• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Great experiences here. I have backed out of selling one my guns because I didn't want sellers' remorse. Have done several hassle free ones, and a couple that didn't leave feedback. Oh well :)

Bikerdad61

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Sullivan
    Done many sells, trades and buys on Ingo all been 100% positive. Met many great people and made some new friends to boot. You just have to keep an eye out for the shady characters. Every forum has a few and they usually don't last long once word gets around.

SubicWarrior1988

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    central
    I flaked out on a guy because I had a car accident the day I was supposed to buy a pistol off of him. My disposable cash went to a deductible. I contacted him said I can't buy the pistol and he asked if everything was ok. He didn't wet his pants in frustration and was concerned about what i was, my health.

i bought that pistol 3 months later when I'd saved the money.

On a separate occasion, I flaked out on a guy that drove a long ways to present me a "like new" pistol. The thing had carbon soaked oil sitting in the chamber, the factory box was beat to death on the inside from taking the pistol out and putting it back in (front sight scratched the plastic box) and when I'd asked about reliability, he said this pistol would eat every kind of ammo you can throw at it, then proceeded to name about 5-6 different ammo types. Problem was the ad said the gun had about 200 rounds through it, AND, it was a 22LR. There was a magazine missing and the gun was just not right. List your pistol accurately or i will let you leave with it, This is a big pet peeve of mine. If there are scratches, wear, issues, let me know ahead of time otherwise, you are trying to deceive me.....

I've sold pistols, had guys get ahold of me and say "i'll take it" and then proceed to tell me they'll have the cash in 3-4 days. Ok, listen, if you don't have the money, don't try to buy my stuff, 1st come, 1st serve. Period. I will hold it for a short while, but have had too many people not come up with that money because they are trying to sell something else to raise the cash. I'm not a bank, I'm trying to buy something else too, but I'll have the cash together before I waste someone's time.

Lowballers, I never get offended, it happens to sales professionals all the time, ask any real estate agent, its just part of the sales process. If I don't get an offer I like, I say no thanks and move on. If someone doesn't accept my offer, I say thanks and move on. Remove emotional attachment to the sales process, it's an exchange of money for a good, simple enough.

Now here's the big one, NO SHOWS.. Unforgivable in my opinion. Do not let a person drive ANY distance and just plain not show up. I imagine there have been border skirmishes in 3rd world countries started for less. EVEN if a person just changes their mind about a deal for no good reason, I EXPECT a phone call saying, I don't want to sell this pistol to you, don't drive to our meet up spot.

I have a lot of respect for someone that respects my time, even if they welch on a deal because you see,

Until that cold hard cash touches my wallet, the state ID has been verified and the gun goes into the other person's car, and i drive off,

it's not a deal, period.

That being said, INGO has upped the odds of getting a good deal by 100% and I've had nearly universal good luck with my deals on here, so thank you, well, most of you. :)

foxxie02

Marksman
    Rating - 97.2%
    35   1   0
    May 23, 2008
    all out jdm

per the text message i got at 1 am sunday morning- after having confirmed a price with seller and place/time the message said he got a message from you saying you were the one offering 800... negative rep should go to you as well for moving in on a deal... pretty shady especially since it was in the ad full price offer as first offer... guess I was just raised better than that.!

foxxie02

Marksman
    Rating - 97.2%
    35   1   0
    May 23, 2008
    all out jdm

if i am reading this right you do not have the number of posts to even be offering on this site so you and the seller are in the wrong here again READ THE F.A.Q. on this board...HELLO MODS

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    WE+DONT+NEED+NO+STINKING+RULES.png

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    I've never had any "flake outs" or "raw deals" dealing with anyone here on InGO. I've met several members of InGO in transactions and all were pretty smooth. I thought the iTrader was a good reason for that. I've mUnfortunately from time to time there are a few who do not care about rules or rep as long as they are the ones that get the deal.
    But a deal is a deal in the good faith of things it should have went well for the OP.

On a personal note, and this is just my opinion, anyone here who puts contact info not related to thier InGO account in the ad is trying to skirt the rules. Either by members who do not have the post count or non members who lurk looking for a deal. Again this is just my opinion.

I know some do not have constant access to the internet and this makes selling alot easier. I understand that, but I know at least one member here that verified that I was a member here when I called about his ad last year. He asked me to long on and PM him so he knew I was a "good standing member".

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    I've never had any "flake outs" or "raw deals" dealing with anyone here on InGO. I've met several members of InGO in transactions and all were pretty smooth. I thought the iTrader was a good reason for that. I've mUnfortunately from time to time there are a few who do not care about rules or rep as long as they are the ones that get the deal.
    But a deal is a deal in the good faith of things it should have went well for the OP.

On a personal note, and this is just my opinion, anyone here who puts contact info not related to thier InGO account in the ad is trying to skirt the rules. Either by members who do not have the post count or non members who lurk looking for a deal. Again this is just my opinion.

I know some do not have constant access to the internet and this makes selling alot easier. I understand that, but I know at least one member here that verified that I was a member here when I called about his ad last year. He asked me to long on and PM him so he knew I was a "good standing member".

Maybe a change is in order. :twocents:

slimplmbr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Greenfield
    I've had a couple flakeouts. One said a piece sold after I pmed him within 1 minute and found out he sold it to a later buyer. The other one agreed on a deal and backed out, then two weeks later advertised the items for sale again for more money.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    never had a bad interaction with a person involved in the deal. I did however have one guy get seriously butthurt because while he was emailing me a list of questions, another member brought me cash in hand with zero haggling. He left me neg rep, neg feedback and sent me some colorful PMs asking me if I was wanted to "settle this in person". :rolleyes:

As a result, I now put disclaimers in my ads to prevent any confusion. But if you want to laugh, go searching in the old feedback section. :laugh:

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    The only issue I've ever had is people not leaving feedback. And that's not been the case every time, but a couple of times it has.

Come on, people. *I* leave feedback on the rare occasion I buy or sell something here. Some people though, just don't.

alloutjdm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Knox County
    per the text message i got at 1 am sunday morning- after having confirmed a price with seller and place/time the message said he got a message from you saying you were the one offering 800... negative rep should go to you as well for moving in on a deal... pretty shady especially since it was in the ad full price offer as first offer... guess I was just raised better than that.!

its okay buddy dont be mad..he sold it to someone else so i dont know why you are crying about if you wanted it badly enough maybe you should have offered him more then he was asking..

Top Bottom