• Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Much like the MJ thread...

Correlation <> Causation

Do criminals (including murderers) often come from broken homes? Yes.
    Do broken homes CAUSE someone to murder? No. At least, not 100% guarantee.

Would increasing the number of healthy, intact families (and decreasing the number of broken/unhealthy families) reduce the number of people who commit crimes? I suspect the data supports this.
    We are discussing young mass murderers not criminals at large.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    If you are subjected to a daily heavy dose of WTAF is happening in my life has it will tear the sole out of the weak of heart and mind. It is a contributing factor. A serious one.
    Who really knows what makes the mind crumble and break. With some it’s not a lot outside the normal we we all see.
    Who knows what goes in behind the closed doors of the house across the street.
    Good and evil are in the heart. All hearts no matter the up bringing. I won’t use a excuse that some kid abused horriable has to commit acts of murder when there are millions same story and don’t. I was of yours and others opinion but as the years roll by I just not buying it. That 20 yr. Old shooter was long past his childhood and living on his own. The $@@@&&”! Still has freewill…. He used it for evil. I feel sorry for abused neglected children. It’s horrible… I know first hand on the attempts to literally kill me 3 times by family member at age 8, so I don’t comment lightly. I didn’t chose to be evil. But I could be wrong completely…. Lol…. Just my own opinion.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Good and evil are in the heart. All hearts no matter the up bringing. I won’t use a excuse that some kid abused horriable has to commit acts of murder when there are millions same story and don’t. I was of yours and others opinion but as the years roll by I just not buying it. That 20 yr. Old shooter was long past his childhood and living on his own. The $@@@&&”! Still has freewill…. He used it for evil. I feel sorry for abused neglected children. It’s horrible… I know first hand on the attempts to literally kill me 3 times by family member at age 8, so I don’t comment lightly. I didn’t chose to be evil. But I could be wrong completely…. Lol…. Just my own opinion.

In the past I'd agree with you on the "long past his childhood and living on his own" to a certain extent. However, I've made the observation that men really don't emotionally mature until at least 25 years old. Now, this is only with men my age and younger, and obviously doesn't apply universally. A corollary data point would be auto insurance rates going down for males when they turn 25 (or so.)

Sorry for the abuse/neglect you received from family. I'm guessing, when you got out of there, you didn't hole up in an apartment with few friends, compare your life to the fake lives of others on social media or be told at every avenue that you were less of a person because you were male.

I keep reminding my son that social media isn't real life, it's a filtered in content, so only the best moments are there.

Ultimately, yes, we choose our actions, good or evil.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Reasons are not necessarily excuses.

Last edited:

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    A LOT of these shooters are victims of the participation trophy generations. They reacted when life didn`t didn`t out a "trophy", and they had zero coping skills when faced with even the slightest bit of adversity.
    And without doubt, fatherless, broken homes play a huge part in the creation of these monsters. Libs destroyed the traditional family and scrubbed God clean from the public square, THIS is their utopia.

Dean Weingarten

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2013
    Stop calling the P.O.S. who murdered people “the shooter.” Call him the KILLER or MURDERER.

Eli was also a shooter. Anyone who goes to a range and fires their weapon is a shooter.

Don’t let your language put them on equal footing.
    Controlling the language is one of the most important weapons of the left/Progressives.

George Orwell/Eric Blair captured the power of controlling language in his far sighted novels 1984 and Animal Farm.

Control of language is control over thought.

You do not need much physical power to control a large population if you control their view of reality.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Controlling the language is one of the most important weapons of the left/Progressives.

George Orwell/Eric Blair captured the power of controlling language in his far sighted novels 1984 and Animal Farm.

Control of language is control over thought.

You do not need much physical power to control a large population if you control their view of reality.
    The phrase "the shooter" is understood by everyone to mean the perpetrator. It`s semantics, and of no consequence to use that phraseology. If you want to get into semantics that matter, let`s start will "immigrants", vs illegal aliens. THERE we`re on to something.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    In the past I'd agree with you on the "long past his childhood and living on his own" to a certain extent. However, I've made the observation that men really don't emotionally mature until at least 25 years old. Now, this is only with men my age and younger, and obviously doesn't apply universally. A corollary data point would be auto insurance rates going down for males when they turn 25 (or so.)

