• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MG77

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    C'mon... it was a reporter... to them, ALL guns are "automatic assault weapons" or Glocks. :):

image001-2.jpg

While the majority of this thread is a complete waste of time, Idiots reporting on Idiots, this chart is great!

jcap412

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Greenwood,IN
    My question is, according to the story the video was made in January. So, why all the concern now months after the fact? If you were that worried,scared, or concerned you should really call the police you know....as it's happening. I really don't care who it is, if I would see a bunch of folks outside waving guns around I think I would probably be concerned enough to call the cop shop.

leftsock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    Oh_noes_fire.jpg

Oh noes! Young/black/white people with guns! (I think I saw a white guy in the vid.)

x59vk3.jpg

Maybe. I'd have ask what race that person self-identifies with.

<sarcasm>
    Anyways, if the homeowner was really concerned, she should have just called the police, and they would have shown up in milliseconds to establish a defensive perimeter around her home.

I imagine the 911 call going like this:
    Homeowner: Send the police quick! There are young people outside in the street with guns!
    Operator: Calm down ma'am! We'll send two SWAT teams immediately. Can you tell me if they're fighting or threatening anyone?
    H: No, they're dancing!
    O: *click*
    </sarcasm>

So, when are we planning an INGO counter video? We can practice save gun-handling techniques while busting a move.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Oh_noes_fire.jpg

Oh noes! Young/black/white people with guns! (I think I saw a white guy in the vid.)

x59vk3.jpg

<sarcasm>
    Anyways, if the homeowner was really concerned, she should have just called the police, and they would have shown up in milliseconds to establish a defensive perimeter around her home.

Homeowner: Send the police quick! There are young people outside in the street with guns!
    Operator: Calm down ma'am! We'll send two SWAT teams immediately. Can you tell me if they're fighting or threatening anyone?
    </sarcasm>

So, when are we planning an INGO counter video? We can practice save gun-handling techniques while busting a move.

Home owner did not want to be identified during the "Dance" of the militants. She most likely feared reprisal.

I can not fathom anyone accepting this activity. It was wrong on all levels.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Holy crap. I can't believe anybody is defending these mutts.
    1)The lady said that this was in front of her house and you can see that they are in the street. Pointing a firearm at other individuals is "reckles possesion"
    2) These POS were obviously under aged, as such, they are "illegal possesion of a handgun"
    I see turds like this come in everyday. I really don't care anymore if you can't see how wrong this behavior is. Invite these darlings to you house and enjoy their artistic talents and see what happens.
    BTW, IANAL but I see what people are charged with and this behavior qualifies as I've stated.

Bob

Last edited:

kiddchaos

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I had a similar group drive by me in Broadripple at 12am flashing gang signs in a lowrider. No guns displayed but it didn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling, even when the police were within 30 feet of the event.

Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Let me say this- I'm in favor of the right to keep and bear arms and assemble. Young people, older people, black, white, whoever, and wherever. We should be careful about assigning ill intent based upon something other than the actual behavior displayed and words used.

That being said, in that video, I did not see a peaceful group simply exercising their rights. I am not saying the police should swoop in and arrest everyone. What I am saying is that if I saw that group, I would be vigilant and and I would avoid the group.

Assuming the weapons displayed were real, there was poor gun handling at the very least. Further, they seemed to display the guns as playthings or to make a statement about how tough they were or to "send a message." I do not like that at all. Guns are not fashion accessories. Also, alcohol and guns- bad combination. That was a potentially very dangerous situation.

Further, the police officer was right, but I saw at least two instances of "pointing a firearm", not one:

A person who knowingly or intentionally points a firearm at another person commits a Class D felony. However, the offense is a Class A misdemeanor if the firearm was not loaded.

Ind. Code sec. 35-47-4-3.

Laying aside the question of whether anyone there was too young or did not have a LTCH, there was just a lot of bad judgment in that crowd.

I know that gun owners are looking for allies these days. I believe we need to expand out ranks across all social and cultural bounds. However, it is somewhat reactionary, and illogocal, to take the position that anyone with a gun is not a threat, and no matter their attitude and displayed level of maturity, should be lauded.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Holy crap. I can't believe anybody is defending these mutts.
    1)The lady said that this was in front of her house and you can see that they are in the street. Pointing a firearm at other individuals is "reckles possesion"
    2) These POS were obviously under aged, as such, they are "illegal possesion of a handgun"
    I see turds like this come in everyday. I really don't care anymore if you can't see how wrong this behavior is. Invite these darlings to you house and enjoy their artistic talents and see what happens.
    BTW, IANAL but I see what people are charged with and this behavior qualifies as I've stated.

Bob

Enter the emotion and name calling...

I'm in no way in agreement with their actions, but if you or anyone can show me where a law was broken (elements of reckless possession and illegal possession) were met, then I will gladly shut up. You are only assuming they are under age, so how many 17 year olds can you definitively point out?

People keep posting, "you invite these people to your home..." but what has that to do with anything? There is a lot more to be considered before I allow someone into my home, besides their dress and the music they listen to.

Also, the front of that lady's house is public and not private property. Either they were breaking the law or they were not. It shouldn't matter what people like or not. Besides, I wonder if anyone asked them to move on?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Let me say this- I'm in favor of the right to keep and bear arms and assemble. Young people, older people, black, white, whoever, and wherever. We should be careful about assigning ill intent based upon something other than the actual behavior displayed and words used.

