• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    What about the ones that can use the Shovels, Axes, and Hoes to upgrade?!

My Personal feelings on this particular piece of the Puzzle is that if they if they are that creative and energetic, not to mention skilled I am thinking I should have already voted them off the island... :popcorn:

Don't vote me off. I can build a shine still out of coconuts, the intestines of any medium sized wild game, and some twigs. About upgrading these hoes, I don't need mine upgraded in a SHTF situation unless I get dealt a real bad hand.

Is the K98 still In service today? The Mosin can be upgraded to something similar to the R700. The K98 is a good rifle but they cost upwards of $500 sometimes

You don't NEED a k98, any 8mm Mauser would do just fine and you don't need to spend $500 but in a true SHTF situation, I'd prefer something that is a bit lighter if you're constantly on the move. If you're pulling security and stationary, find something you shoot well and make sure you have plenty of ammo stocked.

Hitler said that too.

Didn't Hitler also have neurosyphilis that caused him to go partially insane? His logic used in planning may have been decreased by that...in a SHTF situation DON'T BE A FOOL, WRAP YOUR TOOL!!!

I don't have too many friends that don't own firearms but if they thought they'd be able to come and join me during a SHTF, they'd better bring a truck load of jello packets and an inflatable kiddy pool. If I HAD to arm them, they'd be getting sharp sticks and they'd be sent out during the first wave because if they didn't care enough to at least arm themselves with a pistol, shotgun, and a rifle...well, it isn't my job. If I absolutely had to arm them, they'd be getting an 8mm Mauser if I was going the milsurp direction or if I could go back in time and pick up crates of Hakims for what one costs today. I'd much prefer them to be armed with AKs or ARs since ammo is going to be fairly easy to get and they're not 5 1/2 feet long. I wouldn't want to give them something that will weigh them down if we had to be on the move and I'd much rather them have more than 5 shots before a reload. If someone was going to be put into a sniper role, they'd have something more built for the role than a Mosin (yes, I know about the Mosin sniper rifles). Having a C&R license, I still haven't bought a Mosin and if I do it will be for a range toy and most likely not be shot all that much.

nate1865

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2010
    Indiana
    People like Mosins because they can afford having a lot of the same weapons. That's it.

Were $$ not the limiting factor I don't think most would choose it because there are a lot better platforms.

I've always found the Mosin difficult to operate, especially if you don't have the bolt doctored.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Don't vote me off. I can build a shine still out of coconuts, the intestines of any medium sized wild game, and some twigs. About upgrading these hoes, I don't need mine upgraded in a SHTF situation unless I get dealt a real bad hand.
    Hmmm...

I have yet to decide how far North the Border of my Earldom will be. However, I do think I can find a Position for you in my Organization....

Top Bottom