• 1gunaholic

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 10, 2021
    Central Indiana
    I have been affected in 2 ways.

1. My wife & I both got sick with it, as did our oldest. Sucks being sick.
    Oh well, there was 1,000 ways to get sick before... now there's 1,001 ways to get sick.

2. This is much worse than getting sick. A bunch of power hungry maniacs are using it to destroy the country I spent almost my entire adult life protecting. They have managed to convince half the nation this is the plague that will kill us all, and are using that fear to amass great wealth, and political power. The entire world follows suit. Insanity rules...
    Sell that to the families of the 759,000 Americans who have died from C-19.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I beg to differ. This IS an appropriate thread to discuss C-19. Where else would you take it? Please note that I did not start the thread. I just joined the conversation. Too many others here in a battle of witts with no ammunition.
    This is a thread to discuss how it has affected you.

I'd suggest that anyone questioning the validity of the efficacy talk to the nurses and doctors that are on the front line. Too much mis-information out there reporting a high % of vaccinated people getting C-19. Not true at all.

Get vax, or get C-19. Period.
    This post has nothing to do with how it has affected you.

Just trying to warn a new person, Anyways carry on.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ExxlcRjWEAIMlqe.jpg

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Covid took my mother. My Step Father is still recovering from being on a ventilator. My in-laws both had it with mother in law hospitalized. I have had it but no hospitalization. Somehow I didn’t give it to my wife (thank God). My younger sister had it and developed pneumonia but eventually recovered without serious after effects. These are all separate events with only spouses infecting other spouse. Not some giant family event causing it.

Nothing political here just the facts. About half my family is vaccinated and half not. My mother who passed and the others who spent time in the hospital were all unvaccinated.

Edit: just found out my sister in law has it. She is vaccinated FWIW.

Last edited:

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Sell that to the families of the 759,000 Americans who have died from C-19.
    Not even gonna try... Like I said, "insanity rules".

They are selling fear, and are doing it by pumping up the numbers.
    I know a lot of people have died from it, but I'm also sure that those numbers are much less than what's being reported.
    Numbers are being inflated to increase fear, and gain more control.

Not gonna change my mind, don't even try.
    You believe what you want, I'll believe what I want.
    That's what "freedom" is.

1gunaholic

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 10, 2021
    Central Indiana
    Not even gonna try... Like I said, "insanity rules".

They are selling fear, and are doing it by pumping up the numbers.
    I know a lot of people have died from it, but I'm also sure that those numbers are much less than what's being reported.
    Numbers are being inflated to increase fear, and gain more control.

Not gonna change my mind, don't even try.
    You believe what you want, I'll believe what I want.
    That's what "freedom" is.
    "I'm also sure that those numbers are much less than what's being reported."

You probably believe the world is flat, too.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I beg to differ. This IS an appropriate thread to discuss C-19. Where else would you take it? Please note that I did not start the thread. I just joined the conversation. Too many others here in a battle of witts with no ammunition.

No, it isn't. This is how it has affected you. Like personal stories, etc. There's several threads about vaccines, mandates, what's science, what's voodoo, etc.

Not to mention you can start a thread on baseball cleats on this forum and eventually someone will bring up COVID or politics. It's tiresome.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    I'm being threatened with a jab or job ultimatum (federal contractor with feckless leadership).

We might have had it, who knows. We've all been sick a few times in the last 18 months but never got tested because we weren't that sick, and we don't believe this is the second coming of the black death.

I've known maybe one person who's died from covid, and that was more a friend of friends who I've only been around a few times. The only others I "know" have been friends\family\acquaintances of people I know. Both brothers families have had it, and they recovered.

Otherwise, I'm watching this destroy freedom and individual autonomy around the world because most people are too stupid and easily manipulated by authoritarians peddling fear as a means to control using every psychological tool at their disposal to realize theyre being led into modern day serfdom. I thought the good ole US of A would be different, but I guess I was wrong. We seem to have as many stupid people as everyone else.

Last edited:

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Here for 2 days, and already delivering condescension, calling members liars and idiots. Add to that the attitude of “I’m right and my perspective is the only right one and if you disagree, then you’re a moron”. Sounds like a great addition to the board.

Seriously this ******** is happening way too often lately.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Hasn't really affected me at all so far other than a bunch of my favorite restaurants have closed for good.

Lost my MIL (80ish years old) to it (supposedly). She got pneumonia but has had it several time before all this started.

A bunch of my friends have had it and recovered, most in their late 50's and mid 60's.
    Two of my pool league teamates had it, one was hospitalized a week after getting C19 but he had diabetes (unknown to him until then) and the other barely knew he had it, only found out via testing.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Here for 2 days, and already delivering condescension, calling members liars and idiots. Add to that the attitude of “I’m right and my perspective is the only right one and if you disagree, then you’re a moron”. Sounds like a great addition to the board.

Covid is a very divisive topic. Personally I follow the elevator rule. Don’t say something from behind a keyboard that you wouldn’t say to someone’s face in an elevator.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    No, it isn't. This is how it has affected you. Like personal stories, etc. There's several threads about vaccines, mandates, what's science, what's voodoo, etc.

Not to mention you can start a thread on baseball cleats on this forum and eventually someone will bring up COVID or politics. It's tiresome.
    Or food. Lots of diversions off into food. I'm sitting here planning Thanksgiving dinner via email with my mom and sister. I'm drooling thinking about the menu.

1gunaholic

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 10, 2021
    Central Indiana

Why does it matter how long someone is "here?"

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Honestly, not much of an impact here.

I know a few folks that had it, but was just a nasty "bug", and they have fully recovered. I may have had it early on, but never took a antibody test to find out. Only know of one person in my "circle" that had a bad go with it, but that is all 3rd or 4th person (the husband of a friend of my wife's friend, that I have never met).

Other than all of the social/political nonsense we ALL have to deal with, my only new annoyance is some upcoming travel for work. Gotta get a rapid test a few days before. After that, all of our corporate rules are the same for both vaccinated and non-, so it doesn't really matter.

Top Bottom