• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Did you watch the birth of your child?

• Total voters

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Why not join the conception room?

Just a note of personal experience, they have the woman hooked up to a machine that monitors contractions
    - don't make statements like "that was a big one, looks like it hurt!"

Yeah, I like "you're having a contraction" or "it's almost over". Quite funny to watch people get yelled at

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    The first child was awesome. I was the thing she saw when she opened her eyes. I was so focused on the baby, I really didn't notice anything else. My secondmchild was a c section. The doc asked me if I was uncomfortable watching and I said HELL YES! I don't want to see my wife's insides on her outside.

She was awesome. I'm supposed to keep her calm. So, I'm up by her head stroking her hair and saying all these sweet things. She busts out with I can feel them tugging on my guts. Then she yells FREEEEEEEEEDOOOOMMMM!!!! We start cracking up. It was great.

Then I hear the baby cry so I instinctively get up and look over the curtain and see my beautiful baby and then "everything else" came into focus. I almost honked but kept my cool.

So, since I could only vote once, I went with yes and it was a beautiful experience.

ralphb72

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Greens Fork, IN
    Yes, I was there for all four, but I didn't really watch their actual birth. The first was cesarean and they made me leave the room while they prepped her but brought me back in just in time to see him pulled out of her stomach. I told her he looked like a big smurf all blue and wrinkly.

Spazzmodicus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Jeffersonville, IN
    No need to live without sex Que. I'll screw you for $10, as in you sell my one of your priceless firearms' for 10 bucks. Not quite as good as regular sex but a whole lot safer and more sanitary. :)

But back to the story, I watched both of my daughters being born don't want to repeat it, or put my wife through that any more. My firstborn popping out as a girl when I thought she was going to be a boy was a trauma in itself, but no regrets.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Here we go, and I swear to you this is the god's honest truth.....

We were admitted at 0500 one morning, there all day with little progress. Epi given at 2330 that evening. At 0200 doctor comes in (shes in bed cat-napping, Im cat-napping in recliner right next to her), he slaps me in the head and says "Grab a leg, shes gonna push. I say ok (a bit disoriented, waking up, etc.) and she starts. Well as anyone that has been there for child birth knows, one of the favorite part's of the female's body is not what it used to be at this point. I looked, it made me dizzy (Im assuming this was a bit from shock of what child-birth has done to "the cookie"... and I passed out! My head bounced off the cement/tile floor in the Delivery room. My wife tried to jump out of bed after me, nurse tries coming over. All the while the doctor is sitting at the end of the bed like a MLB catcher. He yells at the wife to stay in bed, orders the nurse to deal with my sorry ass, and I get up with a hell of a headache.
    The doctor realized shortly after that my wife wouldnt be able to deliver naturally, and we go c-sec. The smell of the burnt flesh from the incision was very weird, but I didnt look while in the O.R.......

At the end though, I had a healthy baby girl, and thats what mattered!

This story was a bit embarassing at first, but after 3 years, I can laugh at it.

My mother in-law heard my head hit from down the hall, and to this day makes jokes reference to having a hard head!

-MColford

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    All my kids were born back in the day where the husband set in the waiting room and read the newspaper until the nurse came in and told me what we had! Ah the good old days!! But I still can't say that I didn't want to stuff a couple of them back up from whence they came at times! :D

Last edited:

wrigleycub

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    West side of Indy
    Didn't watch and happy that I didn't. My wife got tore up so bad she became a show and tell piece for medical students while they sewed her up for the 3 hrs following my sons birth. Over 600 stitches all the way into the colon! Now she gets to hang that over my head whenever I make the slightest complaint about any pain!

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    The first child was awesome. I was the thing she saw when she opened her eyes. I was so focused on the baby, I really didn't notice anything else. My secondmchild was a c section. The doc asked me if I was uncomfortable watching and I said HELL YES! I don't want to see my wife's insides on her outside.

She was awesome.

So, since I could only vote once, I went with yes and it was a beautiful experience.

Feel free to come back and post your real vote when she's not standing behind you with scissors.

Top Bottom