• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I wrote them as well, and also recieved their lame form letter in reply.
    I received their 'follow-up' that they send out to see how you liked how your issue was handled.

I asked, when I sent in my original message, for them not to contact me again beyond confirming I had been removed from the list. I guess they're not too good on reading?

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    My response:

I am very disappointed to hear that you'll be halting anything gun-related as a knee-jerk response to "gun violence." Training companies and ranges promote responsible gun use and legal gun owners to not commit gun violence. I will no longer be using your services until you come to your senses and stop discriminating against legitimate gun companies.

SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Here is the letter I just sent to Groupon:

"Good Day,

It has been brought to my attention that Groupon has taken a "hiatus" position regarding their offering of firearms related deals, including safety training and other offers for those who wish to be responsible gun owners exercising their constitutional rights.

I trust that since the Oklahoma City bombing killed so many innocent people (including 19 toddlers) as a result of fertilizer and a rental truck, that you also have a "hiatus" position on any deals regarding lawn and garden goods and rental vehicles.

I also trust that, since millions of Americans die every year from heart disease due to poor diets, that your position on restaurants that serve fatty foods that cause heart disease will also cause you to put their contracts on "hiatus." Additionally, I also assume that most these same restaurants serve alcohol, and, since alcohol causes millions of deaths via drunk driving, alcoholism, suicide, liver disease, etc...that your position on any establishments that serve alcohol is also on "hiatus."

I respectively request that, since politics has crept into your business model, that you please remove me from your subsription list. I will make it a point to spread the word on your position regarding the practice of safe and responsible gun ownership. I pray that next time you wish to mingle your political views with your business practices, you will have done your homework regarding facts and figures first.

Regards,"

Fergy35

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NE Corner of our gre
    Well I just got my reply from them and sent back a response.

Their response was very much like everyone else's and was as follows;

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us.
    We understand that this is a sensitive topic, and that some of our customers may not agree with our choice to pause the promotion of firearm-related deals. Groupon has always aimed to offer a diverse range of products and services to meet the various tastes and interests of our subscribers. However, at this time, enough customers and merchants have voiced their opinions that we believe a hiatus is warranted.
    Please note that we have never sold guns, and this hiatus only applies to firearm-related deals including shooting ranges, clay pigeon shooting, and concealed weapons training classes. We have not made a final determination regarding this category -- we are simply taking a break and may reevaluate in the future.
    Per your request, I've unsubscribed this email address. You will stop receiving Groupon promotional emails within 48 hours. I can also close your account, but I want to be sure you're aware that once it is closed, you will no longer be able to access previously purchased vouchers on Groupon.com, and any existing Groupon Bucks will be voided. Please let me know if you would like to proceed.
    We genuinely appreciate your opinion and the feedback you've given us. I'll be sure to share your comments with the appropriate people.
    Regards,
    Randy B.
    Groupon Customer Support

After receiving that I sent the following;

Randy,

The fact that your response seems to be nothing more than a form letter tells me that you have received quite a few messages from people who, like myself, are upset by your company's stance on the matter. Firearms training, range time etc. are not only perfectly legal activities, but are also very important activities. I realize that you have never sold or offered deals on actual firearms and I did not state or imply that you did. That is what makes your stance even more baffling to me. You have chosen to stop offering deals on training. The whole point of a training class is that people learn safe handling and operating practices. So in essence you have said "We are against people being safe" and "We are against the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution".

Never mind, I don't know why I would try to argue with a company that is obviously not capable of rationally looking at an issue and instead lets knee jerk reactions make their decisions for them. Of course it is still technically a free country and you are still allowed to make your own decisions and I am still allowed to disagree with them. I do disagree with your decisions and I will spend my money elsewhere. I will be sharing this with all of my family and friends and I will urge them to do the same.

Yes, please be sure to close my account completely. I understand that I will not be able to access any previously purchased vouchers or anything else to do with my account

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    After they responded to my reply, I sent another response asking them to clarify their purpose for not doing the same for aother dangerous deals like car related deals. So far, they've been silent

They have "racing" deals, like the Indy Car Experience.
    They also offer Rock climbing. Sky diving. Para-Sailing

..and, they are still offering Archery deals. :n00b:

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    They have "racing" deals, like the Indy Car Experience.
    They also offer Rock climbing. Sky diving. Para-Sailing

..and, they are still offering Archery deals. :n00b:

HELL THEY'RE STILL OFFERING VACATION TRIPS/HOTELS TO CHICAGO, NY, LA, DETROIT ETC............

TALK ABOUT DANGEROUS AND LIFE THREATENING!!!!! :rockwoot:

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    For a PC-Lib bunch they have a tin ear.

[ame]http://youtu.be/xwgYqIZUtZ0[/ame]

[ame]http://youtu.be/mP_yScodndg[/ame]

:n00b:

Hermitwolf

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I have also sent an email off to them. And after getting the same form letter back that everybody else has gotten, I informed them that until they change there polices on gun related activities, I am closing my account.

rw02kr43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    Paragon
    groupon

I just got an email from them for go kart racing. I've been to the track they are advertizing and it's about as dangerous as a criminal with a gun.

Jason

Last edited:

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Ha, that's funny.
    I wonder if Mr. Andrew would be angry if we emailed him and said, "You shouldn't have discontinued the firearm deals..."

Top Bottom