High-tech handgun with 'fingerprint and facial recognition biometrics' only shoots in the hands of authorized users

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Oh boy. Another “smart gun”. But this one “really works”.

MommaBean18

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2023
    Sunny Side of Louisville
    Yeah, they definitely need to work the kinks out first but I think they may have something here.

As long as you could program more than one person to it, like your spouse (or maybe not depending on your relationship, lol). That way a kid or the bad guy that may get ahold of it couldn’t shoot it.

Kurr

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jefferson County
    Yeah, they definitely need to work the kinks out first but I think they may have something here.

As long as you could program more than one person to it, like your spouse (or maybe not depending on your relationship, lol). That way a kid or the bad guy that may get ahold of it couldn’t shoot it.
    If it is electronic they will always be able to backdoor it and with the push of a button, it never shoots again.

Just like the electric vehichles. You only can drive it as long as they allow you to.

Those are one reason I am a hard "no".

MommaBean18

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2023
    Sunny Side of Louisville
    If it is electronic they will always be able to backdoor it and with the push of a button, it never shoots again.

Just like the electric vehichles. You only can drive it as long as they allow you to.

Didn’t think about that aspect of it. That’s why it’s nice to hear other people’s perspectives.

So yeah, wouldn’t want someone or something else to have control of my firearm.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Exactly. Even if we table the likelihood of a nefarious action, just think about getting the thing to recognize you when fractions of a second count. Anyone that’s used this feature on their cell phones know, when it works, it’s great. But sometimes…it just doesn’t work—for no apparent reason. I don’t think I need another failure mode to have to overcome in an emergency.

Dechrissen

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 17, 2023
    Vermillion County
    Cool. But don't forget, you will need to undergo the experimental Biofire NFC chip installation surgery in the palm of your hand to be eligible for this technology. Not covered by insurance.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Oh boy. Another “smart gun”. But this one “really works”.

iu

Top Bottom