• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 13, 2013
    South Side Indy
    Help me! Either talk me out of buying it or tell me to get my happy butt up and go buy it. Saw it at rural king today on sale for $180 so probably $200 out the door. Looks exactly like a 870 but the guy at counter said the barrels wouldn't swap out. He said he owned one and loved it. This one has the ghost ring and it felt real tight. Any helpful reviews would be nice or horror stories to.

miamigunsinc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2014
    2640 W.84TH STREET
    Firearms Reviews
    Length of Use
    2 Years
    Round Count
    Pro's
    - Built like a tank
    - Compatibility with most Remington 870 parts
    - Price, Often seen for as low as $180 New
    - Great Ghost Ring sights!
    - Cycles anything
    - Great recoil pad
    Con's
    - Doesn't take Remington 870 barrels
    Would you recommend this gun?
    Yes

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Bought one from a co-worker who was hard for cash for $100, and seen alot at the range.

Remington barrels CAN work, but need some crazy spacer/ring thing to do so. Realistically, the factory barrels are okay, so unless you are wanting something rifled, it's good. Worst case, have it threaded for chokes and backbored if you really want to.

Metallurgy is okay, pretty tough. Needs LOTS of cycling to break it loose. I ended up making a slurry out of CLP and jeweler's rouge, slathering it on the lands and races, and cycling it while watching a movie. Pretty smooth.

The ghost ringed models, the sights are pretty robust for such an inexpensive gun.

Check your pattern when firing it before loading and pressing it into HD or similar service, I've seen "bent" barrels before (shot hitting VERY left) on a few of these, but mostly on the field barreled models.

Side saddles and most, if not all, trigger parts work from the 870. There was a guy on Arfcom making magazine extensions, but think he turned out to be a crook.

Hefted nice, wasn't all that bad and liked the parked finish (holds grease REALLY well, prevents rust). Once you slick up the action and polish the trigger work, it's not half bad. I hammered on mine kinda hard with hundreds of shells and didn't notice any inordinate wear or peening, so the metal is decent. I've never seen a polymer 870 trigger housing go belly up, but the IAC has the aluminum one, like the police/wingmaster 870s.

All in all, decent gun, understanding that you MAY run afoul of some random QC issue.

Invariably, these questions degenerate into China vs. US manufacturing and other such. :(

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom