• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The libtards are soo much better at using word connotations than the right.

That is why illegal aliens are called undocumented immigrants. They even banned the use of the term "illegal aliens" when that is precisely what they are.
    They call guns "assault weapons" and "weapons of war" for a reason. It sways the minds of those who don't know any better or don't really care.

It matters - words matter. Little by little the connotation of the words used tend to influence people. I don't believe it is smart to just ignore this tactic and let the libtards keep on influencing people this way.

It's fine if that matters to you. It doesn't matter to me. They're just words. "Shooter" is an accurate enough term. By saying that I'm sure I'm not subverting INGO. You all know who I'm referring to from the context.

I don't use terms like "assault weapons", "weapons of war" to refer to guns that are neither, or "undocumented immigrants" to refer to illegal aliens, because using those terms are inaccurate.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    He expected Eli to go to his apartment?
    An explosion in an apartment would pull a significant number of Police resources as well as Fire and medical. I think I compared it to the Richmond Hill explosion for the attempted effect. With Police in that area, the now room temperature bad guy/murderer would've had a lot more time to roam around murdering people. That is of course until a good guy with a gun stopped it before the first 911 call.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    But, he left one of the rifles in the bathroom.

And, is it really easier to carry two rifles and switch to the second one when you run out of ammo rather than just switch magazines, which he had several of?
    See post #1,416 for my second shooter theory (technically that is a conspiracy theory.)

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Bear with me on this one...

Over an hour in the bathroom, while your laptop is cooking along with a butane cylinder. Butane goes boom in the oven and a whole lot of emergency responders go there, not to the GPM. Those of us who remember the Richmond Hill explosion in 2012 know what would've been much more effective, but we weren't 10 years old in 2012. We remember the details. Same plan, not executed like Richmond Hill which looked like a a GBU-38 (500 pound JDAM) hit that house. Imagine that impact in an apartment building.

We saw the delays in emergency services getting to the park in Beech Grove several hours later (KellyinAvon's take: gang related candlelight vigil shot up by rival gang members who knew they'd be there.) Imagine if it was 30 minutes after an apartment building had a Richmond Hill level blast.

Top 5 movie of all time for most people on Earth: The Godfather. The gun Michael used to kill The Turk and the Police Captain was in the????? In the bathroom behind the toilet of course left there by one of Clemenza's men. Second shooter was supposed to go in the bathroom. The M&P 15 was there with ammo. The NRTBG (now room temperature bad guy) took the higher-end rifle and murdered three innocent people. Why would you leave your back up rifle in a backpack in the bathroom? If you were alone just sling it and go. Active shooter, nobody is just wandering into the bathroom.

Laptop goes boom along with apartment building, iPhone goes down the toilet, second shooter shows up minutes later. None of these things happened. If they did (along with Eli from Seymour not being as proficient with his EDC as he proved to be... or if he took his GF anywhere else on the planet) we would be discussing a very different situation that happened at the GPM right now.

We now return you to the regularly scheduled thread, already in progress.
    I love this stuff!

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    It's fine if that matters to you. It doesn't matter to me. They're just words. "Shooter" is an accurate enough term. By saying that I'm sure I'm not subverting INGO. You all know who I'm referring to from the context.

I don't use terms like "assault weapons", "weapons of war" to refer to guns that are neither, or "undocumented immigrants" to refer to illegal aliens, because using those terms are inaccurate.
    That is exactly what the left wants you to think.
    The word manipulation doesn't influence me and it doesn't influence you but over the whole population there is some level of influence and they want to control that. That is why I won't play their games. You do what you want.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That is exactly what the left wants you to think.
    The word manipulation doesn't influence me and it doesn't influence you but over the whole population there is some level of influence and they want to control that. That is why I won't play their games. You do what you want.

If you go deep enough, I suppose you could let that affect how you speak, just to be sure you're not playing their game. I choose not to play their game in a different way, maybe. By not changing the language that I would have used anyway. I haven't and wouldn't call my AR an "assault weapon", because it's not. It's just not language that I normally use. Calling the guy that tried to shoot up the mall "shooter" is what I'd have said anyway. I don't think that's playing "their" game. YMMV

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    If you go deep enough, I suppose you could let that affect how you speak, just to be sure you're not playing their game. I choose not to play their game in a different way, maybe. By not changing the language that I would have used anyway. I haven't and wouldn't call my AR an "assault weapon", because it's not. It's just not language that I normally use. Calling the guy that tried to shoot up the mall "shooter" is what I'd have said anyway. I don't think that's playing "their" game. YMMV
    I personally do try and use words like "mass killer" or "mass murderer" rather than "shooter." It's the same as using general terms like "violence" instead of "gun violence."

As nobaddog points out, the left owns academia and media and they have a very focused effort on defining the language to best suit their agenda. I worked in broadcast media for a decade and I saw it first hand. There were absolutely discussions in production meetings about the type of words that were to be used in stories and on-air.

I personally feel it's important that we try and push back on it whenever and wherever possible.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Of the two of us, she's the one for whom you wouldn't want to get on her bad side. I'm just a big teddy bear. She's fierce, and will kick some ***.

Edit: where did the filter go? This time, it didn't pick up ***.
    If shes a redhead, i already know not to get on her bad side.

Redheads good sides are bad enough ;)

MinuteManMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Lawrence, IN
    See post #1,416 for my second shooter theory (technically that is a conspiracy theory.)

Or more likely he didn't do a dress rehearsal and realized in the can that the second rifle was too unwieldy and not worth bringing along.

I see no reason to think he had accomplices here. At least this time the FBI is keeping a low profile. Maybe they're learning?

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    So, I'm an engineer, not a psychologist (or doctor, or lawyer, etc.). This line of thinking may be entirely wrong. If someone were to commit such an act, and were doing so because of screwed up beliefs, why would they try to hide those beliefs? Don't such actors generally try to broadcast those beliefs (via manifesto, etc.)?

And they usually leave copious evidence in the form of forum posts dating back months, and opinions expressed to friends/family.

Top Bottom