• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    Hey guys, I'm sort of a lurker on this forum. Mostly I just read the handguns and ammo section for tips and stuff. Lately, I've been reading the politics threads a lot. I like reading view points that conflict with mine, it gives me some sort of perspective and I like seeing what's happening with the opposite end of the political spectrum. I feel like sometimes the discussions on this section of the forums are sort of one sided, its a lot of preaching to the choir, so I would like to express my more "liberal" opinions and shock you guys.
    and how is this going to shock us. I hear your opinions expressed constantly in the mainstream media...

1. I don't think all Muslims are terrorists. I think extremists on either side are likely to be terrorists.
    2. I'm pro-choice.
    3. I don't think the sky is falling and don't believe that hyperinflation will occur in the near future.
    4. I think climate change is happening and that humans share some of the responsibility for that.
    5. I think evolution is as good of a theory as the theory of gravity.
    6. Let gays marry, why not?
    7. I don't think Ron Paul is that awesome, yes he has some good ideas but he has just as many wacky ones.
    8. I don't think there is a liberal bias in the media as much the media is just stupid and irrelevant lately.
    9. I don't think taxation is that horrible.
    10. I like the idea of "socialized" healthcare.
    1. I wasn't aware anyone had ever said that every single Muslim was a terrorist. Having read the Koran, it is not the religion of love and peace that some people want to claim it is.
    2. Okay, thanks for sharing. I just don't think that the Federal government has any business being on either side of the issue.
    3. Watched the news lately. Inflation is already starting and pushing up mortgage rates. I don't claim to know how high it will get.
    4. Climate change has always happened. Even before modern man had emerged. There is no real scientific consensus on the issue except amongst those like Algore that are making millions with fear mongering.
    5. Theories are like assholes, everyone has one and some are better than others.
    6. That is a horse that has been beaten to death on this board.
    7. Some like him more than others...
    8. Then you just don't pay much attention, or stay purposely ignorant. When you have news analysts that have thrills going up their thighs, some saying he is sort of god, etc. I think it is pretty clear.
    9. How much of your income do you pay. If you are one of those that don't pay any income tax, I can see why.
    10. Why do I have the feeling this is related to #9. You are happy the government wants to steal (extort) money from some people, and give to you. [/QUOTE]

And just so the moderators don't think I'm some sort of liberal troll from outer-space, yes I'm from Indiana. Yes I'm a gun-owner and I love guns of all kinds. I love to go the range when I can. I too am having a hard time finding ammunition. But anyways, here I am.

We certainly could never have an Indiana troll. Would it be more suitable to call your post flamebait then...

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    Hey guys, I'm sort of a lurker on this forum. Mostly I just read the handguns and ammo section for tips and stuff. Lately, I've been reading the politics threads a lot. I like reading view points that conflict with mine, it gives me some sort of perspective and I like seeing what's happening with the opposite end of the political spectrum. I feel like sometimes the discussions on this section of the forums are sort of one sided, its a lot of preaching to the choir, so I would like to express my more "liberal" opinions and shock you guys.

1. I don't think all Muslims are terrorists. I think extremists on either side are likely to be terrorists.
    2. I'm pro-choice.
    3. I don't think the sky is falling and don't believe that hyperinflation will occur in the near future.
    4. I think climate change is happening and that humans share some of the responsibility for that.
    7. I don't think Ron Paul is that awesome, yes he has some good ideas but he has just as many wacky ones.
    8. I don't think there is a liberal bias in the media as much the media is just stupid and irrelevant lately.

And just so the moderators don't think I'm some sort of liberal troll from outer-space, yes I'm from Indiana. Yes I'm a gun-owner and I love guns of all kinds. I love to go the range when I can. I too am having a hard time finding ammunition. But anyways, here I am.

Do you still think you did the right thing in voting for Obama? Do you think he even remotely the same person that campaigned? Are you still in love with him, as you were when you voted for him?

Be honest, do you think he is sort of a 'G - d', as the media is making him out to be?

Do you still think that the fact that he has yet to PROVE he his an American by birth, is still relevant to his claim to Presidency?

I have so many questions, for the post kook-aid drinking Obama crowds that are no-where to be found. Fickle and ignorant were his followers before, now they are silent ghosts who seem to almost now resistenting to admit they are/were wrong....

