• ...and so much more!
  • JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I understand the copycat phenomenon, and agree that it is unwise to give such notoriety to killers.

My point here was that the timeline between the commission of the Uvalde incident (and, therefore, the identification of the rifles used in that incident) and the Greenwood Park Mall shooter's purchase of the rifles used in that incident doesn't work. The latter purchased the firearms before the former committed his act (and thus, before the identification of the firearms he used).
    Unless they have been in communication months or years prior. :shady:

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Agree…. However he brings up a point about maybe waiting for another to maybe show up. At this point I wouldn’t even rule out a FBI agent was his “handler”.
    What led me to even have this thought was the greenwood police chief saying something along the lines of

“the most puzzling part of this is two rifles and attempting to get rid of comm devices”

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I understand the copycat phenomenon, and agree that it is unwise to give such notoriety to killers.

My point here was that the timeline between the commission of the Uvalde incident (and, therefore, the identification of the rifles used in that incident) and the Greenwood Park Mall shooter's purchase of the rifles used in that incident doesn't work. The latter purchased the firearms before the former committed his act (and thus, before the identification of the firearms he used).
    The timeline of drawing attention away from uvalde is interesting…..barely any talk about the body cam videos that dropped now that this happened

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    Ok hear me out here.

He had two rifles. He spent an hour waiting. Waiting for what? He destroyed his communication devices. Was he waiting for a second person? Was he waiting for his handler that of course was never gonna show? What’s with these people lately having multiple rifles? You can only shoot one per person……
    Ever heard the term “New York Reload”? Easier to switch to a second gun than reload.

Dean Weingarten

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2013

I agree, He did not purchase he particular rifles as part of the copy cat motivation. He is clearly part of the current copycat cluster. Whether he would have actively done something without the Media near deification of the other mass murderers, is impossible to know.

Statistically, it is likely he would have grown out of it, or killed himself and not others, without the incentive from the media coverage.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    What led me to even have this thought was the greenwood police chief saying something along the lines of

“the most puzzling part of this is two rifles and attempting to get rid of comm devices”
    I'm not sure how much logical thinking, clever planning and tactical precision we can ascribe to a 20 year old who is so ****ed in the head that he decides to shoot up a shopping mall.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    He may have had a plan to empty the magazine on the 1st rifle - switch to the 2nd rifle (already loaded) -- before having to change magazines

He was in the bathroom over an hour. The 2nd rifle was broken down in a backpack. That is also likely how he got the other rifle and magazines in the mall.

So, no it doesn't make sense why he brought 2 rifles, and only assembled 1. He had plenty of time to assemble the other one, unless he was a dufus, pulled a pin out completely and couldn't find it to put them back together.

nucular

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    He was in the bathroom over an hour. The 2nd rifle was broken down in a backpack. That is also likely how he got the other rifle and magazines in the mall.

So, no it doesn't make sense why he brought 2 rifles, and only assembled 1. He had plenty of time to assemble the other one, unless he was a dufus, pulled a pin out completely and couldn't find it to put them back together.
    That's a great point. Maybe there really was a suspect #2.

Dean Weingarten

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2013

Much of what these mass murderers do does not make sense. Does trying to kill as many people as possible, before you kill yourself, people who have never done you any harm, make sense?

The ones who are so mentally off they cannot formulate a plan and implement it, almost never make the news.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN

Hmmm…. So guess we could be back to the “handler” not showing up to help out. ?

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    I mean. Do they swarm nutrasweet? When I shoot sodas, I prefer shooting diet sodas, because it doesn’t seem to draw ants like shooting real soda. Oh. And cans seem to be more satisfying than bottles when shooting with .22 LR.
    Only the dumbest of the dumbest ants swarm NutraSweet. You have much smarter ants.

John

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    I think the report is bad guy had 2 on him, and one in the bathroom.
    One AR - the shorter one - on him with the Glock .357 Sig. Left the longer AR in the restroom in the backpack. Had four AR mags strapped onto his chest in a mag holder. See photo of him laying on restroom floor comparing it with one of several he posted earlier in the afternoon. It's at top or a Reddit thread in a Reddit mass shooter forum. Google (or Duck Duck Go) will find it almost immediately with a combination of his name and "Reddit". Be forewarned the photo of him deceased and tagged "DEAD" isn't retouched to fog over anything. The one of him alive is one of several that were on imgur showing his weapons and girded up to go to the mall. He linked to them his 4chan posting about being a good day to die. He's wearing the clothing he died in several hours later.

I'm very certain the FBI will unravel his phone and laptop. Their forensics ability is sophisticated and extensive. Those will undoubtedly reveal his state of mind . . . which appears to be on the surface - at the least - an isolated young man in deep depression with suicidal thoughts that were pushed to action by the eviction notice. Hopefully there will be follow-up when the details are better known.

John

Last edited:

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    One AR - the shorter one - on him with the Glock .357 Sig. Left the longer AR in the restroom in the backpack. Had three AR mags strapped onto his chest in a mag holder. See photo of him laying on restroom floor comparing it with one of several he posted earlier in the afternoon. It's at top or a Reddit thread in a Reddit mass shooter forum. Google (or Duck Duck Go) will find it almost immediately with a combination of his name and "Reddit". Be forewarned the photo of him deceased and tagged "DEAD" isn't retouched to fog over anything. The one of him alive is one of several that were on imgur showing his weapons and girded up to go to the mall. He linked to them his 4chan posting about being a good day to die. He's wearing the clothing he died in several hours later.

I'm very certain the FBI will unravel his phone and laptop. Their forensics ability is sophisticated and extensive. Those will undoubtedly reveal his state of mind . . . which appears to be on the surface - at the least - an isolated young man in deep depression with suicidal thoughts that were pushed to action by the eviction notice. Hopefully there will be follow-up when the details are better known.

John
    Yeah, I've seen the photos.

I guess I just assumed the phone was left in the home toilet, because it was announced after they raided the home. I thought they said they found the laptop and butane in the oven and phone in toilet.

I guess it doesn't really matter as it's just assumptions at this point.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    One AR - the shorter one - on him with the Glock .357 Sig. Left the longer AR in the restroom in the backpack. Had three AR mags strapped onto his chest in a mag holder. See photo of him laying on restroom floor comparing it with one of several he posted earlier in the afternoon. It's at top or a Reddit thread in a Reddit mass shooter forum. Google (or Duck Duck Go) will find it almost immediately with a combination of his name and "Reddit". Be forewarned the photo of him deceased and tagged "DEAD" isn't retouched to fog over anything. The one of him alive is one of several that were on imgur showing his weapons and girded up to go to the mall. He linked to them his 4chan posting about being a good day to die. He's wearing the clothing he died in several hours later.

John
    If he had a FBI handler rest assured we will never find or hear the truth officially.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    If he had a FBI handler rest assured we will never find or hear the truth officially.
    I’m new to mass shooting detective work - explain the FBI handler, as in FBI is coordinating this? - I can believe it to an extent, but if that was the case I’d think getting rid of a laptop and phone leading up to an attack would be pretty easy…. Any random dumpster on his way to the mall I bet wasn’t ever searched….

Seems to me if the FBI somehow was coordinating this stuff they would be much better executed. The execution for this clown was terrible.. (thankfully).

Top Bottom