• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Did you watch the birth of your child?

• Total voters

jeepville

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    New Castle
    I stood at the head of the bed and held her hand and encouraged her and saw plenty but didnt want to be standing behind the dr that was catching that would have been way to much.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I was right beside my wife the whole time. Freaked me right out, but was an incredible experience as well. Snipped the cord, and got to hold my baby girl within minutes (mom was first, of course).

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    not me unfortunately i was over in afghanistan putting the hurt on the taliban while my daughter was being born. i was promised i would be home for it but then that time came and they "just couldn't afford to let me leave" but i'm not sure i would have watched it either lol. i have seen some nasty nasty stuff in the army but i just don't want to see that happen to my significant others area lol

Jeepcrazed

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 25, 2011
    Nope, didn't see mine. kind of wish I could've, but no mirrors in the operating room and things were a little rushed and urgent.

Nightwalker65

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2011
    Seymour
    I watched the v-birth of my oldest daughter and the c-sections of my 2 youngest,and while yes,both looked like something out of horror movies, I found myself focused on the precious new lives entering this world,and it didn't bother me that bad.......yeah I know,I'm weird...I get that a lot

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I was there 2x, watched 2x, wasn't real thrilled 2x. Regret isn't the word I'd use to describe, so I probably fall between #s 1 and 2.

THIS^^^

Except it was 4x for me. I watched the kids come out, wasnt real excited, but I wouldn't say I regretted it. I would call it gross and disturbing, but it didn't keep me away forever.

Funny story - I was chowing on a Dairy Queen cheeseburger while my wife was in labor for one of our kids. The doctor was just shaking his head at me. I think he just didn't want to see it again later.

Elfboy26

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 18, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    Voted no. Both our kids were c-section do to particualry difficult pregenancies. They wouldn't let me near the "buisness-end" during the surgery. Oh darn, I really wanted to watch.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Why ruin the memory of a childbirth by watching it come out? Women feel self-conscious enough. My favorite is the boyfriend's dad in the room watching. Teenage father. EEewww...

I was at the head of the bed for both C-sections but can the camcorder going for the child emerging. Different for me I guess given familiarity with it.

G_Stines

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Central Indiana
    I don't have children. But I have delivered two on an ambulance. Labor Ladies are my least favorite patients. Mainly because if you don't get to the hospital fast enough, which has happened twice, you have two patients instead of one. Also, the slimy cone headed alien baby comes out and it's pretty disgusting to smell like "birth" for the rest of the shift. That being said, if/when I have a kid, I will probably ask the doc if I can do it myself, at least for the first one. Kudos to you folks who endure the hardships of parenthood!

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I was breathing down the doctor's neck at the c-section for my son (he's second generation!), fascinated at the whole process. Kinda had to restrain myself from saying "let me cut her". Things weren't that happy in those days :(

DaddyFixSemi

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2011
    Princeton, In
    Another thing nobody tells you: newborns are NOT cute. Seeing that angry little reddish-purplish cottage-cheese covered alien starting to emerge is... freaky. This is why Vikings went out conquering for such long trips.

I couldn't agree more with any other statement then this one. I was at the hospital for the birth of all 3 of my sons.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    You know the honeymoon's over when your wife makes you watch something as disgusting as giving birth or when she sits on the crapper, with the door open and wants to talk to you while you're cooking supper.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    You guys are going about it all wrong. I've always wanted to open up a cigar lounge next to labor and delivery. Have it like a sports bar with multiple tv's so the expecting father can watch while enjoying a beer and a cigar.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    You guys are going about it all wrong. I've always wanted to open up a cigar lounge next to labor and delivery. Have it like a sports bar with multiple tv's so the expecting father can watch while enjoying a beer and a cigar.

You could make soooo much money...

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    I was there for both of my children's births. The poll kinda forced me to choose Yes, and it was a beautiful experience. However, the episiotomy really made me cringe. So much in fact I was arguing with the doctor when my second child was born as to rather or not it was really necessary, my then daughter decided she was coming out right now. It was kinda funny watching the Doctor trying to hold my daughter in while the nurse was gloving him. He won the argument after the birth he was sewing her up and said to me " ok look see how the flesh tore , this is hard to sew up a nice clean cut is much easier to sew." I responded yea I can see that now, but hey doc while your at it do ya think ya could toss a couple of extra stitches in there for me?" At that point the nurse slugged me in the chest. I could see the doctor's expression trying to keep from laughing...

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I was there for both of my children's births. The poll kinda forced me to choose Yes, and it was a beautiful experience. However, the episiotomy really made me cringe. So much in fact I was arguing with the doctor when my second child was born as to rather or not it was really necessary, my then daughter decided she was coming out right now. It was kinda funny watching the Doctor trying to hold my daughter in while the nurse was gloving him. He won the argument after the birth he was sewing her up and said to me " ok look see how the flesh tore , this is hard to sew up a nice clean cut is much easier to sew." I responded yea I can see that now, but hey doc while your at it do ya think ya could toss a couple of extra stitches in there for me?" At that point the nurse slugged me in the chest. I could see the doctor's expression trying to keep from laughing...

My buddy said the same thing when his kid was born, Mom did not find it funny at all.:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom