• ...and so much more!
  • chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    That last guy before they read the brothers statement. Oof. What a tool. Obviously he DID need to carry a gun. He proved it. Effing wanker.
    Giving him the benefit of the doubt, perhaps he was just trying to say, "it sucks that the world is a dangerous place, where people feel like they need to carry guns", but didn't articulate it well?

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Had to pull out the Bible to go over the Parable of the Good Samaritan. Seems most of the people who are arguing against calling him that, only quote a certain amount. They say, see the Good Samaritan was good because they did nice things for the person, but that wasn't the point wasn't the physical acts that occurred, it was the mercy shown.

Luke 10:36 "Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?" 37 The expert in the law replied, "The one who had mercy on him." Jesus told him, "Go and do like-wise."

Which is more merciful, shooting a killer, or running away?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Had to pull out the Bible to go over the Parable of the Good Samaritan. Seems most of the people who are arguing against calling him that, only quote a certain amount. They say, see the Good Samaritan was good because they did nice things to the person, but that wasn't the point wasn't the physical acts that occurred, it was the mercy shown.

Don't forget, risking his own life, while others are running.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Giving him the benefit of the doubt, perhaps he was just trying to say, "it sucks that the world is a dangerous place, where people feel like they need to carry guns", but didn't articulate it well?
    Doesnt matter what he meant. He is still wrong. Eli proved you DO need to carry guns. If we didnt need to carry guns, we wouldnt have attempted mass shootings, muggings, etc. (and wouldnt be talking about this)

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Doesnt matter what he meant. He is still wrong. Eli proved you DO need to carry guns. If we didnt need to carry guns, we wouldnt have attempted mass shootings, muggings, etc. (and wouldnt be talking about this)
    He's not wrong, if he meant that it sucks that the world is a dangerous place. The world is a dangerous place. Unless you're a sadist, you likely find that state to be sub-optimal. I don't know of anyone who desires that the world be a dangerous place. Personally, I would prefer the world did not include murderous psychopaths that necessitate the use of deadly force in self-defense. But, indeed, the world is what it is.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Had to pull out the Bible to go over the Parable of the Good Samaritan. Seems most of the people who are arguing against calling him that, only quote a certain amount. They say, see the Good Samaritan was good because they did nice things for the person, but that wasn't the point wasn't the physical acts that occurred, it was the mercy shown.

See also: John 15:13.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    He's not wrong, if he meant that it sucks that the world is a dangerous place. The world is a dangerous place. Unless you're a sadist, you likely find that state to be sub-optimal. I don't know of anyone who desires that the world be a dangerous place. Personally, I would prefer the world did not include murderous psychopaths that necessitate the use of deadly force in self-defense. But, indeed, the world is what it is.
    I guess we will just have to agree to disagree on this one.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

The parable doesn’t address what should be done to the thieves if the good Samaritan had gotten there earlier. :):

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

I find myself sounding like my Dad or Grandfather more and more.
    I tell people... it's an imperfect world. Deal with it.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I guess we will just have to agree to disagree on this one.
    I'm not sure what we're disagreeing on. If the guy was saying, "it sucks that the world is dangerous", then he's right and I agree with him. If he's actually saying, "it sucks that someone feels like they need to take a gun everywhere", then he's obviously wrong, and I disagree with him. I'm merely offering an interpretation that gives the guy the benefit of the doubt.

Top Bottom