• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    As raised a few times already, how do you pull the trigger on a pistol that's holstered? A holster would normally protect the trigger and prevent an inadvertent shot, even if the safety was accidently left off. Obviously something wrong with the way the article was written. I suspect the gun was not holstered, but just loose in his pocket.

What a dummy for fleeing the scene! If he had just stayed put, he would be in a lot less trouble and maybe even got to keep his permit. After fleeing, my bet he is no longer a proper person. :rolleyes:

Well, I saw a young guy at ACE with a weapon holstered in a IWB type. Problem was, he had his shirt tail stuck in the holster with the weapon.

that is a problem waiting to happen.

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    I can't imagine it going off if it was in a holster. There are 2 safeties he would of had to disengage to fire the gun. Hate seeing this type of story. makes us all look bad.

Doesn't say he had it in a holster, just says he had it holstered in his pants.
    Mexican carry maybe?

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Not a 1911. You can get a look at it in the video around the 0:30 mark. I don't know my Springfields, but I could see that it was one of the evil black models.

VikingWarlord

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 1, 2012
    Noblesville
    Well, I saw a young guy at ACE with a weapon holstered in a IWB type. Problem was, he had his shirt tail stuck in the holster with the weapon.

that is a problem waiting to happen.

Hope you told the guy. Probably didn't check himself after hitting the can. I'd imagine it's a lot like a woman getting her skirt tucked into her pantyhose.

Why run if all your guilty of is an accidental discharge?

My guess is being a black man with a gun in Texas.

ETA: It does look like an XD or XDm. Sounds like the reporter doesn't realize that it doesn't have a traditional thumb safety to leave off.

danimal

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    Unincorporated Lake County
    If it was an XD/m, how was his grip safety being depressed feeling around for his wallet? (if it was still functional)

Open-handed pat-down of the pockets when you're looking for something, carrying or not.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I EDC something that's best described as a 1911, and I'm starting to leave the safety off. It has a grip safety that makes it *gosh* equivalent to an XD/XDM. It's in a leather/kydex IWB at my 8 and the worst thing fumbling will do is release the magazine. Some people are just unfit for some things, and his reaction just confirms it.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom