• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    One thing I heard an instructor say in one of the self-defense classes I took is that if you're going to carry (he didn't specify but I would think it applies to open or concealed), then you remain cognizant of the fact that you are carrying. That means staying emotionally detached, not getting involved in escalating arguments, avoiding any possible scenario in which you could be perceived as the aggressor. You want to be perceived as the guy who did everything he could do to avoid an altercation. If that situation ever evolves into an actual self-defense shooting, you don't want the prosecutor making a case that you were an aggressor.

Besides, if you're carrying, you should be the guy with the calm head anyway, always, regardless of whether you OC or conceal. There is just something about a guy who gets easily spun up that makes me question whether he is mature enough to carry a weapon. Ignore. Walk away. Be Mr. Nice. However you want to handle it. But whatever you do, don't let your emotions rule you, especially when carrying.

If I read you correctly, walking around, low ready isn't the way to go, then?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    WnHt6AN.png

Top Bottom