• DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    *snip*
    Funny, I've only ever had the double cheeseburger at King Gyro's. I think they call it the Big Baby. Love it. Never had the gyros as I don't like greek food.
    I haven't had a lot, but I've liked what I have had. Mostly gyros, but also spanakatiropita (spinach cheese pie), tiropita (cheese pie) and moussaka (kind of like a Greek lasagne) and slouvaki (sp?) - the kabobs.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    It's sit down if you could call it that. More like a cafeteria with hard wooden booths. One big room with about three different food lines going plus the pickup line, which is really just a mob in front of the pickup counter waiting for their number to be called.

Don't forget that you have to clean your own table. I went one time. The food was bland, it was ridiculously loud, and the wait alone wasn't worth it.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Me? Portillos is OK. For many of the reasons stated above.

I'm just patiently waiting for them to convert the old Cheeseburger in Paradise to a Chuy's.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Me? Portillos is OK. For many of the reasons stated above.

I'm just patiently waiting for them to convert the old Cheeseburger in Paradise to a Chuy's.

What's Chuy's?

ETA: Nevermind. Mexican place. I think we need more Mexican places. There have to be at least a few street corners that don't have one yet. :n00b: :):

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    What's Chuy's?

ETA: Nevermind. Mexican place. I think we need more Mexican places. There have to be at least a few street corners that don't have one yet. :n00b: :):

True dat. :)

What we really need is a couple of good Caribbean places. Havana Cafe at 38th/Moller is about the only game in town for good Cuban food, and ain't nobody cooking Puerto Rican cuisine in Indy.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    What's Chuy's?

Correction. Tex-Mex. LOTS of authentic Mexican restaurants. Those are good too. There is still room for more Tex-Mex. This place is amazing, and serves handmade tortillas made in house. :drool:

Like Don Pablo's only better.

oh, and their fajita meat is marinated overnight in Shiner Bock beer. They are based in Austin, which explains that one.

Nathanaf8388

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2020
    Montezuma
    Since we are talking about Italian beef the ice cream joint in my town makes an Italian beef pizza... it is fantastic
    71840bfb141c0ea03189acefd4fe0ca8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Well, since we’ve gone full food here, I just had my first really good sit down meal in two or three months at Longhorn in Avon and damn, was it good! 10/10

While we’re talking food culture in Indianapolis, I’ve spent a lot of time in Columbus, Ohio over the last couple of years and there’s a world of difference. Whatever kind of cultural cuisine you want, it’s right there. The restaurant scene in Indianapolis is so lacking compared to Columbus.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Well, since we’ve gone full food here, I just had my first really good sit down meal in two or three months at Longhorn in Avon and damn, was it good! 10/10

While we’re talking food culture in Indianapolis, I’ve spent a lot of time in Columbus, Ohio over the last couple of years and there’s a world of difference. Whatever kind of cultural cuisine you want, it’s right there. The restaurant scene in Indianapolis is so lacking compared to Columbus.

What cultural cuisine have you been unable to find in Indy?

Top Bottom