• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wlong0741

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2011
    Elkhart
    I feel you should buy similar weapons. Then I would buy a few extra parts. That way you have interchangeability with magazines, parts, and ammo.
    Mosins are nice, however, in a sustained SHTF or TEOTWAWKI situation, how common will 7.62x54R be? 5.56, 7.62x39, 12ga, and 9mm are very common. If you want cheap go with Century WASR AK clones, They sell for about $400 each. AR-15s are also dropping in price. I seen NIB for around $700.
    While a mix of weapons give you a variety of uses, it means more types of ammo, magazines, and spare parts to stock up as well. As far as long range, I would skip it. Not many people can reliably hit a man sized target over 300 meters. If you were trying to survive and be defensive, look for something that can hit reliably at less than 100yards.
    A hit with a 22lr will beat a miss with a 50BMG any day of the week.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This has been a really good thread in many ways. I have seen attitudes and loyalty's altered (with only a minimal amount of man love). It has caused me to look at what I have and evaluate who I would arm and with what. There have been examples on other threads that have influenced my thinking as well.
    I have a few pump 12 g. and a butt load of trap rds. that even the un-initiated could cause serious "Havoc" with. Still have a "No Ticky no washy" attitude.

Top Bottom