That being said, in that video, I did not see a peaceful group simply exercising their rights. I am not saying the police should swoop in and arrest everyone. What I am saying is that if I saw that group, I would be vigilant and and I would avoid the group.

Assuming the weapons displayed were real, there was poor gun handling at the very least. Further, they seemed to display the guns as playthings or to make a statement about how tough they were or to "send a message." I do not like that at all. Guns are not fashion accessories. Also, alcohol and guns- bad combination. That was a potentially very dangerous situation.

Further, the police officer was right, but I saw at least two instances of "pointing a firearm", not one:

Ind. Code sec. 35-47-4-3.

Laying aside the question of whether anyone there was too young or did not have a LTCH, there was just a lot of bad judgment in that crowd.

I know that gun owners are looking for allies these days. I believe we need to expand out ranks across all social and cultural bounds. However, it is somewhat reactionary, and illogocal, to take the position that anyone with a gun is not a threat, and no matter their attitude and displayed level of maturity, should be lauded.

HM, I see your point, but this is the same argument used against protesters downtown at the 2A rallies and even when OCers are out. People are afraid and want the police to take acton. So, whether going to dinner or dancing to a song, both should be treated equally, IMO.

If someone wants to push the issue of pointing the gun, I only saw the rifle being pointed at the camera. The pistols were pointed in the air, but maybe I'm wrong.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    HM, I see your point, but this is the same argument used against protesters downtown at the 2A rallies and even when OCers are out. People are afraid and want the police to take acton. So, whether going to dinner or dancing to a song, both should be treated equally, IMO.

If someone wants to push the issue of pointing the gun, I only saw the rifle being pointed at the camera. The pistols were pointed in the air, but maybe I'm wrong.

...and I see your points. I think we just have slightly different perspectives, I guess, which makes sense as no two people ever completely agree on anything.

Also, I don't want to belabor the "pointing" issue, but I saw a guy lower his gun from pointing in the air to horizontal, into the crowd and almost at the camera at about the 1:00 mark, they show the same thing at about 1:25, You can see the same thing in the background at about 2:06. Then there is the rifle at 1:31.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    ...and I see your points. I think we just have slightly different perspectives, I guess, which makes sense as no two people ever completely agree on anything.

Also, I don't want to belabor the "pointing" issue, but I saw a guy lower his gun from pointing in the air to horizontal, into the crowd and almost at the camera at about the 1:00 mark, they show the same thing at about 1:25, You can see the same thing in the background at about 2:06. Then there is the rifle at 1:31.

HM, that is my exact point and I'm NOT saying that I would want this behavior in front of my home or that any or us should encourage our youth to behave like this. I'm simply looking at this from the perspective from which WE are judged. Now, I've been swept at the 1500, Bradis, NFA Day, MCFG and Martinsville. Those people were in control of their firearms and although I know it wasn't their INTENT to point their guns at me, still it happened.

If those guys were arrested for pointing their guns at someone, the first thing they would say is, "I didn't mean to..." Arguable, any of the people who swept me would say the same thing after I called the police and demanded they be arrested for pointing their guns at me. If one should be arrested, so should the other.

If this discussion were strictly about guys acting like fools and needing to pull up their pants, then that's a totally different discussion. However, that is not where the people in the video (pastor and police) started. They talked about laws being broken.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Oh_noes_fire.jpg

x59vk3.jpg

<sarcasm>

</sarcasm>

Maybe contact SNO to see if you can get put into their next music video while showing safe gun-handling techniques. Jelly Roll and Lil Wyte know how to have a good time, legally, so they'd be sure to bring the party.

Boonl1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Indy
    My apologies if this has already been posted:

35-47-4-3. Pointing a firearm.

(a) This section does not apply to a law enforcement officer who is acting within the scope of the law enforcement officer's official duties or to a person who is justified in using reasonable force against another person under:

(1) IC 35-41-3-2; or

(2) IC 35-41-3-3.

(b) A person who knowingly or intentionally points a firearm at another person commits a Class D felony. However, the offense is a Class A misdemeanor if the firearm was not loaded.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    ^^^^^^^^^^^ Looks like we have a winner^^^
    Que-
    You call them what you want and I'll stick to mine. If it walks like a duck, looks like a duck and acts like a duck....:dunno:

Bob

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    Maybe there was no illegal activity, but if there was a group of youths dancing and coon-fingering their guns in front of my house, I would grab my long gun. I wouldnt go outside, mind you, but I would increase security.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    My apologies if this has already been posted:

35-47-4-3. Pointing a firearm.

(a) This section does not apply to a law enforcement officer who is acting within the scope of the law enforcement officer's official duties or to a person who is justified in using reasonable force against another person under:

(1) IC 35-41-3-2; or

(2) IC 35-41-3-3.

(b) A person who knowingly or intentionally points a firearm at another person commits a Class D felony. However, the offense is a Class A misdemeanor if the firearm was not loaded.

Do you guys all complain about this when you're watching a movie, or a play, and people are pointing guns at each other? I don't see any exception in the IC for "starring in a movie or stage production", do you?

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Do you guys all complain about this when you're watching a movie, or a play, and people are pointing guns at each other? I don't see any exception in the IC for "starring in a movie or stage production", do you?

We are not talking about professionals. We are talking about this specific youtube vid made by a bunch of "thugs". You are mixing up real life with staged fiction.

Bob

Top Bottom