• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I think it's a third. They mistakenly believe they are putting patients at risk but having unvax staff. Classic example of doing the wrong thing for a justifiable reason.
    That's probably a good argument for having to have hospital administrators be actual doctors and not business administrators.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    That's probably a good argument for having to have hospital administrators be actual doctors and not business administrators.
    The lawyers rule the roost. They set so many policies that make zero sense. I'd post but probably not in my best interest.

There is a huge number of people who either flat out refuse to come to the hospital or delay because they think it's crawling with COVID.

Say a patient picks up COVID in the hospital and dies. And that hospital did not require its employees to be vaccinated. Maybe Hough can weigh in here, but i have to imagine that would look bad in a malpractice case, since those are decided by juries who probably believe the nonsense

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The lawyers rule the roost. They set so many policies that make zero sense. I'd post but probably not in my best interest.

There is a huge number of people who either flat out refuse to come to the hospital or delay because they think it's crawling with COVID.

Say a patient picks up COVID in the hospital and dies. And that hospital did not require its employees to be vaccinated. Maybe Hough can weigh in here, but i have to imagine that would look bad in a malpractice case, since those are decided by juries who probably believe the nonsense
    Sadly, I'm sure you're right. Doesn't change my stance much though. Lawyers shouldn't be making best practice medical decisions either, other than their specialty of covering asses. But they have creams for that I think. ;)

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    My SIL got it. She's in her 20s but has a host of co-morbidities and ended up hospitalized. She was an organ recipient as a toddler due to kidney and liver function and has been in poor health most of her life. She is diabetic as well, and doesn't manage it well. The oxygen deprivation from COVID put a strain on her organs that started a downward spiral she can't recover from and systems just keep shutting down. She's to the point she's on dialysis and she's blind.

For those of you who were around and remember, she featured fairly prominently in my thread about living in, and revisiting, the Middle East: https://www.indianagunowners.com/th...rom-my-time-living-in-the-middle-east.387856/

The revisit starts around post #129.

Other than that, nothing major. I didn't get to participate in the Bataan Memorial Death March since it got cancelled the day I flew out. It postponed our last trip out of the country by over a year and added stress to the trip. It let us get through passport control in Chicago at record speed since foreigners couldn't enter....so that was nice. It taught my wife I wasn't a paranoid lunatic for wanting a stockpile of basic necessities in the house and now she helps rotate stocks, etc, which is also nice.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I had a private trumpet teacher that had Bell's Palsy back when I was in middle school or maybe as a freshman in high school, but he gave me the impression that it was a permanent condition. He had it for at least a year, whatever it was, but he did say it was Bell's Palsy.

Naturally, he could no longer play trumpet, but it was like one whole side of his face was droopy.
    I think it is a general term for loss of control on one side of the face due to nerve issues. It can be permanent from an injury or illness, but when it comes on out of nowhere, it is usually due to a virus and is temporary. I had to where an eye patch when sleeping because I could not close my eye. I never had droop, but I could not move anything on that side at all. I think the droop develops over time as facial muscle tone is lost.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    My SIL got it. She's in her 20s but has a host of co-morbidities and ended up hospitalized. She was an organ recipient as a toddler due to kidney and liver function and has been in poor health most of her life. She is diabetic as well, and doesn't manage it well. The oxygen deprivation from COVID put a strain on her organs that started a downward spiral she can't recover from and systems just keep shutting down. She's to the point she's on dialysis and she's blind.

For those of you who were around and remember, she featured fairly prominently in my thread about living in, and revisiting, the Middle East: https://www.indianagunowners.com/th...rom-my-time-living-in-the-middle-east.387856/

The revisit starts around post #129.

Other than that, nothing major. I didn't get to participate in the Bataan Memorial Death March since it got cancelled the day I flew out. It postponed our last trip out of the country by over a year and added stress to the trip. It let us get through passport control in Chicago at record speed since foreigners couldn't enter....so that was nice. It taught my wife I wasn't a paranoid lunatic for wanting a stockpile of basic necessities in the house and now she helps rotate stocks, etc, which is also nice.

If you plan ahead, you're "paranoid".
    That is, until something happens.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    If you plan ahead, you're "paranoid".
    That is, until something happens.

In fairness, it wasn't really she thought I was paranoid. She thought it an unnecessary expense (I know) and she would pick supplies without replacing them because it was like a store she could go to without leaving the house. She'd say you can just replace it at the store, I'd say you can't count on the stores being open or having anything. Part of it is overcoming Inshallah mentality, but now she gets it.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Lot of stress and b/s. There was that 2 weeks I felt like dog **** with body aches the likes I have never had. Taste/smell were off and I had a serious sore throat for 3 days leading into it. Of course this was when we were being told the wuflu wasn’t in the us yet and we were still doing business trips and the like. Convention with vendors from across the globe all in Atlanta. Few months later tested positive for antibodies.

Wife’s had it rougher. She has severe asthma and masks restrict enough airflow that she almost passes out… even though Kirk says that’s a lie and my wife and I are liars.

Watched the country go to ****, people become so polarized over everything. I know I’m just tired. Tired of it. Tired of people. Tired of working. Tired of fighting to stay with it. Tired of getting out of bed to more of the same ****. I’m tired.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    This spray is effective against the covid 19.

https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/feds-seek-block-promotion-nasal-spray-against-covid-19

Xlear Natural Saline Nasal Spray with Xylitol, 1.5 fl oz Amazon product ASIN B000M4W2E6
    hopefully this may help someone.
    Wrong thread for your post. But that being said...

