up for our alerts in order to stay informed about our activities in your state. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT="]You can sign up for our alerts HERE[/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT="] [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#1F497D][FONT="]Carlin A[/FONT]

[FONT="] [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#1F497D][FONT="]NRA-ILA Grassroots[/FONT]

[FONT="]800-392-8683[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#1F497D][FONT="]www.NRAILA.org[/FONT]
    [FONT="][/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#1F497D][FONT="]ILA-Contact@NRAHQ.org[/FONT]

I got the same letter. For whatever good it will do, I replied and asked them to escalate the concern and that time is of the essence.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    Called and left a message on his assistant's voicemail. We need to load up this voicemail tonight so he is slammed in the morning.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Called and left a message on his assistant's voicemail. We need to load up this voicemail tonight so he is slammed in the morning.

Those voicemails are backed up to the Clinton server.

You have 21,933 new messages and 3 saved messages.

<click>

You have no new messages.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    This is the 3rd time Lucas has brought this bill up. If the NRA were effective, why are we having this conversation?
    I'm beginning to believe they're milking these things "for donations" without putting effective lobbying into these bills.
    Maybe GOA and NAGR is the way to go ...

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    This is the 3rd time Lucas has brought this bill up. If the NRA were effective, why are we having this conversation?
    I'm beginning to believe they're milking these things "for donations" without putting effective lobbying into these bills.

I'm beginning to believe the republicans in control are keeping these sorts of bills in their back pockets so that they'll have some red meat to throw out to draw in their base when they're desperate for votes. If only there was an alternative to the republicans to vote for that wouldn't drive us into insolvency or seek to take away our gun rights.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County

Where is GOA and NAGR at in this thing? I haven't heard boo from them. If they were effective, why isn't it passed? Its the third time its been brought up?

Top Bottom