• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alloutjdm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Knox County

he needed money for a new furnace..his broke and he need one asap so whoever gave him that 825 helped him out alot...i wouldnt blame him either you know if it was you and someone offered more then your asking price you would have took it to..and dont say you would'nt because you would be lieing to yourself....by theway i was not the lucky one to get it so dont be mad

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    i dont know the details nor do i care much. i just thought that statement was funny. i can count on 1 hand the number of times i've offered more than the asking price on anything.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    it all comes down to how badly you want the item...

Looking good there friend. :rolleyes:

I have had nothing but good luck dealing with INGOers.
    That said, I pay close attention to threads like this and learn. More than once I've dealt with "players" in PMs. I have also come to face to face meetings apologizing for being very, very clear on how things were going to go in advance.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    If it helps, i've had something sit in the classifieds for a long period of time and another member came along and offered me half the price, but some ammo to make up the difference. I agreed to meet in a week. About 3 hours later someone offered me the asking price, which i would have preferred, but i made already made a deal. Even though i had never met the man, i wouldn't like myself if i went against my word. On here your word is all you have. I met the man as promised, we made the deal, now we're friends and we hook each other up because of it.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    If it helps, i've had something sit in the classifieds for a long period of time and another member came along and offered me half the price, but some ammo to make up the difference. I agreed to meet in a week. About 3 hours later someone offered me the asking price, which i would have preferred, but i made already made a deal. Even though i had never met the man, i wouldn't like myself if i went against my word. On here your word is all you have. I met the man as promised, we made the deal, now we're friends and we hook each other up because of it.

The way it should be. I once offered an item for sale for a price I though was reasonable. It ended up being worth twice as evidenced by the number and speed of how fast it sold. I sold it to the first guy that wanted it even though I could have REALLY ,REALLY used the extra $$$ at the time. On the other hand I have purchased a few things that was worth way more than the asking price. I just can't and won't take advantage of someone. Yea everyone likes good deals including me. But I am sure not gonna rip someone off.

FWIW I have met bought and sold on here and never had a problem. I once was on the way to meet someone and had to hit the median and go back home. Ended up on the operating room a few hours later. Later I let the person have the item at a steep discount for his trouble that I caused. But I tell ya that is one meet I was glad I missed.

Chapparal

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 16, 2011
    B'town
    its okay buddy dont be mad..he sold it to someone else so i dont know why you are crying about if you wanted it badly enough maybe you should have offered him more then he was asking..

WOW! Gutsy if you really were the person who sniped the piece, broke forum rules, and helped a fellow human break their word on a deal.

Price asked, product offered

Price met, first person up, no haggling

Asked price agreed upon, offer to buy accepted, meet established by seller

The only part missing was the exchange of consideration and that was guaranteed in writing. Verbal contracts can also be considered binding especially when documented.

Actions such as this give people reason for pause. A general search of your name will now reveal your actions to members.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    My first purchase experience was with a flake. Stated "I'll take it" in the thread, sent him a PM verifying, phone call to confirm the afternoon of pickup. 2 hours after phone call to confirm pickup I called him as he requested to let him know I was on the way and that's when he tells me he sold it 3 hours ago, notice the timeline, 3 hours ago, in other words one hour before my phone call to confirm that I would be down as agreed that afternoon.

Scum!

And if you're reading this, Scum in Bloomington, you're still a55 matter!

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    On a personal note, and this is just my opinion, anyone here who puts contact info not related to thier InGO account in the ad is trying to skirt the rules.

I don't follow what you're saying. You mean like a phone number or email instead of info exchanged through PM?

chuddly

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Eminence, IN
    i have done a fair amount of deals on here (a couple gun and a bunch of accessories). I can honestly say that every one has gone smooth (that i can remember) and the person has been easy to deal with. I do think that there is probly some flakes on here that would be a pain to deal with but I also think that most of us would recognize them in the emails and messages before the deal and if our pride and zeal to sell or buy a product wouldnt get in the way i think we would probly call off the deal with that person before it became a problem. All in all I think INGO is a good group of guys and gals that are down to earth people and know and remember where they came from. :yesway: to INGO.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Stated "I'll take it" in the thread, sent him a PM verifying, phone call to confirm the afternoon of pickup. 2 hours after phone call to confirm pickup I called him as he requested to let him know I was on the way and that's when he tells me he sold it 3 hours ago, notice the timeline, 3 hours ago, in other words one hour before my phone call to confirm

I'm all for iTrader feedback as a way to deal with most positive/negative conclusions in a trade...however, THIS story is one of the rare ones that (in my opinion) should be outed for others to beware of. That said, in all things; Caveat Emptor.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    How prevalent is it on this site for people to flake out on gun deals? I know I have heard a couple stories from other people and dealt first hand with a few. I dont have time or patience for idiots and people wasting my time. Rant off.

Wow, 2 Folks in this Thread now on my INGO Ignore List

A Man's Word is his Bond :patriot:

When a real man makes a promise, he keeps it. If he can't keep a promise, he doesn't give his word. A real man would rather die than break his word. A real man knows that his words are as powerful as his actions, and that they must be taken at face value :yesway:

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    392   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    I've did a "Few" deals...

The way it should be. I once offered an item for sale for a price I though was reasonable. It ended up being worth twice as evidenced by the number and speed of how fast it sold. I sold it to the first guy that wanted it even though I could have REALLY ,REALLY used the extra $$$ at the time. On the other hand I have purchased a few things that was worth way more than the asking price. I just can't and won't take advantage of someone. Yea everyone likes good deals including me. But I am sure not gonna rip someone off.

FWIW I have met bought and sold on here and never had a problem. I once was on the way to meet someone and had to hit the median and go back home. Ended up on the operating room a few hours later. Later I let the person have the item at a steep discount for his trouble that I caused. But I tell ya that is one meet I was glad I missed.

I, like you, j706 do what I say+say what I do.
    YES, there will be things that come up=THAT'S what cell phones are for.

Wow, 2 Folks in this Thread now on my INGO Ignore List

A Man's Word is his Bond :patriot:

When a real man makes a promise, he keeps it. If he can't keep a promise, he doesn't give his word. A real man would rather die than break his word. A real man knows that his words are as powerful as his actions, and that they must be taken at face value :yesway:

+1 sarge. I also was brought up to believe that a Man was only as good as his Bond,+ His word was his bond...Bill.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I've made plenty of good deals here with only one flake out on a deal that I put alot of effort into and had a solid commitment from them to buy an item I had up for sale.

That one deal made me change the way I conduct business.

No more "waiting to the end of the week until payday" and no more agreeing to travel farther than I normally would plus I am a bit more skeptical and hesitant about dealing with another member that isn't more well established. (i.e. post count/quality of posts and some positive i-trader ratings from previous deals.)

Top Bottom