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6

2. I'm pro-choice.

your view points dont shock me at all. some of my friends are in fact liberal. its just the way people look at things. you look at things differently that most of us on here. the criticism on here is just for fun nothing serious about it. you are just another person just like all of us. but alot of us on here feel like obama is making alot of bad decisions like giving terrorists rights, and bringing them over here and spending tax dollars on bringing refugees that have some kind of link to Hamas to the united states and all they want to see is this country burn, they dont care about you and me. Also he showed submission to the king of saudi arabia and appologizing on Americas behalf. He shows the world America is weak whereas in fact he is only speaking for himself. And as for gay marriage i honestly dont care. And as for being pro choice i think alot of us on here find it difficult on why its ok. how is it ok to kill a living baby for no reason except for "ohh i just dont want it" but its not ok to kill an adult that has commited an unthinkable and evil act. taxation sucks, its part of the reason why this country got started our ancestors came here to get away from it. and for health care, talk to canadians even they dont think their health care isnt great. those are some of my view points.

Here alot of us want to preserve what this nation stands for and what it symbolizes. We/I believe the government has over stepped its bounds and needs to be put in check of what its doing and how its wrecking this great nation.

Last edited:

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    Opinions.jpg

eatsnopaste

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    South Bend

2. I'm pro-choice.

Glad to have you aboard! Welcome!

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington

2. I'm pro-choice.

first off your post was one big oxymoron based on fact, but I will respect your opinion once you have some sort of reasoning behind your statements. spouting opinion without reasoning or facts to explain/back your opinions it doesn't help your case on this forum or anywhere else. now I will give my rebuttal to your OPINIONS in a respectful forthright manner.

1. I don't think all Muslims are terrorists. I think extremists on either side are likely to be terrorists.true, but it is fact it is all muslims duty to convert or destroy anyone not muslim according to the koran

2. I'm pro-choice. to each his own

3. I don't think the sky is falling and don't believe that hyperinflation will occur in the near future. and 600,00 jobs lost per month would tell you that?

4. I think climate change is happening and that humans share some of the responsibility for that. maybe minutley but not near the amount they would have you to believe, and americans are on the low end of that the responsiblity totem pole.

5. I think evolution is as good of a theory as the theory of gravity.science would beg to differ
    6. Let gays marry, why not? gays are not a big sticking point for me other than it angers me that they think they can claim they have rights other than anybody else in the worldbecause they are gay.
    7. I don't think Ron Paul is that awesome, yes he has some good ideas but he has just as many wacky ones.even if he's not that "awesome" he's a thousand times better than what is going on right now.

8. I don't think there is a liberal bias in the media as much the media is just stupid and irrelevant lately. did MSNBC tell you that?

9. I don't think taxation is that horrible. so your on welfare?

10. I like the idea of "socialized" healthcare. then move to canada or brittain.

your in a unique position here ron. you have the chance to get a great dialogue going and get a liberal foothold in the forum. but only if your your willing to back your statements with fact and or reasoning behind your statements it doesn't do your cause any good to post an obvious hot topic issue and run away at the first sign of opposition.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    OUTLANDER!!

1. I don't think all Muslims are terrorists.
    Me too, but what do I know, I'm an infidel.
    I think extremists on either side are likely to be terrorists.
    Me too. Only the middle can afford coventional warfare.
    2. I'm pro-choice.
    Me too, just anti-murder.
    My tinfoil hat is soothing.
    Earth first! We'll strip mine the other planets later.
    I enjoy Bob Lazar's explanation of gravity theory.
    They can all be Mary if they want.
    I find Nugent to be much more down to earth and less extreme.
    Yeah, there's more to liberal bias than just stupid and irrelevant.
    Many people break even or make money on tax day. They actually love it!
    I like the idea of socialized ice-cream.

Just messin' with ya.;) Glad you're here. :ingo:

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    It's ironic that a person can come on this forum and spout their anti-gun ideoloy, but when I tried to express my opinion on the Sarah Brady Forum, I was summarily deleted and banned.

Freedom of speech seems to only flow in one direction.

Just an observation.:dunno:

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    The only topic I feel like addressing is the media bias. A person who agrees with a stated position rarely recognizes bias. This is just human nature.

Any non-liberal who has worked in media knows first-hand that the industry is stacked with liberals. I've worked in it, and I know. I was a minority... period. Groupthink was pervasive.

That was my logical reply. If I have a couple beers in me, then my sarcasm would take over: "Yeah, you're right, there's no liberal bias in the creative community. There's no liberal leaning among artists, musicians, actors, liberal arts college professors, poets, etc. Conservatives are equally represented in all those fields."

Right.

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    It's ironic that a person can come on this forum and spout their anti-gun ideoloy, but when I tried to express my opinion on the Sarah Brady Forum, I was summarily deleted and banned.

Freedom of speech seems to only flow in one direction.

Just an observation.:dunno:

he hasnt said anything anti gun...yet

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

We are NOT the Sarah Brady forum. :rockwoot:

Top Bottom