• ...and so much more!
  • AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Well when I got bit by the bug I got up to 21 1911's (trying for one each day of the month:) ) but decided I couldnt shoot them all so I let some go. I dont make much of a collector I guess

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I have a self-imposed five handgun limit. Experience tells me that every additional gun I own means less time actually firing my EDC. That results, over time, in less proficiency with the gun I most depend on. This darn logic is kicking my butt. Please, I need help.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I have a self-imposed five handgun limit. Experience tells me that every additional gun I own means less time actually firing my EDC. That results, over time, in less proficiency with the gun I most depend on. This darn logic is kicking my butt. Please, I need help.
    Easy fix... if they are all the same platform, you can shoot whichever ones as much as you like... and it still translates into proficiency with your EDC. ;)

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Easy fix... if they are all the same platform, you can shoot whichever ones as much as you like... and it still translates into proficiency with your EDC. ;)

I already use that rationaliz... er, explanation for my five CZs. Not sure I could keep a straight face trying to justify another platform.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I thought you were a CZ kinda guy.

Try one....it will change your life....or not.....:dunno:

Oh, I've had them before. This will be blasphemy to some people but I truly believe that there is a direct lineage from the 1911 to the Hi Power to the CZ 75. I have owned all three and the natural progression seems obvious to me.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I was drooling over a new Springfield at a gun show last weekend and hubby asked how many of those do you need? I said...how many are there? LOL! I keep telling him these things are an investment but he's not buying it. I gotta save up some of my own cash so I can get me another one if he isn't going to buy it for me, but every time I see ammo in stock again and reasonable, I buy another box. Then I get home and he asks why I am buying more since we are already pretty well stocked. I just have to do it! What can I say? You never know when you might need it to barter with someone when our money is worthless.

I would like a few more .45's and yes...I, too, am and addict! :laugh:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I can quit any time I want.
    Really, I can.

I just need one more.

I was drooling over a new Springfield at a gun show last weekend and hubby asked how many of those do you need? I said...how many are there? LOL! I keep telling him these things are an investment but he's not buying it. I gotta save up some of my own cash so I can get me another one if he isn't going to buy it for me, but every time I see ammo in stock again and reasonable, I buy another box. Then I get home and he asks why I am buying more since we are already pretty well stocked. I just have to do it! What can I say? You never know when you might need it to barter with someone when our money is worthless.

I would like a few more .45's and yes...I, too, am and addict! :laugh:
    I see a future reloader.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Oh, I've had them before. This will be blasphemy to some people but I truly believe that there is a direct lineage from the 1911 to the Hi Power to the CZ 75. I have owned all three and the natural progression seems obvious to me.

I've noticed the same thing as well. BUT....they strayed too far from the mold imho.
    I had the CZ75b and I've got 2 HP now. one in 9 and one in .40. I'm sticking with the 1911 for feel, security, tradition, and friggin punch

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    and friggin punch

Right on.
    smi26.gif

Top Bottom