• ...and so much more!
  • chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    The parable doesn’t address what should be done to the thieves if the good Samaritan had gotten there earlier. :):
    I am fully confident that Jesus would have endorsed the Samaritan using appropriate force to come to the defense of the victim against the thieves, including deadly force if the thieves had been putting the victim in mortal peril.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I am fully confident that Jesus would have endorsed the Samaritan using appropriate force to come to the defense of the victim against the thieves, including deadly force if the thieves had been putting the victim in mortal peril.

A lot of people are mistaken that Jesus was a total pacifist. Lot of Biblical evidence against it. I think Jesus would be fine with the just protecting the innocent from the unjust, by whatever means necessary (as long as innocents aren't intentionally harmed by the just.)

I've always quipped that the Golden Rule, "Do to others what you want them to do to you." means that if you see me trying to commit murder or diddle little kids, you have my express permission to shoot me in the head, as I'm obviously past the point of redemption on the physical plane.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I'm not sure what we're disagreeing on. If the guy was saying, "it sucks that the world is dangerous", then he's right and I agree with him. If he's actually saying, "it sucks that someone feels like they need to take a gun everywhere", then he's obviously wrong, and I disagree with him. I'm merely offering an interpretation that gives the guy the benefit of the doubt.
    I always hate when people try to use that one.

It's terrible people feel like they need a gun to protect themselves.

I just tell them, well it's been like that for hundreds of years, thinking it's all of a sudden going to change is not realistic. Choosing to ignore that is choosing to remain ignorant.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I am not going to accept theological lessons from those who have no respect for the Word and try to selfishly use it for their own purposes.

Speaking of the Word, for anyone thinking that Jesus would never do violence, they should read the second half of Revelation 19, then get back to us.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

I just tell them, well it's been like that for hundreds of years, thinking it's all of a sudden going to change is not realistic. Choosing to ignore that is choosing to remain ignorant.
    Thousands of years.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    911 calls released:

God Bless 911 operators but I could only listen to a few of these calls.

If your solution is to call into a 911 center - get transfered - listening to it ring and ring - then get put on hold and wait for help, it’s not going to be a good day.

I know they were over loaded - but when people call in - the last thing they want to hear is I’m gonna transfer you…. Ring ring ring….

This is in no way critical of the operators - it’s critical of the technology they are forced to assist with.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN

I was talking about this with my wife earlier.

“Anyone I met at any time could try to kill me” has been the baseline of human history for all time. That’s nothing new.

People act like they’re supposed to be able to walk around without death being a possibility and it’s just wildly naive.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Saw his pre-shooting selfie on reddit side-by-side with the death picture. "How it started versus how it's going".

Dude is getting mercilessly roasted. He looks like I could fit my hand all the way around his waist. I'm surprised he could lift the rifle long enough to kill three people.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Saw his pre-shooting selfie on reddit side-by-side with the death picture. "How it started versus how it's going".

Dude is getting mercilessly roasted. He looks like I could fit my hand all the way around his waist. I'm surprised he could lift the rifle long enough to kill three people.
    Maybe if more people on TV laughed at them like that, they might not think it's the thing to do.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I was talking about this with my wife earlier.

“Anyone I met at any time could try to kill me” has been the baseline of human history for all time. That’s nothing new.

People act like they’re supposed to be able to walk around without death being a possibility and it’s just wildly naive.
    1658356474523.png

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I don't think it's thousands. I think gunpowder was invented just over a thousand years ago. Then cannons, then guns. I think the matchlock came around 1400-1500 and that made it usable by one person.
    Okay.
    but before the gun, people killed with knives, swords, sticks, rocks, etc.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I don't think it's thousands. I think gunpowder was invented just over a thousand years ago. Then cannons, then guns. I think the matchlock came around 1400-1500 and that made it usable by one person.
    "Over in China they got smart real fast
    That's where they invented the manmade blast
    They lost a few fingers and some bamboo shacks
    But they gave birth to a tribe of pyromaniancs"

-- Jimmy Buffett "Waiting For the Next Explosion".

Top Bottom