• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Mr. OC had a year out of date permit, his firearm was arrested.
    Given that we've had lifetime Larry's for at least a decade, I call :bs:.

Oh, did they put the gun in 'cuffs?

The chief recognized me from the video and called me, mostly because his Ruger M77 developed optic issues, what happens when you use a $29 bubble pack optic from Wally-World.
    That problem is being corrected with another nothing special, way too cheap optic, but at least the mounts are aligned this time...
    So how does he react when you meet him at the shop door low ready?

Seems reading English and/or common sense isn't required to get a permit in Indiana...
    It's not, because we don't have them.

Geez, you're critical about the term "firearm", but then toss out "permit"? :n00b:

Since the chief is CLO and has to sign off on permits, Mr. Burger Doodle OC won't be getting a permit renewed, and since the video show him touching the soccer mom, the entire thing is now in the hands of the county prosecutor.
    Where are you getting this? AFAIK, CLEO sign-off is a thing of the past, except for maybe FFL01.

He *Might* be in a cell next to his beloved firearm...
    Did you assume the gun's gender?!

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    WnHt6AN.png

Got you yesterday, you'll have to wait a while.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Glad to see the children are entertaining themselves.

Mr. OC had a year out of date permit, his firearm was arrested.
    Neither soccer mom had a valid driver's licence and had to walk home.
    The police knew all three from previous encounters, this wasn't the first time any of the three had done stupid stuff.

All three got no trespassing order from Burger Doodle.

The chief recognized me from the video and called me, mostly because his Ruger M77 developed optic issues, what happens when you use a $29 bubble pack optic from Wally-World.
    That problem is being corrected with another nothing special, way too cheap optic, but at least the mounts are aligned this time...

He also told me about the OC guy hanging around the grade school that got a 4 alarm response,
    Guy was waiting for his kids to get out, but leaning on the post with the 'School Zone, No Weapons' sign, on school property, and a patrol officer assigned to the school saw the OC...
    And the OC guy that decided to march into a court room with his firearm in the last month.

Seems reading English and/or common sense isn't required to get a permit in Indiana...

Since the chief is CLO and has to sign off on permits, Mr. Burger Doodle OC won't be getting a permit renewed, and since the video show him touching the soccer mom, the entire thing is now in the hands of the county prosecutor.
    He *Might* be in a cell next to his beloved firearm...

And NO, to the fiction I 'Whip Out' or 'Draw Down On' someone with my own carry,
    It's called concealment for a reason.
    Concealment keeps all those 'Negative Interactions' to a maximum of zero.

AND, I'm not running a gun shop...
    When someone armed *CHOOSES* to ignore the sign & sand barrel in the middle of the sidewalk, clearly saying to clear ALL weapons,
    And if I don't know you, you haven't called ahead (by appointment only), then YUP! I'm meeting you at the door.
    All you have to do is remove magazine/ammo and clear the firearm...
    It's my property, I make the rules, and if you can't follow those rules, be gone, you are just wasting both our time.

No different than some random stranger rolling up on any of you with a firearm, at your own home or non-public place of business.

Even when someone actually reads English and calls ahead, seeing if they use the clearing barrel let's me know what kind of person I'm dealing with.
    Life is too short to deal with self entitled, stupid people, they are always way too high maintenance.
    I don't answer my door with a gun pointed at someone. Even if I don't know them or they didn't call ahead. That actually makes sound more unhinged than anything else you've posted so far. I'm sure that is how the police know you. And if the police chief doesn't know how to mount a red dot/scope, or have literally anyone else on that department that can't either, I guarantee I never want to go there. That's actually easier than reading an expiration date on a carry permit.
    Note to self, stay away from entire county JeepHammer stays at. Guns pointed at innocent people and an entire department that doesn't know how to mount optics.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    You are supposed to fire 16+1 in the sand barrel to slide lock and then enter.

That would require me to reload after the first 9.

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    Thirty years in law enforcement, and I've never arrested an object. Maybe I was doing it wrong?

30 years in law enforcement, and THAT'S what you took away from it? :rolleyes:

One thing I heard an instructor say in one of the self-defense classes I took is that if you're going to carry (he didn't specify but I would think it applies to open or concealed), then you remain cognizant of the fact that you are carrying. That means staying emotionally detached, not getting involved in escalating arguments, avoiding any possible scenario in which you could be perceived as the aggressor. You want to be perceived as the guy who did everything he could do to avoid an altercation. If that situation ever evolves into an actual self-defense shooting, you don't want the prosecutor making a case that you were an aggressor.

Besides, if you're carrying, you should be the guy with the calm head anyway, always, regardless of whether you OC or conceal. There is just something about a guy who gets easily spun up that makes me question whether he is mature enough to carry a weapon. Ignore. Walk away. Be Mr. Nice. However you want to handle it. But whatever you do, don't let your emotions rule you, especially when carrying.

GOSPEL!

Yup, exactly what I was taught by actual professionals, and what I teach.
    Watch the hands, don't get emotionally involved, watch the hands, check the backstop, watch the hands, get an angle if possible, watch the hands, check your stance, WATCH THE HANDS!

