• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    That's your opinion if you don't like the Mosin but it's served for over 100 years. Also if you say the rifle isn't in use in modern armies ( Which it is as a sniper rifle BTW) the round is 7.62x54r I can name 2 weapons off the top my head that fire it

Dragonav or SVD or whatever
    PKM

Ambu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    The cartridge doesn't make the weapon....

Pretty sure they make hi-points in the almighty .45

Doesn't make them a great choice

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    The cartridge doesn't make the weapon....

Pretty sure they make hi-points in the almighty .45

Doesn't make them a great choice

I know. Go to Wikipedia type in Mosin Nagant when you get to service history you will see 1891-present

J man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Defiance, OH area
    I would tell them is they want to stay at your place they need to provide their own guns and ammo.

I would say the Ruger SR9 or C would be a good choice as well as the M&P pistols if they are not wanting Glocks, in 9mm. I would also go with a AR in .223 for a rifle.

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    I can't say much for friends, since I can count all of mine on 1 hand, and they are all vets and we already have specific calibers of rifle and sidearm that we use. But, for family, we have 6 P89's, 3 PC9's, and 3 870 police specials. That will crew three vehicles, 2 pax in each vehicle with sidearm and long gun. Bugging out is not the plan, but weapons load out is planned around it.

Socomike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 16, 2011
    I know. Go to Wikipedia type in Mosin Nagant when you get to service history you will see 1891-present

You are maybe the worst mosin nut-swinger on this site. I say worst because I am so tired of the small amount of guys that fancy themselves John Rambo and will be running ambush operations when the government falls and civil insurrection is upon us. The worst part of it is that you have ZERO combat experience and a LIMITED working knowledge of firearms in general. You love guns and I think that is awesome. The problem is you interject into so many conversations and talk like you have some inside information that the Mosin is making a comeback as a service rifle.

I have spent time debating the merits of mosin VS any other firearm and you have yet to show any reason other then "the mosin is still in service!" (its not and I dont care what Wiki says). There may be...MAY BE a very very limited number of mosins in service as a "sniper rifle" in countries that cannot afford to feed their soldiers much less field a new rifle.

Sure, "the Mosin killed a lot of Germans". Ya, and spears killed a lot of Persians. Swords killed a lot of pirates. Muzzle loaders killed a lot of just about everybody. Guess what. They are all just as OBSOLETE as a mosin at this point (slightly sarcastic). The mosin is better then anything I just named. The problem is I could name 25 rifles better then a mosin for a comparable price. The Mosin sucked as a battle rifle in 1940 and it sucks now as one.

Can we just agree that the mosin is a cheap, fun, crude, OUTDATED rifle. Why cant it just be that? Why does it have to be the meanest/most bad ass/sniper/infantry/SHTF rifle on the planet. Shoot them until your heart is content. Build it into a sweet rifle. They are like ****ing pokemon. Collect them all. But please, please, for the love of God, stop talking about them like they are the end all be all fighting rifle. JUST STOP.

/Rant.

I would like to apologize now for any butts that I hurt. Mosinowner is not the only person that this is directed towards. He just happens to be the one I see on a daily basis, thus the target of my post. Dont take this personal. I hope that my son (3 months old) is as passionate about guns as you are. It would do you some good to sit back and take info in. Comment when it is appropriate and decipher the BS that gets posted daily from the posts that have something to back them up. For example Facts.

Last edited:

Glock22c

SHEEPDOG
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    N.E. IN
    You are maybe the worst mosin nut-swinger on this site. I say worst because I am so tired of the small amount of guys that fancy themselves John Rambo and will be running ambush operations when the government falls and civil insurrection is upon us. The worst part of it is that you have ZERO combat experience and a LIMITED working knowledge of firearms in general. You love guns and I think that is awesome. The problem is you interject into so many conversations and talk like you have some inside information that the Mosin is making a comeback as a service rifle.

I have spent time debating the merits of mosin VS any other firearm and you have yet to show any reason other then "the mosin is still in service!" (its not and I dont care what Wiki says). There may be...MAY BE a very very limited number of mosins in service as a "sniper rifle" in countries that cannot afford to feed their soldiers much less field a new rifle.

Sure, "the Mosin killed a lot of Germans". Ya, and spears killed a lot of Persians. Swords killed a lot of pirates. Muzzle loaders killed a lot of just about everybody. Guess what. They are all just as OBSOLETE as a mosin at this point (slightly sarcastic). The mosin is better then anything I just named. The problem is I could name 25 rifles better then a mosin for a comparable price. The Mosin sucked as a battle rifle in 1940 and it sucks now as one.

Can we just agree that the mosin is a cheap, fun, crude, OUTDATED rifle. Why cant it just be that? Why does it have to be the meanest/most bad ass/sniper/infantry/SHTF rifle on the planet. Shoot them until your heart is content. Build it into a sweet rifle. They are like ****ing pokemon. Collect them all. But please, please, for the love of God, stop talking about them like they are the end all be all fighting rifle. JUST STOP.

/Rant.

I would like to apologize now for any butts that I hurt. Mosinowner is not the only person that this is directed towards. He just happens to be the one I see on a daily basis, thus the target of my post.

+1! Rep sent!

longbarrel

Expert
    Rating - 91.7%
    22   2   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Central Indiana
    glock, pump 12ga, and sks or ak-47. The reason a good 1911 is a great gun and accurate, a remy 1187, Benelli super black eagle, or Beretta A400 are good if not great shotguns, and if Ar-15's werent good rifles the military wouldn't use them right? With the three guns listed you can kill any living creature on this planet. And when your done....you don't have to methodically break them down and clean the springs, and pins, and rods, you just spit on them, call them a whore and throw them in the corner. Only to find, the next time they are needed they will fire without a doubt.

Socomike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 16, 2011
    glock, pump 12ga, and sks or ak-47. The reason a good 1911 is a great gun and accurate, a remy 1187, Benelli super black eagle, or Beretta A400 are good if not great shotguns, and if Ar-15's werent good rifles the military wouldn't use them right? With the three guns listed you can kill any living creature on this planet. And when your done....you don't have to methodically break them down and clean the springs, and pins, and rods, you just spit on them, call them a whore and throw them in the corner. Only to find, the next time they are needed they will fire without a doubt.

What gun do you have to methodically break them down and clean them after shooing?

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    i would hate to have a mosin in a shtf scenario...my reasons are as follows
    1.HUGE
    2. LONG
    3.BIG
    4. UNGAINLY
    5. ENOURMOUS

I can break my ar into 2 pieces and i can stuff it anywhere to hide if i have to

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011

/Rant.

I would like to apologize now for any butts that I hurt. Mosinowner is not the only person that this is directed towards. He just happens to be the one I see on a daily basis, thus the target of my post. Dont take this personal. I hope that my son (3 months old) is as passionate about guns as you are. It would do you some good to sit back and take info in. Comment when it is appropriate and decipher the BS that gets posted daily from the posts that have something to back them up. For example Facts.
    This bring us back to the conversation that we had in another one of my threads. The SHTF firearms one. I agree with all your points. ( It didn't suck in the 40s in my opinion it did its job). The biggest thing is. What are YOU most comfortable with? The AR is a superior weapons system from building one I see that. But the Mosin is always my go to gun. Also this guys friends have up a good firearm when they decided not to arm themselves

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I would only give firearms to family and VERY close friends (and these people must remain at location with firearms and may not leave with them to take to their own location). However, I would be hesistant to supply them with my firearms unless absolutely necessary (immediate family does not fall into this catagory. Immediate family is entitiled to entire arsenal.) I won't go out and buy more guns and ammo to have "just incase" in a SHTF scenario I need to arm old aquiantences, neighbors, etc. I can spend that money to increase the ammo, food, water, medical, etc. of my own families SHTF supplies. I have an AR, 2 AK's, Rem. 870, Mosin, 2 .45's, 2 9mm, .22's, and other assorted firearms with thousands upon thousands of rounds of ammunition. If you don't bring something to the party then you get this.....see below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kh-mNpR4ZL8

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I would only give firearms to family and VERY close friends (and these people must remain at location with firearms and may not leave with them to take to their own location). However, I would be hesistant to supply them with my firearms unless absolutely necessary (immediate family does not fall into this catagory. Immediate family is entitiled to entire arsenal.) I won't go out and buy more guns and ammo to have "just incase" in a SHTF scenario I need to arm old aquiantences, neighbors, etc. I can spend that money to increase the ammo, food, water, medical, etc. of my own families SHTF supplies. I have an AR, 2 AK's, Rem. 870, Mosin, 2 .45's, 2 9mm, .22's, and other assorted firearms with thousands upon thousands of rounds of ammunition. If you don't bring something to the party then you get this.....see below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kh-mNpR4ZL8

AS STATED EARLIER IN THIS THREAD--NO TICKY, NO WASHY

Top Bottom