• avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Working my arse off.

Many coworkers have had COVID.

One died, another (in his mid 40s and AWESOME shape, like triathlete level shape) had 17 days in hospital including 10 in ICU. A number have have gotten Regeneron monoclonal antibodies. Aware of many breakthrough infections, universally all no worse than a bad cold.

Have a few acquaintances who have had COVID, some hospitalized (mostly for oxygen and dexamethasone).

Oldest son had to quarantine in his first week of school due to close contact; both boys got their first youth Pfizer dose last week. They had practically no aide effects.

I got a Pfizer booster yesterday. Just like shots 1 and 2, a very sore arm and mild headache the next day. I don’t know anybody who has had a significant side effect from vaccination.

I support vaccination, but also think vax mandates are stupid. “I’m trying to protect you, so if you don’t do this you are going to lose your job.” WTF?!?

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    I lost a cousin last April and wasn't able to attend his funeral which really made me sad. I was moved to telework for 20 months before returning on site this week. I wasn't able to see my mother who was in a nursing home for 7 months until she moved to assisted living. I didn't get to see one of my uncles for a year and a half before he passed away a few months ago, which really hurts. He was the last of my dad's half-brothers and quite a character. I tried to send him a greeting card every month and holiday to brighten his day. A few days after he passed, I found the cards I had bought to send him and didn't know what to do with them :(.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    I'd suggest that anyone questioning the validity of the efficacy talk to the nurses and doctors that are on the front line. Too much mis-information out there reporting a high % of vaccinated people getting C-19. Not true at all.

Get vax, or get C-19. Period.
    All of the "front line" medical workers I've talk to, including those working in Covid wards, steadfastly refuse to take the vaccine. I will continue to follow their advice. Thanks for the tip.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Unvaxxed here, got sick 3 weeks ago. The job site wants proof of negative tests. I was only down for 36 hrs. Took the rest of the week off. Now I'm doing sides jobs making 3x the money. F me.. yea sure. Lol luckily my employer has my back. Life is good. Covid fear is for the birds

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I'd suggest that anyone questioning the validity of the efficacy talk to the nurses and doctors that are on the front line. Too much mis-information out there reporting a high % of vaccinated people getting C-19. Not true at all.

Why are hospitals having to fire employees who won’t take the vax then? Seems like if a group of professionals who deal with it every day would be all over the vax if it was truly the magic solution to everything.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Why are hospitals having to fire employees who won’t take the vax then? Seems like if a group of professionals who deal with it every day would be all over the vax if it was truly the magic solution to everything.
    This could be an argument. What percentage are refusing and stratify that according to level of training. Is it 80% of the Infectious Disease docs or 10% of the nurse's aids? Would be nice to know.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.

So what was your old screen name?

1gunaholic

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 10, 2021
    Central Indiana
    Unvaxxed here, got sick 3 weeks ago. The job site wants proof of negative tests. I was only down for 36 hrs. Took the rest of the week off. Now I'm doing sides jobs making 3x the money. F me.. yea sure. Lol luckily my employer has my back. Life is good. Covid fear is for the birds

Last edited:

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    "Got sick"
    Not Covid, just sick.

"Covid fear is for the birds"
    Still sick - mentally.
    Ok so you’ve been here 3 days, in the last half hour you’ve already called members liars and sick in the head and you really expect me to believe this is a new account? Seriously who where you before the hammer?

1gunaholic

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 10, 2021
    Central Indiana
    Ok so you’ve been here 3 days, in the last half hour you’ve already called members liars and sick in the head and you really expect me to believe this is a new account? Seriously who where you before the hammer?
    You don't have to be a former INGOer to express your opinions, do you? Sounds to me like you want to censor opinions and/or "can't handle the truth."
    Get over it.

1gunaholic

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 10, 2021
    Central Indiana
    Well no matter what your beliefs, this is not the appropriate thread.
    I beg to differ. This IS an appropriate thread to discuss C-19. Where else would you take it? Please note that I did not start the thread. I just joined the conversation. Too many others here in a battle of wits with no ammunition.

Last edited:

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I have been affected in 2 ways.

1. My wife & I both got sick with it, as did our oldest. Sucks being sick.
    Oh well, there was 1,000 ways to get sick before... now there's 1,001 ways to get sick.

2. This is much worse than getting sick. A bunch of power hungry maniacs are using it to destroy the country I spent almost my entire adult life protecting. They have managed to convince half the nation this is the plague that will kill us all, and are using that fear to amass great wealth, and political power. The entire world follows suit. Insanity rules...

Top Bottom