• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Jesus introduced a new covenant. Read what he said.
    Oh I have. So you said Eli did the right thing…..? Then Eli didn’t follow what your opinion of the covenant meant to you? Can’t have it both ways. Let’s keep this off the thread… agree. We can pick it up in the everything Christian thread or you can pm me anytime. I think the mods would appreciate that.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I don't think it's thousands. I think gunpowder was invented just over a thousand years ago. Then cannons, then guns. I think the matchlock came around 1400-1500 and that made it usable by one person.
    The only thing that has changed is the weapon of choice. Human nature hasn't really changed throughout its history.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Dear God . . . how can I un-watch this and purge it from my memory.
    They're dumber than ants swarming NutraSweet. Very sadly, five villages are minus their idiots.

John
    I mean. Do they swarm nutrasweet? When I shoot sodas, I prefer shooting diet sodas, because it doesn’t seem to draw ants like shooting real soda. Oh. And cans seem to be more satisfying than bottles when shooting with .22 LR.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    The most innocent being that ever walked this earth was Jesus Himself. He had all the power of the heavens bestowed upon him and yet He let himself be arrested, tried, mocked, tortured, and slain in the most gruesome manner and in the most unjust human action in the history of mankind. But He didn't raise a finger against His attackers. And why did He do that? TO SAVE THE UNJUST. Which is you, me, and everyone else. That has absolutely no resemblance in any way to what went on at the GPM. We barely have the capacity to understand it. So I just personally will refrain from even going into the territory of speculating on his endorsement of this situation.

As for the Biblical evidence of Jesus being anything other than the Prince of Peace, please enlighten us. I've seen nothing but love and forgiveness in his words and eyewitness accounts.

Let's not forget that He freely forgave a murderer on a cross next to Him. He didn't endorse that execution at all. What He did was far above what was physically happening there.

I'm 100% in support of what the hero did here. But when we get into the game of saying what side God is on or what Jesus would do, we are in WAAAY above our heads.
    I don't want to send this thread too far down a theological rabbit hole (we can move that discussion to the religious threads), but Jesus is not only the Lamb; He is also the Lion. And the reference to Revelation 19 is spot on.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

Further more, he forgave only one of two crucified next to him, the one who basically accepted him as Lord and Savior. So, I’m not sure what that has to do with self defense.

And this admonition seems to suggest being fully armed is a good thing.

I don't know how man times I have to point this out. Jesus specifically says, "if someone strikes you on the right cheek..." The default state is that such a person is right-handed, which means that such a strike is back-handed. A back-handed strike is an insult, not a physical threat. Jesus is referring to our response to being insulted. It has nothing to do with the appropriate response to a physical threat of harm.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    8/10 True

40 yards still mostly unconfirmed. 30-40y is what’s floating around with the most traction and likely accurate.

9mm Glock is all that has been released.
    Also, not confirmed that all 10 rounds came from the farthest distance, or only the initial (one or more) shots. The police chief has, at a minimum, implied that the hero continued to shoot at the attacker as he advanced on him. But, to my knowledge, nothing has been released to confirm the distances of all 10 shots.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    All the religious ******** that plagues every thread here.

I don't want to read about that. I want to read about what the title of the thread is.

I don't want to read your bs beliefs that oh so many push onto other people here.
    Bruh, chill. Is it that painful to turn the scroll wheel on your mouse? All they're doing is putting their beliefs and thoughts out there for anyone to read or not read as they jolly well choose, yet you talk like they're putting a gun to your head and saying "Convert or die!"

mstrmstr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Copied from another site..
    That's 8 of 10 rounds on target in 15 seconds. That includes recognition, directing his girlfriend to cover, defensive movement and presentation...while being shot at!!!
    This guy is not a LEO but he is obviously not your average plinker either.
    He didn't wait for permission to engage, he didn't wait for backup, he didn't have to run to the car to get his vest and riot shield. Paying attention to Uvalde officers? Florida officers? Politicians that want to deny us the right to keep and bear arms?
    If you will not do your job, at least don't try to stop the armed citizen from doing theirs.

1658408368515.png

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    I don't know how man times I have to point this out. Jesus specifically says, "if someone strikes you on the right cheek..." The default state is that such a person is right-handed, which means that such a strike is back-handed. A back-handed strike is an insult, not a physical threat. Jesus is referring to our response to being insulted. It has nothing to do with the appropriate response to a physical threat of harm.
    Spoke in parables for a reason.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    All the religious ******** that plagues every thread here.

I don't want to read about that. I want to read about what the title of the thread is.

I don't want to read your bs beliefs that oh so many push onto other people here.
    Tough, I guess? Others of us find the discussion to be relevant to the topic. If you don't like it, cope and seethe? Or put me on ignore?

Top Bottom