WAY TOO MANY guys letting the firearm carry them instead of them carrying a firearm...

If I focus on the firearm before the carrier, the hair on my neck stands up.
    It's always the same, hand cannon in some dopy 'Gunfighter' rig hanging out and away from his body, or the 'Boyz In Da Hood' sticking out of the belt in front, those guys ALWAYS turn out to be loud/rude swaggering A-hole with his shooter front & center... just makes my skin crawl.

When it's 'Joe Average', calm, reasonably polite, reasonably normal, waiting like the rest of us, I usually don't notice the OC right away, particularly if it's tucked back as daily carry guys usually do, it doesn't bother me near as much.

I was talking with a military buddy just a few minutes ago, and he sees the same thing, I guess it's a 'Trend' or a 'Fad'.
    He says it does the same thing to him, and his explanation was it's all the 3rd world crap holes we were in where the swaggering idiots with firearms front and center were the 'Bad Guys'...
    Nothing like an early teen to mid 30's acting erratically, blasted out of his brain on drugs packing automatic weapons to put you on edge, he says it's the same feeling he gets.

We discussed the possibility of it being PTSD, but I have to go with the self preservation instincts kicking in.
    If the guy looks & acts like he's looking for trouble, and/or he's wearing the shooter to be intimidating, the mindset is different than if it's Joe average going about his business and just happens to be carrying.

If I can't be dead calm, rational and reasonably polite, I'll just be gone...
    But this is INGO, so you take crap for that too...

It's common for the 'Joe Average' carriers (concealed or not) to be polite, almost disarming (no pun intended).
    I *Usually* figure out they are carrying, but nothing about the mannerisms gives away they are carrying.
    They usually aren't packing some 6", nickel plated hand cannon or the latest 'Tacti-Cool' hand cannon, you have to watch for the firearm, not have it waving in your face...

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I don't answer my door with a gun pointed at someone. Even if I don't know them or they didn't call ahead. That actually makes sound more unhinged than anything else you've posted so far. I'm sure that is how the police know you. And if the police chief doesn't know how to mount a red dot/scope, or have literally anyone else on that department that can't either, I guarantee I never want to go there. That's actually easier than reading an expiration date on a carry permit.
    Note to self, stay away from entire county JeepHammer stays at. Guns pointed at innocent people and an entire department that doesn't know how to mount optics.

Pretty sure he lives in hazzard county, and I don’t think boss hog would appreciate you questioning how he runs his county.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    30 years in law enforcement, and THAT'S what you took away from it? :rolleyes:

GOSPEL!

Yup, exactly what I was taught by actual professionals, and what I teach.
    Watch the hands, don't get emotionally involved, watch the hands, check the backstop, watch the hands, get an angle if possible, watch the hands, check your stance, WATCH THE HANDS!

WAY TOO MANY guys letting the firearm carry them instead of them carrying a firearm...

If I focus on the firearm before the carrier, the hair on my neck stands up.
    It's always the same, hand cannon in some dopy 'Gunfighter' rig hanging out and away from his body, or the 'Boyz In Da Hood' sticking out of the belt in front, those guys ALWAYS turn out to be loud/rude swaggering A-hole with his shooter front & center... just makes my skin crawl.

When it's 'Joe Average', calm, reasonably polite, reasonably normal, waiting like the rest of us, I usually don't notice the OC right away, particularly if it's tucked back as daily carry guys usually do, it doesn't bother me near as much.

I was talking with a military buddy just a few minutes ago, and he sees the same thing, I guess it's a 'Trend' or a 'Fad'.
    He says it does the same thing to him, and his explanation was it's all the 3rd world crap holes we were in where the swaggering idiots with firearms front and center were the 'Bad Guys'...
    Nothing like an early teen to mid 30's acting erratically, blasted out of his brain on drugs packing automatic weapons to put you on edge, he says it's the same feeling he gets.

We discussed the possibility of it being PTSD, but I have to go with the self preservation instincts kicking in.
    If the guy looks & acts like he's looking for trouble, and/or he's wearing the shooter to be intimidating, the mindset is different than if it's Joe average going about his business and just happens to be carrying.

If I can't be dead calm, rational and reasonably polite, I'll just be gone...
    But this is INGO, so you take crap for that too...

It's common for the 'Joe Average' carriers (concealed or not) to be polite, almost disarming (no pun intended).
    I *Usually* figure out they are carrying, but nothing about the mannerisms gives away they are carrying.
    They usually aren't packing some 6", nickel plated hand cannon or the latest 'Tacti-Cool' hand cannon, you have to watch for the firearm, not have it waving in your face...

There is nothing dead calm or rational about answering your door in a low ready position. Nothing. That's paranoid BS period. Be aware? Sure. Drawing your [STRIKE]weapon[/STRIKE] oops, sorry... FIREARM... because someone came to your door? Um, no.

JeepHammer in the shower?

cookieinshower.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom