• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Ranger, I agree 100%, if you think you can, then you can... if you think not, then you are doomed(or worse), from the begining... POSITIVE, CAN DO ATTITUDE WINS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

It may be a technicality but I think IF YOU CAN then you will THINK YOU CAN and THEN you get a can do attitude.

That's not cocky, that's fact.

Cocky is for gamblers not experts.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    I caught up on both episodes last night and I must say I am enjoying the show very much. I did get tired of Brads excuses, bragging and "know more than the instructors" attitude and found myself hoping he'd lose the challenge so I wouldn't have to endure another episode of his complaining.

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    I liked this episode. I own a glock and I carry the 92f.....I shoot expert with it for Military quals every time. So I didn't like him saying that just let all you Glock haters have something else to hate about Glocks :)

I do have to say that those tubes looked hard as hell to shoot. I've also been reading everyone getting upset about the attitudes and so on, well it is TV and it is supposed to be entertaining, showing off and the like go hand in hand for TV.

What really really shocks me is that it was hosted in Cali....I mean hell they could have done it in Arizona.

I'm still rooting for Ahab/Caleb.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    the place for being humble is when your rich and you dont wanna make people with less feal like crap.

when on a gun forum or in a shooting competition and some guy who doesnt know what the heck they are talking about other than what theyve read in a gun magazine, is talking smack to people who have seen the elephant or are everyday shooting competitors. Then i dont see anything wrong with putting them in their place, back in their easy chair. thats not the place for humility in my opinion as long as what your saying is true based on real world experience.

ROTFLMAO! Careful there, that's got to be some kind of violation on this forum.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    "I only shoot Mathews carbon fiber bows, this wooden longbow sucks because I can't hit anything with it" said Brad.

:popcorn:

LOL Ok if that's what he said someone needs to educate him. I'm an avid bow hunter and I don't think any company has come out with a Carbon Fiber Bow yet, arrows yes, but not a bow.

I'm also looking forward to seeing who has the largest arm bruise after they shoot a long bow! If you're not used to shooting a bow, or never even done it, you are gonna string whap your arm!

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I don't know about the rest of you guys but I want to do the zip line shooting, I wouldn't hit anything but it would be fun.

I shoot from the seat of my tractor while mowing grass quite a lot. May be not as exciting as a zip line but I bet you'd be surprised how hard it is.

I'm already thinking about how to replicate a lot of this program just to see for my self how hard it really is.

An INGO Top Shot set up here in HNF is definately called for just to see some of these keyboard experts in action and I'm only about half caught up in the thread.

So far I see pistols, rifles, bow and arrow, shot guns and sling shots in the future...

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I want to punch that Brad guy in the face, Glock humpers are the most annoying people in the world.

ROTFL

"You have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later."

They say it's the thought that counts.:rockwoot:

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I shoot from the seat of my tractor while mowing grass quite a lot. May be not as exciting as a zip line but I bet you'd be surprised how hard it is.

I've tried to shoot from a moving vehicle once and I couldn't hit a 4x8 sheet of plywood and we were only going about 15mph, I can barely hit a man size moving target with a handgun.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I was disappointed that the Red team got to pick who sat out in the team competition. That pretty much guaranteed the best shooter would not participate. Don't get me wrong -- I would have made the same choice in their shoes, but I think it's a dumb rule. I'd rather they'd done the silly pick-a-name-out-of-the-ammo-box trick. I'm more interested in seeing great marksmen than the reality show nonsense.

Sounds like all that "I'd like to lose to the best shooter" bullS... went down the drain with the first flush, eh? lol.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008

I've tried to shoot from a moving vehicle once and I couldn't hit a 4x8 sheet of plywood and we were only going about 15mph, I can barely hit a man size moving target with a handgun.

I hit a beaver with my single six one time and thought it seemed pretty easy. I should have quit then but instead I had a few targets laying about I had set up as sort of a combat range and I was mowing around them. Man that must have been the unluckiest beaver that ever lived.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I hit a beaver with my single six one time and thought it seemed pretty easy. I should have quit then but instead I had a few targets laying about I had set up as sort of a combat range and I was mowing around them. Man that must have been the unluckiest beaver that ever lived.

I once saw my uncle shoot a lose bull on his farm at about 200 feet from a standing position with an open sighted 30-30, I thought that didn't look so hard, now I have a hard time hitting a man sized target with and open sighted rifle at 50 yards, thankfully I have a red dot scope on my rifle now.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    I'm an avid bow hunter and I don't think any company has come out with a Carbon Fiber Bow yet, arrows yes, but not a bow.

I have a 2003 or 2004 High Country carbon riser bow and I know they still make them. I think Hoyt or one of the other manufactures announced a new carbon bow this year.
    Mine weighted 2 1/2 pounds without sights and rest. Also riser doesn't get cold like alum. riser. You can wear lighter gloves in cold weather and bow hand doesn't get as cold.

Ahab

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    For what it's worth, the challenges are hard. For example, the rifle challenge - take a rifle that you've only shot a MAXIMUM of 5 rounds through EVER and now you have to hit an 8 inch target at 100 yards. Oh, but you can't do it on the range by yourself. You have to do it under pressure, knowing that your teammates are counting on you, with an HD camera inches from your face, with that thought in the back of your head constantly that literally millions of people are going to see this.

Or the Beretta challenge - take the cardboard out of a paper towel roll. Put that on a target stand 8 yards away. Now take a factory stock Beretta 92, and in less than 10 seconds you have to run 10 feet, pick up the gun, take it off safe, and shoot that bullet so it breaks a piece of glass in the back of the tube, put the gun back on safe and run back behind the line. If the bullet hits the tube but doesn't break the glass it's a miss. If it exits the tube before breaking the glass it's a miss. If it knocks the tube on the ground it's a miss.

It's not nearly as easy as we're making it look - even that "large" pistol target on the Beretta challenge was only 4 inches in diameter.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    For what it's worth, the challenges are hard. For example, the rifle challenge - take a rifle that you've only shot a MAXIMUM of 5 rounds through EVER and now you have to hit an 8 inch target at 100 yards. Oh, but you can't do it on the range by yourself. You have to do it under pressure, knowing that your teammates are counting on you, with an HD camera inches from your face, with that thought in the back of your head constantly that literally millions of people are going to see this.

Or the Beretta challenge - take the cardboard out of a paper towel roll. Put that on a target stand 8 yards away. Now take a factory stock Beretta 92, and in less than 10 seconds you have to run 10 feet, pick up the gun, take it off safe, and shoot that bullet so it breaks a piece of glass in the back of the tube, put the gun back on safe and run back behind the line. If the bullet hits the tube but doesn't break the glass it's a miss. If it exits the tube before breaking the glass it's a miss. If it knocks the tube on the ground it's a miss.

It's not nearly as easy as we're making it look - even that "large" pistol target on the Beretta challenge was only 4 inches in diameter.

try hitting a moving hole smaller than that after youve had a bottle of tequilla :):

Top Bottom