• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kerwin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2015
    Hammond
    4 years and 9 posts. I think we have a runner here fellas.

Kerwin, a bunch of us NWI folk hang out here NWI INGO General Post part 16, just go to the end and say HI.

IKR? I'm putting a lot of time and effort into keeping this site interesting and wish ya'll would step up!

Anyhow, what little online time I can spend usually goes into FB. Somewhere I asked for the ingo thread emails and for some reason I decided to post.

Citizen711

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Fishers
    I *Attempt* to correct the term 'Gun' for 'Firearm'

And in the next breath you suggest a gun that "runs". If we're picking nits, I'd say their "error" was more correct. What's the name of this website, again? My truck runs. My chainsaw runs. My guns work. Maybe if they were full auto or something...

Gaffer

Shhhh.......
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    Southern IN
    Well, guns and running do go together. There are starter guns that start runners, there is running with a gun, and of course, gun runners. But I guess none of these actually use a "gun that runs" :>)

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    "So I'm in line at this burger joint trying to get some food and some lady starts ranting and harassing me because I carry a gun.
    I'm diabetic and my blood sugar was dangerously low and I get kind of wobbly and *****y when I'm out of balance.
    I yelled back at the she devil to leave me alone and go bother someone else.
    All the while this is going on there was some sketchy looking dude just giving me an intense stare from across the restaurant, almost like he was undressing me with his eyes.
    I could just make out that he had his hands in his lap under the table and was fondling something, it could have been anything but I have my suspicions.
    He got up and left shortly after the encounter, he must have finished whatever he was doing under the table and decided to make a hasty exit, which was good because I was creeped out."
    7/10.

Points for the fondling under the table. :laugh:

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    7/10.

Points for the fondling under the table. :laugh:

The low score you gave suggests you might be of German or Russian heritage with experience as an Olympic judge. ;) He should get at least an extra point for brevity, which is a subtle but profound juxtaposition.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    wTU5SqC.gif

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Long time OC, short time poster. After all the crazy stories, theories, videos about OC I was expecting more from my own experience. It's been a whole lot of nothing. In a lot of years of doing it, I've been asked honest questions twice, kicked out of a store once, and complimented twice.

I'm kinda quiet and I grew up in the country so my invisibility shield is pretty strong sometimes. I'm also white, middle-class and often have my teenagers with me when I'm out in public. Maybe I'm just doing this OC thing wrong? It's not as exciting as people want to make it. IDK.

Your experience is similar to most of ours. It's mostly a non-issue and often when an open carrier has a problem, it was initiated by something other than the presence of a visible gun.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I have my gun of choice, it's summer, and harder to conceal. I prefer to conceal. But it's not a deal breaker.
    Wearing shorts Sunday, I open carried. The security guard at Shoppers World was shadowing my wife and I and our granddaughter. I was wondering if I was breaking a no weapons policy. So we went straight to the men's department to find some shorts with pockets large enough to conceal a 1911.

Fixed it.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The low score you gave suggests you might be of German or Russian heritage with experience as an Olympic judge. ;) He should get at least an extra point for brevity, which is a subtle but profound juxtaposition.

To get above 7 requires tying some of the OP's other missives here on INGO.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    To get above 7 requires tying some of the OP's other missives here on INGO.

“When I left the burger joint the sketchy dude was out in the parking lot talking to two skinhead dudes. I overheard talk of buying
    automatic weapons from sketchy dude. I was right to be wary of him.”

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    Glad to see the children are entertaining themselves.

Mr. OC had a year out of date permit, his firearm was arrested.
    Neither soccer mom had a valid driver's licence and had to walk home.
    The police knew all three from previous encounters, this wasn't the first time any of the three had done stupid stuff.

All three got no trespassing order from Burger Doodle.

The chief recognized me from the video and called me, mostly because his Ruger M77 developed optic issues, what happens when you use a $29 bubble pack optic from Wally-World.
    That problem is being corrected with another nothing special, way too cheap optic, but at least the mounts are aligned this time...

He also told me about the OC guy hanging around the grade school that got a 4 alarm response,
    Guy was waiting for his kids to get out, but leaning on the post with the 'School Zone, No Weapons' sign, on school property, and a patrol officer assigned to the school saw the OC...
    And the OC guy that decided to march into a court room with his firearm in the last month.

Seems reading English and/or common sense isn't required to get a permit in Indiana...

Since the chief is CLO and has to sign off on permits, Mr. Burger Doodle OC won't be getting a permit renewed, and since the video show him touching the soccer mom, the entire thing is now in the hands of the county prosecutor.
    He *Might* be in a cell next to his beloved firearm...

And NO, to the fiction I 'Whip Out' or 'Draw Down On' someone with my own carry,
    It's called concealment for a reason.
    Concealment keeps all those 'Negative Interactions' to a maximum of zero.

AND, I'm not running a gun shop...
    When someone armed *CHOOSES* to ignore the sign & sand barrel in the middle of the sidewalk, clearly saying to clear ALL weapons,
    And if I don't know you, you haven't called ahead (by appointment only), then YUP! I'm meeting you at the door.
    All you have to do is remove magazine/ammo and clear the firearm...
    It's my property, I make the rules, and if you can't follow those rules, be gone, you are just wasting both our time.

No different than some random stranger rolling up on any of you with a firearm, at your own home or non-public place of business.

Even when someone actually reads English and calls ahead, seeing if they use the clearing barrel let's me know what kind of person I'm dealing with.
    Life is too short to deal with self entitled, stupid people, they are always way too high maintenance.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    One thing I heard an instructor say in one of the self-defense classes I took is that if you're going to carry (he didn't specify but I would think it applies to open or concealed), then you remain cognizant of the fact that you are carrying. That means staying emotionally detached, not getting involved in escalating arguments, avoiding any possible scenario in which you could be perceived as the aggressor. You want to be perceived as the guy who did everything he could do to avoid an altercation. If that situation ever evolves into an actual self-defense shooting, you don't want the prosecutor making a case that you were an aggressor.

Besides, if you're carrying, you should be the guy with the calm head anyway, always, regardless of whether you OC or conceal. There is just something about a guy who gets easily spun up that makes me question whether he is mature enough to carry a weapon. Ignore. Walk away. Be Mr. Nice. However you want to handle it. But whatever you do, don't let your emotions rule you, especially when carrying.

Top Bottom