• ...and so much more!
  • Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    When the text messages started rolling in, I tried…but every seat I found was booked by the time I could get my credit card info entered.

After a couple hours of trying, I realized there a probably a lot of people who need to get to Israel more urgently than me.

Honestly, I am not sure how much real help I could provide…the Israelis are amazingly organized and well-prepared to respond to this kind of thing, as unpleasant as that truth is…they’ve dealt with this sort of thing before.

I really feel helpless over here, but I know my sister and her husband are strong and capable, and her community is full of people like them, so that gives me some hope.
    We are different, If I was Israeli, which we are not. I'm certain one of my sons and myself, would be in the air by now.
    Good Luck to your family.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Are you implying that my sister is a coward for taking her kids to the safe room during a rocket attack?

That’s a pretty ugly suggestion, dad.

My sister served in the IDF, and I think her husband is still on the reserves. All of my cousins either served or are serving in the IDF currently...it’s a matter of pride for most Israelis, regardless of class or political orientation.

if you were trying to get under my skin by making it personal…good job, it worked.
    Negative I do not think Israelis are cowardly, I know every able-bodied Israeli does their mandatory military service for Israel.

I stated I was glad your family was safe.

Then I was letting you know that my friends children are out fighting to keep them that way.
    Yes death of family, and friends is very personal.
    My point was you are not the only one who knows someone in Israel that is suffering, in my case my friends, nor I know anything yet if their children are alive right now as they are most likely engaged with the enemy.
    Last report 7 battalions were called up, and are engaged in southern Israel with those radical Islamists.

Just because I don't sing the same song, and give the same narrative about Israeli as you do doesn't mean I hate you, or your family. That was an extreme leap on your part, and a foolish statement.

I pray for all Jews, and especially for Israel's salvation.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    We are different, If I was Israeli, which we are not. I'm certain one of my sons and myself, would be in the air by now.
    Okay, this feels a bit uncalled for.

If our Lefty friend decides to take exception to this, I'm putting myself on record as being on his side on this one. You don't know his situation, his abilities, or anything else about him, and I really hope your macho-man chest-pounding here isn't meant to imply that you think he's a coward for not being on his way to Israel already, but that's sure the feeling I'm getting out of it. And I'm willing to put myself out there and say, that's just punching below the belt.

If I have misinterpreted you, please correct me, and I will retract my statement.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Was watching on Fox News a bit earlier, and they showed a live shot of a 20 or so story building going down 9/11 style.
    I said "What the F?" so loud my wife had to come out to see what was going on.

Unsure if it was from the attacks, or the Israeli response... but it did not bring back good memories.
    Check post #73

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    When the Palestinians are eliminated, there will no longer be Palestinian terrorists.
    Not all Palestinians are bad there are Christian Palestinians who worship God in the same Christian churches as Jews who seen the light and accepted Jesus as their one true Messiah.
    The radical Islamists yes they need weeded out.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    2048 will be here soon enough, this conflict can enter the history books with the Punic and 100 year wars of Europe. I think it will still be going on.

At the end of the Punic wars Rome erased Carthage, at the end of the 100 years war both sides were financially exhausted and facing unrest at home.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Okay, this feels a bit uncalled for.

If our Lefty friend decides to take exception to this, I'm putting myself on record as being on his side on this one. You don't know his situation, his abilities, or anything else about him, and I really hope your macho-man chest-pounding here isn't meant to imply that you think he's a coward for not being on his way to Israel already, but that's sure the feeling I'm getting out of it. And I'm willing to put myself out there and say, that's just punching below the belt.

If I have misinterpreted you, please correct me, and I will retract my statement.
    So because I don't agree with someone its below the belt. LOL

Like I said, I'm not him and hes not me. I dont believe I was being obtuse to him.
    If you feel that I did, Get a Helmet son, the worlds a tough place.

Hes a grown man, he can make and live with his own decisions.

I was making a statement on what I would be doing, not what he should be doing.
    What he does is his decision, not mine. Not that his is right or wrong, it matters not.

I'll ask YOU this.
    If you had friends and or family in Israel or the Ukraine, what would you be doing now?

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    So because I don't agree with someone its below the belt. LOL
    No. Because this is a deeply personal issue, with a person's family in an extremely dangerous place in real life, and you chose to make a hypothetical comment about what you supposedly would be doing, to someone whose situation you know nothing about, with the implication that he is either more cowardly than you or doesn't care about his family as much as you, all from the safety and anonymity of the internet; that's why I see it as below the belt.
    Like I said, I'm not him and hes not me. I dont believe I was being obtuse to him.
    If you feel that I did, Get a Helmet son, the worlds a tough place.

Hes a grown man, he can make and live with his own decisions.

I was making a statement on what I would be doing, not what he should be doing.
    What he does is his decision, not mine. Not that his is right or wrong, it matters not.

I'll ask YOU this.
    If you had friends and or family in Israel or the Ukraine, what would you be doing now?
    I certainly wouldn't be telling strangers on the internet my plans, nor looking for advice from them on what I ought to be doing, I can tell you that much.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

LeftyGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2022
    Indianapolis

I am an American citizen. I travel to Israel on an American passport. As much as I view Israel as the second home of my youth, I can’t claim it as my authentic homeland.

I have tons of aunts and uncles (and cousins…so many cousins) from both sides of the family around Tel Aviv, but my only immediate family member there anymore is my sister. She and her husband both served in the IDF, they are both doctors, and they are surrounded by a vast and capable support network of close family and friends…As much as I want to be with them right now, I honestly don’t know what more I could do but be an extra set of hands in a fight and, as much as my ego would like to claim otherwise, I’m likely to be the least capable fighter in attendance…hell, even my sister could probably kick my ass in a fight at this point.

There are members of my congregation that have homes, farms, and businesses in Israel, and I would feel awful if I took a seat on an airplane away from someone trying to get back to their kids, their home, or their business.

Perhaps you would be on a plane by now, but it’s probably better than I’m not. Others have a greater need for those seats than me today.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    How is it even still a problem? Trump promised this was an easy fix in 2016.

Oh, that’s right…Trump is a feckless idiot who only emboldened Netanyahu’s Zionist brinksmanship and hardened Hamas’ resolve.
    Hmmm. Ukraine was attacked by a neighboring state, and the left says we must give Ukraine everything it needs/wants in order to defeat Russia so aggression is not rewarded

Israel has been attacked by its neighbors (again), and the left says they brought it upon themselves because they are Zionists and refuse to give in to the demands of the people who wish to see them annihilated/displaced

Perfectly consistent, perfectly!

LeftyGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2022
    Indianapolis
    Hmmm. Ukraine was attacked by a neighboring state, and the left says we must give Ukraine everything it needs/wants in order to defeat Russia so aggression is not rewarded

Israel has been attacked by its neighbors (again), and the left says they brought it upon themselves because they are Zionists and refuse to give in to the demands of the people who wish to see them annihilated/displaced

Perfectly consistent, perfectly!

Bug, where are you getting this stuff? It has nothing to do with anything I have written.

Have you checked your house for a gas leak lately? It was cool last night…did the furnace kick on without a lit pilot?

Edit: to be abundantly clear, I am only giving bug a friendly ribbing.

Last edited:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    Bug, where are you getting this stuff? It has nothing to do with anything I have written.

Have you checked your house for a gas leak lately? It was cool last night…did the furnace kick on without a lit pilot?
    Dis you?
    Make no mistake…this is the Israel that Netanyahu and the right-wing zealots want…an Israel under constant physical attack...it appeals to their Zionist ideology.

Top Bottom