• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike_Indy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I agree, Brad's problem is Brad. He had practice time but used it poorly. Why on earth did he repeatedly shoot off three rounds at high speed AND ignore the coaching being provided??? Ego. But, in the end, he shot better so he gets to stay. That is what I like about the show. Unlike Survivor, it comes down to performance in the end.

IF brad is THAT unable to adjust to different weapons, he wont last long.

Next week, looks like I'd be toast. Bow and Arrow... Good luck. I've not shot one in many years.

tuoder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    Meridian-Kessler, Indianapolis
    I agree, Brad's problem is Brad. He had practice time but used it poorly. Why on earth did he repeatedly shoot off three rounds at high speed AND ignore the coaching being provided??? Ego. But, in the end, he shot better so he gets to stay. That is what I like about the show. Unlike Survivor, it comes down to performance in the end.

IF brad is THAT unable to adjust to different weapons, he wont last long.

Next week, looks like I'd be toast. Bow and Arrow... Good luck. I've not shot one in many years.

The clip they had of Brad speaking in the teaser for next week had him pretty angry about it. I wonder if it is just because he's terrible at it. When he screwed up before, he blamed it on the Beretta. He'll be using the same thought process on the longbow too, methinks.

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    The clip they had of Brad speaking in the teaser for next week had him pretty angry about it. I wonder if it is just because he's terrible at it. When he screwed up before, he blamed it on the Beretta. He'll be using the same thought process on the longbow too, methinks.

"I only shoot Mathews carbon fiber bows, this wooden longbow sucks because I can't hit anything with it" said Brad.

:popcorn:

DemolitionMan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Avon, IN
    Caleb is doing great. No talk only shooting.:D

I had to laugh as I was watching and trying to point out Caleb to my wife. "Look there he -- oh never mind. Wait he's next up, he's going to -- bang! Dang, where'd he go?"

Stop shooting so quickly, Caleb -- we can't see you! :D Of course we don't see much of the Blue team at all since Red is always facing elimination and therefore taking up half the episode.

I was disappointed that the Red team got to pick who sat out in the team competition. That pretty much guaranteed the best shooter would not participate. Don't get me wrong -- I would have made the same choice in their shoes, but I think it's a dumb rule. I'd rather they'd done the silly pick-a-name-out-of-the-ammo-box trick. I'm more interested in seeing great marksmen than the reality show nonsense.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I was disappointed that the Red team got to pick who sat out in the team competition. That pretty much guaranteed the best shooter would not participate. Don't get me wrong -- I would have made the same choice in their shoes, but I think it's a dumb rule. I'd rather they'd done the silly pick-a-name-out-of-the-ammo-box trick. I'm more interested in seeing great marksmen than the reality show nonsense.

I thought that was an interesting twist, although it didn't change the outcome. My wife and I thought the whole "nomination range" thing and the process for breaking the tie were a bit convoluted, but understand it adds to the (manufactured) "drama". If you don't want to see reality show nonsense, then a reality game show probably isn't the thing to be watching. :dunno:

My prediction: next week, it will be Blue team's turn to lose; no way Red is going to drop three in a row. That just wouldn't make for entertaining television...

Ahab

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    About the thumb cocking - we figured that the single action trigger pull is easier to manage for a tight shot - shooting those tubes at 8 yards isn't an easy shot! If we had been shooting big ol' USPSA metric targets or something, then sure, shoot it double action. But with those little targets, it just makes sense to take the extra second to get the hammer cocked.

Also, for a behind the scenes look at Episode two's win for Blue Team, check out the Anatomy of the Shot at History.com: Top Shot — Anatomy of a Shot: Relay Race — History.com Videos

DemolitionMan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Avon, IN
    If you don't want to see reality show nonsense, then a reality game show probably isn't the thing to be watching. :dunno:

The number of shows that involve marksmanship is very small, so I try to look past the nonsense. I have the same feeling about Biggest Loser -- I've been working on losing weight (60 lbs so far!) and so I watch that show for inspiration / tips. The overdone drama annoys the heck out of me though.

Top Shot is actually somewhat tame in comparison to Biggest Loser, so for now I'll keep watching. I will probably start watching it the same way though -- DVR'ing it and fastforwarding through all the blabbing and commercials to get to the good parts. :ar15:That should let me watch Top Shot in about 10-15 minutes....no offense, Caleb, just don't find all the backstabbing, whining, and politics interesting.

Now shooting at stuff while sliding on a zip line, that's entertainment!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2009
    In a fog
    Caleb,
    I've enjoyed the show. There are few shows that highlight marksmanship, and even with the reality show spin, Top shot is entertaining. I hope you enjoyed your participation as much as I enjoy watching. Can't wait to see the next episode.

Ahab

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    I did! I have told just about everyone that if the show is half as much fun to watch as it was to film, it will be a huge hit!

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Top Shot Season 1 - Episode 2 - Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Brad actually made a post on one of the later pages trying to explain his behavior.
    He came accross as a total adam henry on the show and his mea culpa seemed somewhat genuine. Bill the talk show dude seems like another jerk but the rest of the crew seem like really good folks.
    Would be interesting to see it with guys like Leatham, Burkett and Miculek in the mix.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I'd read a page or two of this thread so I watched this today. I had it recorded and just hadn't watched it yet.

Granted I only know what was on TV and I haven't read this thread yet but IMHO that was BS putting the kid Kelly on the block. He hadn't even taken a shot yet in competition. I'm glad he handed that old timer his arrogant "rear end" in the shoot off. Kelly looked to be a total team player in every thing I saw of him on screen and had logic behind his shooting strategy and suggestions in every thing I saw.

I think the "mature" guys tossed him out for cannon fodder because of his age and all that going against "the best shooter" was rationalisation BS.

The team, shooter and spotter, who blew it should have been on the block. I could have hit that with a Jennings J-22 with a rest from a hundred yards with out any spotter. If they had been working as a team the first 50 yard target would have been the spotter practice target and the next one should have been dead on the first, second shot at most.

30 shots? Pack yer bags blow hard. You were lucky it wasn't shooting back.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    the woman sucked. i hope she is next. i also didnt like the "good ole boy club" that wanted to keep mike around based soley on his rep. that made me mad, and showed me they probly didnt have combat experience, because in real life actions speak louder than words or reputation, or rank. Mike sucked under preasure, and it showed. The guy who spotted mike was telling it like it was, and i liked that, and would have expected the rest of the team to be with him. the kid, kelly wipped the floor with mike and i was thrilled. Also the spotting I saw in this episode sucked nutz. i hope the show gets better from here. I wonder how they found some of those people?

Sorry I'm just catchinng up from a week behind in the thread but YES. THIS 100%, every word.

Top Bottom