Sorry for the abuse/neglect you received from family. I'm guessing, when you got out of there, you didn't hole up in an apartment with few friends, compare your life to the fake lives of others on social media or be told at every avenue that you were less of a person because you were male.

I keep reminding my son that social media isn't real life, it's a filtered in content, so only the best moments are there.

Ultimately, yes, we choose our actions, good or evil.
    Lol… what was social media in the 60’s? Appreciate your comments though!

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville

Notes passed in classroom, writing on the bathroom stalls, locker room gossip :cool:

But, kind of my point though. Kids today have a different experience growing up which we don't know enough about.

Over-medicated, under-socialized, at once praised for being a unique individual worthy of unearned praised and respect, and vilified for being a male.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    The phrase "the shooter" is understood by everyone to mean the perpetrator. It`s semantics, and of no consequence to use that phraseology. If you want to get into semantics that matter, let`s start will "immigrants", vs illegal aliens. THERE we`re on to something.
    See... It is working on you.

Dean Weingarten

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2013
    That the phrase "the shooter" has become accepted is exactly the point. Shooter could as easily had a positive connotation. But usage such as this has and is agglomerating "shooter" with negative connotations. Proper usage would be "killer" or "murderer" or "accused" or "suspect".

This is classic manipulation of the mind through word usage.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    That the phrase "the shooter" has become accepted is exactly the point. Shooter could as easily had a positive connotation. But usage such as this has and is agglomerating "shooter" with negative connotations. Proper usage would be "killer" or "murderer" or "accused" or "suspect".

I don`t see it that way, but no worries.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Social in the 60's was talking to each other. Much of Social now is dependent on media devices.

Just because there wasn't media involved does not mean any less social. In many ways it was much more social. There was immediate feedback if you were an as*****. There were real consequences if you were an as*****. Much of that is missing in media. So heavy media users have a more obscure trip learning what is socially acceptable in the real world of face-to-face people.

Kids today think they have something in social media that older generations didn't have - too bad they don't see what they are missing.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

"Shooter" is an accurate description, among many accurate descriptions. While the average public school student may now be dumbed down to Newspeak levels, I generally assume that INGO posters are intelligent enough to understand meaning from both the words used and the context.

"Shooter" is morally neutral, because shooting is morally neutral. It is the purpose/intent behind the action that ascribes a moral aspect to the action. One shooter that day was bent on evil and murder; one shooter was dedicated to saving lives.

I choose not to use the names of such evil actors, so as not to contribute to the notoriety the so desperately seek. But I will not contribute to the dumbing down of language and communication.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    "Shooter" is an accurate description, among many accurate descriptions. While the average public school student may now be dumbed down to Newspeak levels, I generally assume that INGO posters are intelligent enough to understand meaning from both the words used and the context.

"Shooter" is morally neutral, because shooting is morally neutral. It is the purpose/intent behind the action that ascribes a moral aspect to the action. One shooter that day was bent on evil and murder; one shooter was dedicated to saving lives.

I choose not to use the names of such evil actors, so as not to contribute to the notoriety the so desperately seek. But I will not contribute to the dumbing down of language and communication.
    Typically, in these situations the good guy with gun isn't referred to as a "shooter" So the terminology is obviously referring to the bad guy.

Last edited:

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

"Shooter" is less accurate than it could be. Shooter covers a wide spectrum. This less than optimal accuracy is intentionally applied to this nut-case killer by the media.
    The effect this has on the reader has nothing to do with INGO. Their target audience is not INGO but rather the dumbed down populace they helped create.

"Shooter" is morally neutral
    This is also intentional. This is exactly why the term shooter is used. They are trying to reduce the negative response by not calling him a killer or some more accurate descriptive word for murdering three innocent people.

Top Bottom