High-tech handgun with 'fingerprint and facial recognition biometrics' only shoots in the hands of authorized users

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Just remember, there is a reason automotive braking systems are not fly by wire.
    Can you imagine approaching a stop sign and due to a glitch, the control computer reboots/resets for 5 seconds?

Didn't Toyota briefly have all functions on fly-by-wire? About 10 years ago, I remember hearing of several instances of families having their car suddenly decide it would be neat to go top speed, and not allow braking, shifting to neutral, or even turning off the engine.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Those fingerprint sensors work great on a phone. I always have time to clean the crud off that part of the phone and go wash my hands if needed and dry them a second time if they are still slightly wet and won't work. Needing to do that stuff - even once - is a complete hard pass with a handgun.

Last edited:

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Didn't Toyota briefly have all functions on fly-by-wire? About 10 years ago, I remember hearing of several instances of families having their car suddenly decide it would be neat to go top speed, and not allow braking, shifting to neutral, or even turning off the engine.
    Right, there are more brake-by-wire systems out there than most people realize.
    Toyota has been using them for over 10 years now along with many, if not most hybrids and EVs and Corvettes, some Audi, Nissan, etc.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Don’t worry, when all these “protections” fail at the most inopportune moment you”ll have to say:”Hold on a moment while I push control, alt, delete” and by that time you will be dead at the hands of some criminal! Thank you libtard idiot lawmakers who trample on the Constitution. God, please save us? :wallbash:

I Invented the Internet

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2022
    IN
    I pre-ordered one. Go ahead and roast me.:banana:I'm not the use-case Biofire had in mind, what with me being a rabid pro-2A person living alone. I'm just intrigued by firearms tech and its Judge Dredd appearance. It doesn't rely on wireless comms via some stupid wearable device and that alone is a plus in my view. As for my other guns, they will remain as irreplaceable and as dumb as their owner.

We all know that some politicians will inevitably view this as a pathway towards smart gun mandates such as what New Joisey tried some years ago, and I sincerely hope they all fail.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    It was a dark and stormy night and I was surrounded by a group of thugs intending to do me harm. As I pulled out my super duper electric ID pistol and see a wisp of blue smoke and several sparks fly out of it I knew my time had come….

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I pre-ordered one. Go ahead and roast me.:banana:I'm not the use-case Biofire had in mind, what with me being a rabid pro-2A person living alone. I'm just intrigued by firearms tech and its Judge Dredd appearance. It doesn't rely on wireless comms via some stupid wearable device and that alone is a plus in my view. As for my other guns, they will remain as irreplaceable and as dumb as their owner.

We all know that some politicians will inevitably view this as a pathway towards smart gun mandates such as what New Joisey tried some years ago, and I sincerely hope they all fail.
    I think you should buy what you want.

My problem is the politicians.

Well, that and I've spent a life repairing things. And the more complicated something is...

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    what gets me is their refusal allow independent reviews of them? Translation it’s not ready for prime time.
    Well, another indicator of that is that police and military ARE NOT rushing to buy them.
    After all, wouldn't it be great to have a gun someone couldn't take from you and shoot you?

Especially police, who operate in close proximity to people.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Well, another indicator of that is that police and military ARE NOT rushing to buy them.
    After all, wouldn't it be great to have a gun someone couldn't take from you and shoot you?

Especially police, who operate in close proximity to people.
    Agreed although there is some bureaucrat somewhere that thinks it would be a good idea.

I Invented the Internet

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2022
    IN
    what gets me is their refusal allow independent reviews of them? Translation it’s not ready for prime time.
    This guy doesn't work for them, claims he never received any money nor did he pay them anything, he also claims he's not even a "gun guy" so if he's not independent then where is the proof to the contrary?

I'm not trying to argue by the way, I guess I'm just trying to understand the resistance to something that might not suck. If it does, I'll put mine up for sale and take whatever loss comes my way.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    This guy claims he never received any money nor did he pay them anything, he also claims he's not even a "gun guy" so if he's not independent then where is the proof to the contrary?

I'm not trying to argue by the way, I guess I'm just trying to understand the resistance to something that might not suck. If it does, I'll put mine up for sale and take whatever loss comes my way.

For me not willing to be the test case. If it is such an innovation, why are they not getting one in the hands of some of the larger content producers ? Instead they put out a press release thats largely smoke and mirrors.

I am not sure that there is a resistance to the new technology as long as it works. Case in point my facial recognition has been disabled on my I Phone. Why because it has a large failure rate. And we’re talking about a phone here, not a sidearm.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    This guy doesn't work for them, claims he never received any money nor did he pay them anything, he also claims he's not even a "gun guy" so if he's not independent then where is the proof to the contrary?

I'm not trying to argue by the way, I guess I'm just trying to understand the resistance to something that might not suck. If it does, I'll put mine up for sale. and take whatever loss comes my way.

The gun part of the gun is a new platform. In the video I linked, it's unreliable at the moment. It likely will be reliable when you get yours.
    I realize it isn't finished. But they are showing off the tech when the mechanics aren't working properly.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I am not sure that there is a resistance to the new technology as long as it works. Case in point my facial recognition has been disabled on my I Phone. Why because it has a large failure rate. And we’re talking about a phone here, not a sidearm.
    I certainly have not done a chip-for-chip comparison but I would bet a lot that the processing power is a lot better in the phone than the gun, along with better optics, etc. So if the phone fails a lot - don't bother asking me to bet my life on the lesser deal.

Last edited:
    Reactions: wcd
    Top Bottom