• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Did you watch the birth of your child?

• Total voters

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    I watched my son pop right out, cut the cord and all.

Pretty crazy experience, but I'd do it again. Also - I never had ANY problems 'getting back to business', although I still had to wait 10 weeks until she was ready ( THAT SUUUUUUUUCKED ).

P.S Look at the placenta after everything is done, what a weird looking organ.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    was there holding a leg, watching, and cutting cords for all 3 of mine. wouldn't have wanted to be anywhere else. then again, i've watched footage of reconstructive skull surgery while eating strawberry yogurt before.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I had pictures of my insides but I don't know what happened to them....

The pictures or your insides? :):

I don't have children. But I have delivered two on an ambulance. Labor Ladies are my least favorite patients. Mainly because if you don't get to the hospital fast enough, which has happened twice, you have two patients instead of one. Also, the slimy cone headed alien baby comes out and it's pretty disgusting to smell like "birth" for the rest of the shift. That being said, if/when I have a kid, I will probably ask the doc if I can do it myself, at least for the first one. Kudos to you folks who endure the hardships of parenthood!

I delivered one on my cot, but it was right outside the delivery room... Almost made it there, but not quite. I got to sign the birth certificate, though. :)

...interesting view to see you wife's insides.
    What were you doing looking at my wife's insides? :xmad:

Well, now we know what happened to the pictures, anyway... :lmfao:

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    When my son was born I spent most of the time at the front of the bed. I did step down and peek a couple times because I was curious. It wasn't too bad, but I don't know if I could have watched the whole time.

The afterbirth was the worst part. Thank god I did not see it, but I heard it. Oh hell no, that probably would have made me hit the floor!

Last edited:

Goober135

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Valparaiso
    I'm not married and i don't have kids yet (thankfully). I do want kids though, preferably two and when that day arrives, come hell or high water i'll be in that room assuming the Mrs. allows it! Although, considering my track record with things of an "unpleasant" nature, i have a feeling i'm going to wake up in my own hospital bed with my wife standing over me calling me a wimp.

You have no idea how thankful i am to be a man! How you ladies out there have multiple children is beyond me! I mean i stubbed my toe one time and thought i was going to die from the pain! You ladies are troopers, that's for sure! :D

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    Que, gonna go out on a limb and say it doesn't matter what you say about sex right now, your wife will be the one who gets to say when you all start having more baby making sessions.
    Besides, I'll bet both of you are going to be fairly tired for awhile getting up all hours of the night pleasing the little milk drinking monster. Congrats on that by the way.
    Word of advise, if your wife has read the whole bit about have your husband bring your child to you in bed to breastfeed so he can be involved to, think very carefully before using the line that I tried. I looked at my wife with a straight face and said, "Honey, only one of HAS to be tired the next morning. And seeing as how I have to go to work , its not going to be me."
    May or may not work depending on her temperment. That's all I'm saying.

Congrats again though really.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Que, gonna go out on a limb and say it doesn't matter what you say about sex right now, your wife will be the one who gets to say when you all start having more baby making sessions.
    Besides, I'll bet both of you are going to be fairly tired for awhile getting up all hours of the night pleasing the little milk drinking monster. Congrats on that by the way.
    Word of advise, if your wife has read the whole bit about have your husband bring your child to you in bed to breastfeed so he can be involved to, think very carefully before using the line that I tried. I looked at my wife with a straight face and said, "Honey, only one of HAS to be tired the next morning. And seeing as how I have to go to work , its not going to be me."
    May or may not work depending on her temperment. That's all I'm saying.

Congrats again though really.

If either of my children want milk, they'd better walk to the fridge or head over to Walmart. :D

Last edited:

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I watched both of my kids being born. I'm glad I did, but I can't say it was a "beautiful experience". I do believe I would have regretted not being there. Our first was particularly interesting. She was stubborn right from the start and still is to this day. She insisted on facing the wrong direction and the doctor had to turn her over 3 times. He eventually had to use the "giant salad tongs" to force her into the correct position. She fought every step of the way and ended up with a broken collar bone because of it.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Have you learned nothing from INGO?

If your kids want milk they'd better put on their boots and go head over to the nearest cow for some raw milk.

There is a guy around the corner with cows. I should get to know him and get him on my SHTF team. ;)

ultraspec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    SOme of you guys had me laughing out loud for alot of these posts. I have no kids and dont think I would want to see that

randyb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Cut the cord on my daughter and watched my son being born by c-section. Awesome experience and when asked what the C section looked like by my ex, I put off answering many times, finally told her it looked like what happens when I field dress a deer. She stopped asking after that.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    My wife and I just had our most recent child on the 6th...been there and watched that, I do agree that if she's yours and the baby too, it's truly life changing and beautiful. The best and most emotional part of my life is being there when your kids first comes out...

Amelia Rae Kekona Drake

3245ff20.jpg

Jerrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    Brownsburg
    The worst is the placenta hitting the floor. I'll never get that sound out of my head. Thank God I didn't actually witness it.

Top Bottom