It is claimed to be effective in relieving symptom burden to those infected. And it may very well do that. Heck, I'd try it to relieve headaches and congestion if I got infected. Its ingredients seem safe, being mostly grapefruit seed extract, saline and Xylitol.

But being effective in alleviating symptoms is not the same as being effective against the virus. Tylenol will likely reduce your fever and help ease aches and pains if you have Covid, but it does diddly against the virus.

From the article:

“Our analysis suggests that nasal irrigations may shorten symptom duration and may have potential as a widely available and inexpensive intervention to reduce disease burden among those affected,” the researchers wrote in their findings.

“We would advocate the use of hypertonic nasal saline irrigations in non-hospitalized COVID-19 patients as a safe and inexpensive intervention to reduce symptom burden.”

Link to an actual study:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

It's theoretically possible that this could be a malpractice suit...which is all that is needed to drive policy.

However, from a nuts and bolts perspective, its awfully difficult to prove you got Covid from a specific staff member who is unvaccinated as opposed to everywhere else it is in society or from someone who is vaccinated. Therefore, a successful case would be a challenge and at least 4 years to a judgment.

Last edited:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I either haven't had it, or had such a mild case that I barely noticed. My GF who is late 40's with multiple comorbidities got it and was sick for 3 weeks, but never so bad that she needed to go to the hospital. Neither of us have had the jab and have no plans to. I was fortunate enough to get an exemption at work, at least for this year. Who knows about anything further? I'd hate to have to quit my job, but I will not get the jab, period.

I've lost all faith in multiple institutions, including my employer. I know longer believe anything the government or it's agencies put out, including it's mouthpiece the media. I also don't believe hospitals when it comes to COVID, due to them following mandates on the vaccine and on masks. I've read numerous studies proving that masks do zilch when it comes to an airborne virus. The fact that hospitals push masks and social distancing shows me that they are blindly following the government instead of choosing to drive change when they know this :poop: does nothing. I just read an article in our daily newsletter about Riley celebrating giving young children the jab and it made me want to throw up. I've also lost faith in a lot of my fellow Americans, who have become indoctrinated sheep blindly following all of these mandates instead of pushing back. I'm very sad to see how fear has brought us to this point and I pray to God that people can start waking up and realizing how our freedoms are slipping away.

The only thing good about this whole fiasco is being able to work from home permanently. Since starting in Information Security 8 years ago I've always enjoyed a couple of days a week of working remotely. It didn't take long for me to start questioning why we had to go into the office at all. When COVID lockdowns hit, we were able to work from home permanently and our management realized that not only did it work for us, we did better than being in the office. They decided over a year ago that we could stay working remote. Of course now the executives are starting to make noise that they want people back in the office, but that ship has sailed for me. If they push and want people back in the office I'll bail. There are plenty of remote positions available now and I don't think I'll ever go back to a position where I'm forced to drive in and sit in a cubicle all day.

topash

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Anywhere
    I retired the first of April 2020 and have stayed home as much as possible since. My wife and I are both high risk with any kind of respiratory illness so we are vaxed. Multiple family members have had Covid and all survived it. My sister in law had to get the infusion. Several friends and people we knew have passed on with it. Staying home away from crowds suits me just fine. I just putter around on my thirty acres and shoot or fish whenever I want.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Wife’s had it rougher. She has severe asthma and masks restrict enough airflow that she almost passes out… even though Kirk says that’s a lie and my wife and I are liars.
    There is a mask that is mesh. You can see through it if you hold it up to light but when you put it on, one can't tell how open it really is. Feels like you don't even have a mask on.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Stopped traveling and eating out as much, wear plastic gloves at the gas pumps, spray my hands after a store visit. The crooks where I worked jumped on board with all the FREE $$$, claimed in local paper we were shutting down and moving to another state becasue of Covid, even though we had the best year ever and working overtime all through 2020, they saw it as a oppurtunity for the move, they got FREE $$$ to moved everything away and got FREE $$$$ to give us severance. Job ended in Feb. 2021, was hoping to get a few more years but oh well. Made me change my mind on Trump for taking us into this huge debt and giving out all this FREE $$$$. Haven't been sick but have had family get it, I fully expect to get it at some point because its never going away ever, I won't get the vax, too many lies....there something in this vax that is harmful or they wouldn't be pushing it this hard to the point you lose your job, my wife will most likely lose her job at her hospital over this garbage soon also. I won't bow to these demonic government mandates......they have takin enough away from this country, they don't get my soul also. The fact that masks don't work and they mandated them was enough for me to know that I know more than they do. 14 days to flatten the curve....idiots.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

FWIW, I don't think either of you is a liar. I don't know the exchange you had with Kirk, but I suspect there are two different arguments taking place here. I assume Kirk said a mask can't restrict that much airflow. Physically he is correct, assuming the mask isn't so tight it's deforming your wife's nose and isn't something ridiculous like a plastic mask with a small filter insert. If your wife is able to stand up on our own and walk without supplemental oxygen, her respiratory system is not so on the edge that a cloth mask will restrict airflow enough to cause issues. That does not mean a mask can't cause issues by other means. The primary being a feeling of claustrophobia that spikes her stress response, triggering her asthma and then spiraling.

I base this on my training/education in both emergency medicine and in hazardous material handling/emergency response.

Top Bottom